• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Open Letter To The President And Congress

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Dear Mr. President, Madam Speaker, Mr. Majority Leader, Congresspeople, Senators, Cabinet Members, and all the staff of those people,

I am writing you today to let you know of an issue with your work performance. I go by the name Redress on the internets. I am a native of the great state of Michigan(Ionia to be exact), and a resident of the pretty good state of Georgia. I am one of the people you work for. And I am not happy. At all. I have a bone to pick with you about your work performance.

The role of government is to serve the people of this great country. It is the best country on Earth, none better, none as good. Your job, as our elected or appointed representatives in government is to work on our behalf. You seem to have forgotten that. In fact, it seems like you feel the role of the citizens is either to serve your egos, or as pawns to benefit you. So let me start with the obvious. The government right now is shut down. This is a failure on your part. If you are one of the people I mentioned in the opening line of this letter, you are one of the people to blame. Thousands of people out of work. Thousands more working without a paycheck. Services slow or stopped. Millions of people impacted. And you did it. Yes, you. Not the "other side", not democrats, nor republicans, not the president. All of you.

I do not care whether the president delivers a State of the Union address in congress, from the White House, from somewhere else, or not at all. I do not care that people in congress are going places. This needs to be said, and it needs to be said loud: THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU! If you folks want to have pissing contests, want to measure penises, want to see who is more studly, or who can annoy the other more, do it on your own time, and in private. You serve the people, they do not serve your overly large egos. You have lost sight of what is important, focusing all on winning, instead of serving the country and the people therein. And it needs to stop. Now.

Mr. President and republicans: you want money for a wall. Fine, but remember the essence of negotiation is to give something in order to get something. Democrats: you do not want to pay for the wall. Fine, but remember that you can give in order to get. In this case, pay the 5 billion, but get DACA(or something similar). Why is it that I, random_person_on_the_internets_001, can figure our a deal when you all cannot. Don't want to be seen to lose, or give in? Then **** you, because Americans are already paying for your stupidity. This is not about you, your egos. This is about serving the country. If you cannot do your job, then it is time to start finding people who will. You are replaceable. Don't like my deal? Fine, make another, but remember that unless both sides give, the American people are the ones who will suffer.

Sincerely,

Redress

Dear Mr. President, Madam Speaker, Mr. Majority Leader, Congresspeople, Senators, Cabinet Members, and all the staff of those people,

I am writing you today to let you know of an issue with your work performance. I go by the name Redress on the internets. I am a native of the great state of Michigan(Ionia to be exact), and a resident of the pretty good state of Georgia. I am one of the people you work for. And I am not happy. At all. I have a bone to pick with you about your work performance.

The role of government is to serve the people of this great country. It is the best country on Earth, none better, none as good. Your job, as our elected or appointed representatives in government is to work on our behalf. You seem to have forgotten that. In fact, it seems like you feel the role of the citizens is either to serve your egos, or as pawns to benefit you. So let me start with the obvious. The government right now is shut down. This is a failure on your part. If you are one of the people I mentioned in the opening line of this letter, you are one of the people to blame. Thousands of people out of work. Thousands more working without a paycheck. Services slow or stopped. Millions of people impacted. And you did it. Yes, you. Not the "other side", not democrats, nor republicans, not the president. All of you.

I do not care whether the president delivers a State of the Union address in congress, from the White House, from somewhere else, or not at all. I do not care that people in congress are going places. This needs to be said, and it needs to be said loud: THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU! If you folks want to have pissing contests, want to measure penises, want to see who is more studly, or who can annoy the other more, do it on your own time, and in private. You serve the people, they do not serve your overly large egos. You have lost sight of what is important, focusing all on winning, instead of serving the country and the people therein. And it needs to stop. Now.

Mr. President and republicans: you want money for a wall. Fine, but remember the essence of negotiation is to give something in order to get something. Democrats: you do not want to pay for the wall. Fine, but remember that you can give in order to get. In this case, pay the 5 billion, but get DACA(or something similar). Why is it that I, random_person_on_the_internets_001, can figure our a deal when you all cannot. Don't want to be seen to lose, or give in? Then **** you, because Americans are already paying for your stupidity. This is not about you, your egos. This is about serving the country. If you cannot do your job, then it is time to start finding people who will. You are replaceable. Don't like my deal? Fine, make another, but remember that unless both sides give, the American people are the ones who will suffer.

Sincerely,

Redress

Bold: Seems either you misspelled a word or you meant to say something else? Grammatically speaking that line is a bit incongruous. (thought maybe you meant "whining" instead of "winning"?)

Otherwise, not bad. :)

Dear Redress,

Since you state you reside in Georgia, your letter has been forwarded to us, your State's House and Senate representatives.

Thank you for your letter. We will give it the consideration it is due.

In the meantime, please keep us in mind in the next election. In return, we promise to keep your desires mind. But be aware that money talks. (hint, hint)

Sincerely,

Your Senate and House Representatives

Good letter, agree 100% but hope you sent it to all those folks and not just to this site!!

Bold: Seems either you misspelled a word or you meant to say something else? Grammatically speaking that line is a bit incongruous. (thought maybe you meant "whining" instead of "winning"?)

Otherwise, not bad. :)

No, it is right.They are trying to win, not trying to serve the country. Maybe I should have said "win personally". At this point, it is not about anything other than being seen as the winner, to stoke their egos.

No, it is right.They are trying to win, not trying to serve the country. Maybe I should have said "win personally". At this point, it is not about anything other than being seen as the winner, to stoke their egos.

Yeah, "win personally" would have sounded better. :)

Sincerely,

Redress
Well said

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good luck with this, it'd be nice if they listen even though we know they will not.

Yeah, "win personally" would have sounded better. :)

Both sides see it is Rocky vs Apollo Creed, and what they are after is the moment of personal glory where the ref raises their hand. Unfortunately, we the people have already lost the fight.

I do not fully agree with the OP, because I do not see the blame as bilateral. I also see a much deeper principle along with more detail, than that portrayed in the OP.

But liking the bi-partisan nature of the thread, and rather than hurrying the thread into political partisan devolution, I'll refrain from the further exposition of my thoughts - at least for now.

Sincerely,

Redress

Dear Redress:

Thank you for your letter but due to the government shutdown we are currently unable to do anything in regards to your concerns but we do want to make you aware that it is not our side that is responsible for this, it is the other side. They are being totally unreasonable about this and we feel that if we stand up for our principles and values, the other side will eventually cave into our position. While we feel sorry for the short term predicament this has put many people in, this fight is better for the greater good of both our country and our party. This is a fight worth fighting and that superceeds any negative impacts on our constituents. Our party and our values are at stake. In order to make this government shutdown last for as short of a time as possible, we highly encourage you to send in a donation of $100 or more to your Senator, Congressperson, or to our party so that we can show the other side our determination on this issue. It is through the generous donations of people like you that we can stand up for our values and end this government shutdown as quickly as possible. Without your donation this could all drag on for a very long time. Enclosed is a self addressed envelope to return your donation. Please remember to put a stamp on it.

Sincerely,

the party who cares

Last edited:
Too bad we don't see this passion when the government is ****ing over the people.

Too bad we don't see this passion when the government is ****ing over the people.

The government is ****ing over the people. 0.13 % lost economic growth per week. Thousands without paychecks. Slow or nonexistent services.

The government is ****ing over the people. 0.13 % lost economic growth per week. Thousands without paychecks. Slow or nonexistent services.

Where were y'all when the IRS was targeting citizens for political reasons? Or when the president put thousands of people out of work?

My paycheck hasn't changed and I get it every friday.

Where were y'all when the IRS was targeting citizens for political reasons? Or when the president put thousands of people out of work?

My paycheck hasn't changed and I get it every friday.

Me either.. I couldn't care less about federal workers bloated salaries, and benefits. In fact there are entire agencies in the federal government I think do nothing at all. Why are they still there?

That said, I do feel for the families, so I get that, but lets not kid ourselves here; most of these federal jobs would not pay anywhere near the same if they were private.

Tim-

Me either.. I couldn't care less about federal workers bloated salaries, and benefits. In fact there are entire agencies in the federal government I think do nothing at all. Why are they still there?

That said, I do feel for the families, so I get that, but lets not kid ourselves here; most of these federal jobs would not pay anywhere near the same if they were private.

Tim-

Those mother****ers don't lose a minute's sleep when they cause a citizen, or thousands of citizens to go without a paycheck. ****'em.

Ah yes, lots of F' the the workers and working class in this thread. Compassionate Conservatism on full display...

Mr. President and republicans: you want money for a wall. Fine, but remember the essence of negotiation is to give something in order to get something. Democrats: you do not want to pay for the wall. Fine, but remember that you can give in order to get. In this case, pay the 5 billion, but get DACA(or something similar). Why is it that I, random_person_on_the_internets_001, can figure our a deal when you all cannot.

Good to see you included the speaker on this. Trump has made it clear he would give up something for the wall. (DACA is a bit vague, and probably too much. However, he already offered a version of this to Democrats).

Sincerely,

Redress
The Illegal-o-crats were ALREADY OFFERED a GREAT DACA DEAL...they refused it...remember?

Their only opposition to wall funding is their hatred for the President. Period.

Back
Top Bottom