• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An open letter to Mr. khizr-khan

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mr. Khan disgraced his son by allowing himself to be used as a DNC pawn, and his son as a poster child selling the idea that a Muslim soldiers' service us somehow greater than others. The article speaks for itself.

The DNC found a symphatec immigrant and used him like a $2.00 whore.

An open letter to Mr. Khizr Khan | Fox News

Dear Mr. Khan,

I, like millions of Americans saw your speech at the DNC on Thursday night.

I wish to offer my sympathy for the death of your son, Captain Humayun Khan, who was killed in action in Iraq.

As a former US Army officer, and a veteran of the Gulf War, I can certainly understand the pain and anguish that you and your wife endure every day.

Your son died saving the lives of his fellow soldiers. As Jesus told his disciples, according to the Gospel of John, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

... More

Reading through that... Made me dumber I'm sure.

Another journey through the warped and precarious mind of the Trump supporter.

Reading through that... Made me dumber I'm sure.

Another journey through the warped and precarious mind of the Trump supporter.

Thank you! You sacrificed some brain cells so the rest of us (who might not have many to spare) don't have to!

I feel like nobody who calls themselves a conservative watched the RNC. There is so much talk of using tragedy as a political play because of this one speaker at the DNC. Go back and watch the RNC and tell me on what day they didn't drag out families related to Benghazi in some way.

Mr. Khan disgraced his son by allowing himself to be used as a DNC pawn, and his son as a poster child selling the idea that a Muslim soldiers' service us somehow greater than others. The article speaks for itself.

There is really no reason to attack this guy. Yes, he politicized his sons death, but he is hardly unique in that regard. Trump should have been the bigger man and just said something like: "These are grieving parents who lost a son in a war I opposed. We disagree and out of respect for the heroism of their lost son that is all I am going to say on the matter." But for some reason, Trump seems incapable of common decency and political intelligence. Trump kept this issue alive and made leftist folk heroes out of these two because he just cant seem to know when to just shut his mouth.

Too bad the DNC couldn't find a blind Mr. Khan in wheelchair and his wife in gay colors en mufti to wheel out for extra points.

It's hard for you Hillary loyalists to accept the fact that Hillary and her DNC travelers use people as props, and like a magicians audience, play all on with the fag, straight faced!

Wake, grow up, and don't act horrified like you were born last night. You know exactly what is going on, kiddies.

THE DNC couldn't care less their son is dead carrying out Obama failed policies.

There is really no reason to attack this guy. Yes, he politicized his sons death, but he is hardly unique in that regard. Trump should have been the bigger man and just said something like: "These are grieving parents who lost a son in a war I opposed. We disagree and out of respect for the heroism of their lost son that is all I am going to say on the matter." But for some reason, Trump seems incapable of common decency and political intelligence. Trump kept this issue alive and made leftist folk heroes out of these two because he just cant seem to know when to just shut his mouth.

It's Donald Trump. Common decency and political intelligence aren't in his character.

I was going to say that that wouldn't be possible, but that wouldn't be nice. So I wont.

hqdefault.jpg

I feel like nobody who calls themselves a conservative watched the RNC. There is so much talk of using tragedy as a political play because of this one speaker at the DNC. Go back and watch the RNC and tell me on what day they didn't drag out families related to Benghazi in some way.

A father who lost his son to an illegal immigrant speaks out against illegal immigration (which Hillary and the Democrats support)
A mother who lost her son due to Queen Hillary's incompetency (which Hillary rejects and says "What difference does it make?")

People with legitimate beefs against the Left's policies and Hillary.

I love to see Hillary loyalists acting out. Getting nasty and personal and all, well liberal-like.

I'm shocked you can't see a political game played in front of you.

Yea its only okay when the cons have family of dead soldiers speak at their events. What a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!!!1

You are not seeing the showmanship for what it is. It is engineered to make you react like you are, and to create controversy.

It's obviously working. And I doubt any of you read the rest of the original article because it conflicts with your partisan views.

Yep, they've been trotting out Benghazi crap for 4 years...so much so, the sister of Chris Stevens had to ask the GOP to quit dragging her brother's corpse through the streets.

You are not seeing the showmanship for what it is. It is engineered to make you react like you are, and to create controversy.

It's obviously working. And I doubt any of you read the rest of the original article because it conflicts with your partisan views.

Showmanship? You should understand that.
trey_gowdy2.jpg

Careful, you are making my point. A point that I'm very aware of, and inoculated against getting hysterical over.

While a number of points he makes are legitimate, the majority of the letter is born of CT crap - and when I followed the link to his own website, at the bottom of the letter he wrote, I can understand better why the letter had the tone it has.

While I feel that Mr. Khan and the Democrats are dishonorably using Captain Khan and his personal sacrifice for this country as a political pawn in this election season, I do not blame the parents. I blame the Democrats for their shameful exploitation of a hero's ultimate sacrifice as if he had done so to allow them to use his death and service as a hammer to bash Republicans about the head.

Trump is being shameful in much of his responses to the Khans. Yet what he is doing is no more shameful than what the Democrats, and their advocates in the media, are doing to the memory and service of Captain Khan.

Yet, the OP letter is hyperbolic, in bad taste, and extremely bad form for a former officer in the US military.

Open letter to Mr. Khan.

Dear Mr. Khan,

How much money do you stand to lose if Mr. Trump becomes President?

Sincerely,

Mycroft

There are a few of these such letters posted online now and they all say relatively the same thing..."Mr. Khan, while I respect your son's sacrifice, you should've taken the opportunity to speak out against radical terrorist." Maybe he should have, but since the purpose of him speaking seemed to be to:

1) illustrate that not all Muslims in America have been radicalized by Islamist's;

2) there are Muslim-Americans who have served (and are serving) in our Armed Services; and,

3) to challenge Donald Trump on what he's sacrificed/given back to the country that bore him.

...it's understandable that he limited his talking points to Trump's character and convictions. But in essence, I agree that Mr. Khan could and should've used his platform on stage to challenge American Muslims to denounce radical Islam, as well as, fight back against anti-Muslim rhetoric in America.

There are a few of these such letters posted online now and they all say relatively the same thing..."Mr. Khan, while I respect your son's sacrifice, you should've taken the opportunity to speak out against radical terrorist." Maybe he should have, but since the purpose of him speaking seemed to be to:

1) illustrate that not all Muslims in America have been radicalized by Islamist's;

2) there are Muslim-Americans who have served (and are serving) in our Armed Services; and,

3) to challenge Donald Trump on what he's sacrificed/given back to the country that bore him.

...it's understandable that he limited his talking points to Trump's character and convictions. But in essence, I agree that Mr. Khan could and should've used his platform on stage to challenge American Muslims to denounce radical Islam, as well as, fight back against anti-Muslim rhetoric in America.

All these talking points are nothing more that a straw man attack directed at Trump at the behest of the Democratic Party. His motivation is the money he'll lose if Trump becomes President and temporarily restricts Muslim immigration into the US. Mr. Khan makes his livelihood from helping such people get their green cards.

Mr. Khan has dragged his own son's memory through the political mud for the sake of a dollar or 500,000.

This is... amazing. Trump and the GOP invited a grieving mother to sob on the stage about the son she lost... and to blame Hillary Clinton personally, saying she should be in prison for it.

But tissue-skinned Donald goes all PMS if another grieving family talks about their loss and criticizes Trump for ignoring the sacrifice when he demeans his, and their, religion. To Trump, that was a "vicious attack against" him. Having a grief-stricken family call Hillary basically a murderer and scream that she should be in prison for her son's death, hey, in Trumpsville that is A-okay!

Double standard, anyone?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom