• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Open Constitutional Convention is needed NOW more than ever [W:456]

Re: An Open Constitutional Convention is needed NOW more than ever

Sen. Coburn has shown us the way on keeping your word on term limits, at two consecutive Senate terms. I prefer 18 straight years in either chamber, without being barred from the other chamber. They could bring valuable insight. I support Obama becoming the 2nd POTUSA ever to go for a House seat.

Sen. Coburn has shown us the way on keeping your word on term limits, at two consecutive Senate terms. I prefer 18 straight years in either chamber, without being barred from the other chamber. They could bring valuable insight. I support Obama becoming the 2nd POTUSA ever to go for a House seat.
So you support cronyism but want change... yikes!

Who fears a cleansing of America the proper way, through an OCC? Are we really in it four our future generations? Meanwhile, untold talent goes to waste on these political boards solving what?

So you support cronyism but want change... yikes!

How do you get cronyism from my thread/posts? Of what are disturbs you of my printed words? If the federal CC were fed by ones on the state and county level, how does this not meet your standard of a ground-up revolution rather than the civil war we're headed for, IMO.

How do you get cronyism from my thread/posts? Of what are disturbs you of my printed words? If the federal CC were fed by ones on the state and county level, how does this not meet your standard of a ground-up revolution rather than the civil war we're headed for, IMO.

For starters you keep advocating longer terms, keeping Obama in politics because "his insight would be useful"... insight into world affairs is not the sole providence of those serving in gov't already.

All campaigns start from the local level, even presidential ones. Each town has a political headquarters. The problem is we have become trapped by two party machines. Have you not seen what has happened to other well intentioned grass roots movements? OWS was infiltrated by party interests... Tea Party was as well...

Anyway, as I said, a CC within the current pervasive corrupted paradigm is useless at best, and dangerous at worst.

For starters you keep advocating longer terms, keeping Obama in politics because "his insight would be useful"... insight into world affairs is not the sole providence of those serving in gov't already.

All campaigns start from the local level, even presidential ones. Each town has a political headquarters. The problem is we have become trapped by two party machines. Have you not seen what has happened to other well intentioned grass roots movements? OWS was infiltrated by party interests... Tea Party was as well...

Anyway, as I said, a CC within the current pervasive corrupted paradigm is useless at best, and dangerous at worst.

The "insight would be useful" was meant for senators versus representatives and vice-versa, not for Obama.

My reasons for Obama are distinct and aplenty. I don't want the 2nd Adams to stand alone. I want to see him get back at the Repubs for the TEAdowngrade where 25 Reps could wreak havoc on the economy. The concerted effort to block everything/Obama legislatively, especially bills Repubs used to support and embrace, should concern any defender of the Constitution.

It does no use to blame the two parties if you're not willing to go beyond DC.

The "insight would be useful" was meant for senators versus representatives and vice-versa, not for Obama.

My reasons for Obama are distinct and aplenty. I don't want the 2nd Adams to stand alone. I want to see him get back at the Repubs for the TEAdowngrade where 25 Reps could wreak havoc on the economy. The concerted effort to block everything/Obama legislatively, especially bills Repubs used to support and embrace, should concern any defender of the Constitution.

It does no use to blame the two parties if you're not willing to go beyond DC.

2nd Adams? Obama is the same tool of the financial, military-industrial, domestic surveillance industry, and global agenda that the previous four presidents were. He has continued the same economic and foreign policy.

But I get it now... you have your head so far up the democrat machine you can't see that it is as corrupt and central to the problem as unrestricted contributions, lobbyists and your opposition party.

Have you read G Washington's farewell address? If not, I highly recommend it.

The President is the monarchy????

You need to get your head out of the 14th century.

really?..you better read!

here i will post it for you!.....

The Federalist No. 40
On the Powers of the [constitutional]Convention to Form a Mixed Government Examined and Sustained
New York Packet
Friday, January 18, 1788
[James Madison]
To the People of the State of New York:

THE second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.

The powers of the convention ought, in strictness, to be determined by an inspection of the commissions given to the members by their respective constituents. As all of these, however, had reference, either to the recommendation from the meeting at Annapolis, in September, 1786, or to that from Congress, in February, 1787, it will be sufficient to recur to these particular acts.

what is a mixed government??????---Mixed government, also known as a mixed constitution, is a form of government that integrates elements of democracy, aristocracy, and monarchy. In a mixed government, some issues (often defined in a constitution) are decided by the majority of the people, some other issues by few, and some other issues by a single person (also often defined in a constitution). The idea is commonly treated as an antecedent of separation of powers.

John Adams wrote in 1806: "I once thought our Constitution was quasi or mixed government, but they (Republicans) have now made it, to all intents and purposes, in virtue, in spirit, and in effect, a democracy. We are left without resources but in our prayers and tears, and have nothing that we can do or say, but the Lord have mercy on us."

Last edited:

I'm always a little confused by people who on the one hand venerate the Constitution, and on the other hand shrink from the possibility from a Constitutional convention -- something provided for by the Constitution.

Sort of like how I'm confused by people who proudly wave the Constitution's preamble around, but then complain that special interests would destroy it if given half a chance.

You only have something to fear fro ma Constitutional convention if you believe your ideals are so far in the minority that 3/4ths of the 50 states would throw them away -- and if they would do so, then maybe the nation shouldn't be bound by your ideals.

it would be opening Pandora's box

So what? If such a vast majority of Americans no longer hold sacred what you hold sacred, why doesn't that matter?

not if majority rule were to take hold, and it would, and it would destroy the u.s.

The time for party politics is not now.

While somewhat unavoidable, fixing our country, restoring the constitution, is NOT a right v left issue. It's a People v gov't issue.

When the founders warned us to be vigilant and skeptical of gov't, they didn't mean just the opposition party.. or the party in power... they meant the whole of gov't, and each person in it, regardless of party.

not if majority rule were to take hold, and it would, and it would destroy the u.s.

You're missing the point. If that many people want to reshape the government, it's going to get reshaped no matter what quotes you reference or Federalist papers you wave around.

So what? If such a vast majority of Americans no longer hold sacred what you hold sacred, why doesn't that matter?

What makes you think the states political leaders will vote in the interest of the People?

Is there any question that the party machines don't give a sh*t about the needs or rights of the people? Were you alive during the bailouts?

Considering the nearly perfect history of gov't abuse of it's people, and that our founding documents are based on 800 years of political struggle and singular purpose to prevent that with knowledge and wisdom from every age... if these are no longer sacred to modern Americans... it is not me that needs to change... it is they that need to be educated as to the lessons of history on which our protection of rights and self determination... THE FIRST IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD... are based.

You're missing the point. If that many people want to reshape the government, it's going to get reshaped no matter what quotes you reference or Federalist papers you wave around.

people can reshape the structure of government, if they chose, they dont get to change rights of the people. we dont have collective rights, they are individual rights, and my rights are not contingent on how you think and feel about them.

2nd Adams? Obama is the same tool of the financial, military-industrial, domestic surveillance industry, and global agenda that the previous four presidents were. He has continued the same economic and foreign policy.

But I get it now... you have your head so far up the democrat machine you can't see that it is as corrupt and central to the problem as unrestricted contributions, lobbyistsx and your opposition party.

Have you read G Washington's farewell address? If not, I highly recommend it.

Those who watch me post know how I feel to live in the crooked and broke state of Illinois, in which each party and their many tentacles is a life-sized model of DC.

Ever since Bush-43, America's had a growing number of voters who do not wish to be held accountable for their votes. They criticize others using the "head so far up ____" routine, and then hide behind the skirt of "other" or "undisclosed".

What makes you think the states political leaders will vote in the interest of the People?

Is there any question that the party machines don't give a sh*t about the needs or rights of the people? Were you alive during the bailouts?

Considering the nearly perfect history of gov't abuse of it's people, and that our founding documents are based on 800 years of political struggle and singular purpose to prevent that with knowledge and wisdom from every age... if these are no longer sacred to modern Americans... it is not me that needs to change... it is they that need to be educated as to the lessons of history on which our protection of rights and self determination... THE FIRST IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD... are based.

I guess it all depends on how interested the general populace would be, which would be indicated by the kind of pressure they place on their elected officials.

If such a convention were called and the states essentially threw the Constitution out and the populace didn't hold them accountable, then we get the government we deserve.

Those who watch me post know how I feel to live in the crooked and broke state of Illinois, in which each party and their many tentacles is a life-sized model of DC.

Ever since Bush-43, America's had a growing number of voters who do not wish to be held accountable for their votes. They criticize others using the "head so far up ____" routine, and then hide behind the skirt of "other" or "undisclosed".

I'm not hiding anything, there simply isn't a label that fits my view of the world.

The time for party politics is not now.

While somewhat unavoidable, fixing our country, restoring the constitution, is NOT a right v left issue. It's a People v gov't issue.

When the founders warned us to be vigilant and skeptical of gov't, they didn't mean just the opposition party.. or the party in power... they meant the whole of gov't, and each person in it, regardless of party.

Where would you begin the process of "restoring the Constitution", as you said, if not with a CC. I wonder if gun owners would like to attend CC or OC?

Where would you begin the process of "restoring the Constitution", as you said, if not with a CC. I wonder if gun owners would like to attend CC or OC?

repeal the 16th, 17th, and federal reserve act.

by giving states their voices back it government its put the brakes on government expansion.

remove compulsory taxes, ...we remove the power government over the life's of the people.

and the federal reserve gone, we restore the power of money to the people.

Or they may hold something sacred that needs to be added, corrected and/or further strengthened. I hear a lot from those who want to trash amendments, like the 17th. As a partisan, it makes me puke to listen to the anti-16th crap from the Reagan/Cheney folks. It's high time to put or shut up. We could use DP rules as a guide.

repeal the 16th, 17th, and federal reserve act.

by giving states their voices back it government its put the brakes on government expansion.

remove compulsory taxes, ...we remove the power government over the life's of the people.

and the federal reserve gone, we restore the power of money to the people.

All of these would resonate in a filled St. Louis sports arena, like Scottrade.

As for me, I appreciate the 16th and the Interstates I will soon drive to Colorado via Cheyenne.

RMNP is undergoing a major reconstruction for its 100th birthday in 2015. I have always enjoyed watching these construction/engineering feats, going back to the whole I-70 complex since 1973.

Yellowstone roads are complete and I'm glad to see my federal taxes working.

All of these would resonate in a filled St. Louis sports arena, like Scottrade.

As for me, I appreciate the 16th and the Interstates I will soon drive to Colorado via Cheyenne.

RMNP is undergoing a major reconstruction for its 100th birthday in 2015. I have always enjoyed watching these construction/engineering feats, going back to the whole I-70 complex since 1973.

Yellowstone roads are complete and I'm glad to see my federal taxes working.

"the power to tax is the power to destroy"

"the power to tax is the power to destroy"

Since bridges that support OTR trucks and freight trains, to name a few, must be replaced when they are damaged/destroyed by hurricanes, tornadoes, regular flooding, fires, earthquakes, wear-and-tear and such, are we to destroy our economy for the sake of constitutional filibustering/posturing?

Since bridges that support OTR trucks and freight trains, to name a few, must be replaced when they are damaged/destroyed by hurricanes, tornadoes, regular flooding, fires, earthquakes, wear-and-tear and such, are we to destroy our economy for the sake of constitutional filibustering/posturing?

we should follow the founders and go back to voluntary taxes. like consumption taxes, which places no power of government over the people.

it is only after income taxes to see the big rise in government.

the founders did not give not delagate federal government power over the people.

Back
Top Bottom