• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An ironic story about George W. Bush

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
So, when Bush became a president after the election was stolen, by a single electoral vote, and went nuts trying to undo it seemed pretty much anything Clinton had done, that included dismantling the intelligence efforts against Al Queda, so that we did not catch them plotting 9/11, and it was committed.

But now, under Biden's operation of the intelligence services, an Iraqi man was plotting the assassination of Bush for the harm he did to Iraq, and this time the intelligence operations somehow learned of the plot and prevented it. I guess Bush should be glad someone like him wasn't president.

So, when Bush became a president after the election was stolen, by a single electoral vote, and went nuts trying to undo it seemed pretty much anything Clinton had done, that included dismantling the intelligence efforts against Al Queda, so that we did not catch them plotting 9/11, and it was committed.

But now, under Biden's operation of the intelligence services, an Iraqi man was plotting the assassination of Bush for the harm he did to Iraq, and this time the intelligence operations somehow learned of the plot and prevented it. I guess Bush should be glad someone like him wasn't president.
I mean...that's probably a bit of a stretch...but...sure?

I mean...that's probably a bit of a stretch...but...sure?
What's the stretch? It's a fact that Bush dismantled the operations against Al Queda. It's a fact that reduced our chances of catching the operation. It's a fact that somehow, the agencies under Biden found this one individual plotting Bush's assassination. I think it's a bit shocking they did, but we don't know how yet.

We should all be glad if we never have another idiot like him as president.

Is it bad that him without Darth Cheney would be better than the last guy who held the office?

I actually think Bush was a good man who surrounded himself with terrible people.

I view the idiot issue as actually second to the 'corrupt agenda' issue. I think a president who serves the right-wing corrupt agenda is the most harmful thing, and their being an idiot is very harmful but likely less than the first. Couldn't a very competent president supporting a harmful agenda actually be worse, more harmful?

What's the stretch? It's a fact that Bush dismantled the operations against Al Queda. It's a fact that reduced our chances of catching the operation. It's a fact that somehow, the agencies under Biden found this one individual plotting Bush's assassination. I think it's a bit shocking they did, but we don't know how yet.
We don't know if this person was or is part of Al-Qaeda, nor how the intelligence was developed, so it seems a bit of a stretch to assume that the area of focus dismantled under Bush is the one that found it under Biden.

It's not impossible, nor even implausible, but we just don't know.

Yes Bush even told his security team that he did not want to hear the name Bin Laden EVER.

You all do know the real reason Bush Jr invaded Iraq correct?

Sadam threatened Bush Sr life, Bush Jr. Goal was to kill Sadam

We don't know if this person was or is part of Al-Qaeda, nor how the intelligence was developed, so it seems a bit of a stretch to assume that the area of focus dismantled under Bush is the one that found it under Biden.

You missed the point. You're trying to limit it only to Al Queda for some reason. It's not about that, the new person isn't Al Queda.

You missed the point. You're trying to limit it only to Al Queda for some reason. It's not about that, the new person isn't Al Queda.
What?
I thought that was part of YOUR point.

What?
I thought that was part of YOUR point.
No, my point was how Bush did running the agencies at finding a plot versus how Biden did running the agencies at finding a plot.

Bush's happened to involve Al Queda and his dismantling the resources dedicated to Al Queda, and Biden's happens to involve an Iraqi, but it's not about the threats being from the same group.

No, my point was how Bush did running the agencies at finding a plot versus how Biden did running the agencies at finding a plot.

Bush's happened to involve Al Queda and his dismantling the resources dedicated to Al Queda, and Biden's happens to involve an Iraqi, but that's not the relevant issue.
Ah.

Apparently I confused myself for no purpose then.

Is it bad that him without Darth Cheney would be better than the last guy who held the office?

I actually think Bush was a good man who surrounded himself with terrible people.

Uhh...being a turd sandwich with mustard is still sufficiently intolerable. How can this nation continue electing morons and expecting results.

Back
Top Bottom