• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An interesting twist on pancakes

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A friend at work told me about this, and I was skeptical, but I gave it a try, and it's surprisingly good. :)
Take a blackened banana and mash it up, then whisk in two eggs, and cook like pancakes on a griddle. Serve with butter and maple syrup (or whatever you like on pancakes).
I made some a little while ago, and was surprised. It's tasty, has a pleasant texture, and healthy on top of it (unless you avoid eggs, which I don't, because I need the cholesterol for hormone genesis, lol).

Last edited:
A friend at work told me about this, and I was skeptical, but I gave it a try, and it's surprising good. :)
Take a blackened banana and mash it up, then whisk in two eggs, and cook like pancakes on a griddle. Serve with butter and maple syrup (or whatever you like on pancakes).
I made some a little while ago, and was surprised. It's tasty, has a pleasant texture, and healthy on top of it (unless you avoid eggs, which I don't, because I need the cholesterol for hormone genesis, lol).

I've heard that. It's yummy! :)

Used to cut up bananas on top of pancakes, but this sounds even easier. :thumbs:

I think I'll try this tomorrow. Does the banana really have to be black?

Well, I just used one that was ready to be used for banana bread. Blackened skin, and soft fruit, but not black fruit, if that makes sense.

Sounds yummy, I'll try it soon. My mom makes homemade buttermilk pancakes every Sunday and we're always looking for new ideas to experiment with. Might even throw some granola in the mix cause that's my favorite.

I think I'll try this tomorrow. Does the banana really have to be black?

The skin, not the pulp. It's sweeter when the skin has fully blackened.

Btw, makes kick-ass "ice cream" too. Cut the banana into chunks, freeze the chunks. Blend frozen chunks with water or juice until you find the ice cream consistency you like best. Blend in whatever fruit or chocolate or nuts or whatever. Tasty and quick to make!

Back
Top Bottom