• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Interesting New Paper

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A link between the solar magnetic field and weather patterns on Earth may explain our lower than normal severe weather in 2013

Posted on October 9, 2013 by Anthony Watts

From the “science is settled” department comes this new paper that points out a correlation between the Interplanetary Magnetic Field (IMF) and polar jet streams, which drive weather events on Earth. This new paper shows that the effects extend even further towards the Equator than before, meaning it will affect weather experienced by a greater portion of Earth’s human population. The paper is in Environmental Research Letters.:peace

This Thing affects weather, therefore other thing does not?

This Thing affects weather, therefore other thing does not?

Since the other thing continues to rise while severe weather does not I think you can probably figure it out...

I wonder when the warmers will realize that the sun, and other external factors have large effects on the earth's climate.

I wonder when the warmers will realize that the sun, and other external factors have large effects on the earth's climate.

I wonder when people like you will stop beating this straw man.

I wonder when you'll realize Environmental area search Letters is an open access journal, generally not too well regarded.

You know, it's the journal you've been trashing because they published Cooks work, showing (yet again) how 98% of papers support AGW.

I wonder when you'll realize Environmental area search Letters is an open access journal, generally not too well regarded.

You know, it's the journal you've been trashing because they published Cooks work, showing (yet again) how 98% of papers support AGW.
There you go again with your binary thinking.

Yes, AGW is real.

How many times must I remind you that there are different aspects of AGW and that what I and many others dispute, is the amount of warming claimed by AGW. I'm surprised 100% of the papers don't support AGW.

Please get the nuances of the argument strait. I'm getting tired of you total lack of comprehension on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom