• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An important summary of the history of Ukraine, Russia, trump

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Everyone should be clear about this record. A segment from Chris Hayes. It discuesses 'why Putin didn't invade Ukraine while trump was in office'.

I guess it's harder than I thought to watch a six minute video.

I guess it's harder than I thought to watch a six minute video.
It's hard to watch any effluvia from MSNBC. I lasted about a minute.

A chris hayes report.Seriously? Smh . No the whole lw trump/ russia thing has completely fallen apart . This invasion was supposed to have happened under trump because trump was his puppet. Wrongggg

Trumpers won't believe it anyway.

Did you watch it?
Yes, very good video. One of the best I've seen so far on the topic.

Manafort is a disgusting traitor who should be jailed for life. Trump's circle was always filled with Russian assets, connections to spies. Putin helped Trump win. The US President was an ally, if not a direct asset, of Putin. Trump tried to tear up NATO. He even witheld military aid from Ukraine.

Conclusion: Putin didn't need to invade Ukraine until Trump had lost power. Because Trump, and his corrupt administration, were doing Putin's dirty work for him.

Everyone knows all this. History will prove all of it eventually.

Last edited:
Yes, very good video. One of the best I've seen so far on the topic.

Manafort is a disgusting traitor who should be jailed for life. Trump's circle was always filled with Russian assets, connections to spies. Putin helped Trump win. The US President was an ally, if not a direct asset, of Putin. Trump tried to tear up NATO. He even witheld military aid from Ukraine.

Conclusion: Putin didn't need to invade Ukraine until Trump had lost power. Because Trump, and his corrupt administration, were doing Putin's dirty work for him.

Everyone knows all this. History will prove all of it eventually.
Thanks. Good comments.

Everyone should be clear about this record. A segment from Chris Hayes. It discuesses 'why Putin didn't invade Ukraine while trump was in office'.
As the Russian leader prepared to invade Ukraine, the leader of the Republican Party had only praise for Vladimir Putin.

Donald Trump has a history of supporting Putin ever since the Russian helped Trump win the 2016 Presidential election. So, it is no big surprise that Trump would have high praise for what Putin is doing as the latter prepares for a European war that could rival WWII in its severity.

The leader of the GOP thinks this is a great idea.

ABC News reports, "As Vladimir Putin steers Russia toward an invasion of Ukraine, former President Donald Trump is calling the actions of the Russian president "genius" and "savvy."

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said.

“So Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. … Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well,” Trump added.

Trump's comments were made on Tuesday. They have been endorsed by the Republican leadership by virtue of their silence. Putin invaded Ukraine the following day.

ABC continued, "Trump has long expressed an admiration for Putin, saying on Tuesday that as president, he got along "great" with the Russian leader."

"He liked me. I liked him. I mean, you know, he's a tough cookie, got a lot of great charm and a lot of pride," Trump said. "And he loves his country, you know? He loves his country."

It's true. The Republican has always been in total agreement with the communist dictator.

Concerning Russia's interference in our 2016 election, President Trump sided with Putin in July 2018. He "declined to endorse the US government’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, saying he doesn’t “see any reason why” Russia would be responsible," CNN reports.

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Trump said during a joint news conference in Helsinki.

Iran is a sworn enemy of the U.S. and the West. Iran is a Russian ally. The Iranian nuclear agreement (known as the JCPOA) was an agreement between Iran and the six major powers. It permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon.

President Trump destroyed the agreement in May 2018.

The Republican Party which lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency during a span of two years (2018 to 2020) while under Trump's leadership is expected to win control of Congress in the November mid-terms.

Back
Top Bottom