• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

An honest conversation about George Zimmerman.

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Legally carried a permitted weapon.
Used said weapon in self defense.
Found "not guilty" by a jury of his peers.
Proven to be not a racist by the FBI.
May have been alittle too eager to get involved.
None of this is disputable. So why is there still so much time still spent on it?

None of this is disputable. So why is there still so much time still spent on it?

Because there is money and political points to made off of this. Pretty much sums it up. The Race Merchants and politicians view this as an opportunity to fuel divisiveness which results in money, agenda pushing and votes for them.

Frankly, I think Zimmerman is a big douche but he faced justice and was acquitted. The "outrage" is waning, think it was only hundreds that actually rallied this weekend.

He was not "proven" not to be a racist by anybody.

Indisputable

Disputable on a personal level, indisputable as a principle of law at this point.

Indisputable

Disputable. The FBI, despite it's abilities, does not have the capacity for mind reading and cannot unquestionably know the innerworkings of an individuals head or intent. However, it'd be indisputable to say the FBI found the action was not racially motivated.

Disputable, since you're stating nothing but an opinion here and it's easy for people to have a differing, and just as legitimate, position on either side of it.

None of this is disputable.

Actually, it is. You're batting about .400 with 2 out of 5. Not bad, but not great given the context.

So why is there still so much time still spent on it?

Because it's a case with many layers and connecting political and societal issues.

Indisputable

Disputable on a personal level, indisputable as a principle of law at this point.

Indisputable

Disputable. The FBI, despite it's abilities, does not have the capacity for mind reading and cannot unquestionably know the innerworkings of an individuals head or intent. However, it'd be indisputable to say the FBI found the action was not racially motivated.

Disputable, since you're stating nothing but an opinion here and it's easy for people to have a differing, and just as legitimate, position on either side of it.

Actually, it is. You're batting about .400 with 2 out of 5. Not bad, but not great given the context.

Because it's a case with many layers and connecting political and societal issues.

Personal level means nothing. The law is the law and always has been.
The FBI went as far back as Zimmermans high school days and found nothing in his past that screams racist including he took a black girl to prom.
And it is a fact that Zimmerman was well known to dispatch by way of making endless phone calls over the years, over 50 of them.
I dont know anyone that has called the police 50 times.
So actually Iam batting 100%.
And societal and political noise is just that, fabricated noise for the sole purpose making the news cycle more interesting.

Zimmerman went to the prom?

Racism isn't just being a member of the Klan. It is a lot more pervasive and subtle than that more often than not.

Racism isn't just being a member of the Klan. It is a lot more pervasive and subtle than that more often than not.
So then everyone is racist but most of us just dont know it?
Please.

So then everyone is racist but most of us just dont know it?
Please.

Yes, in some situations, myself included, but I am willing to admit it. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Yes, in some situations, myself included, but I am willing to admit it. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Well, speak for yourself bud. I am not a racist, I judge people on their actions and speech.
I can attest that many more white people have offended me, stole from me, harmed me than blacks.

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.

Almost all people have some views that could fit inside that defintion. ( Including most white liberals)
But as you imply racism is indeed a continuum. It'not an either/or thing.

What is is importnat in this case is that an EXHAUSTIVE search was done into Zimmerman's background and they couldn't fint even a hint that racial animus may have
played a part in his actons that night.

We know. At this point in America the way racism works is that if you are white and somebody thinks you're racist then you are racist. It doesn't matter why they think you're racist. It doesn't matter if their perception is based on a warped view of the circumstances. It doesn't matter whether the person has ever observed you before because even third and 4th party "convictions" are sufficient to warrant an indisputable charge of racism.

But all that's just sour grapes. The upshot of all this is that all the accusations and hyperventilation about perceived racism have so muddied the waters that the very term "racist" has lost pretty much all of its meaning. A lot pf whites don't even care about being labeled a racist because you can now earn that credential for saying "hello" in a racial "tone". I mean, hell, if anything and everything I do can be perceived as being racist and that judgement is deemed to be incontrovertible then why should I care? It's just a fact of life at that point.

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.

Almost all people have some views that could fit inside that defintion. ( Including most white liberals)
But as you imply racism is indeed a continuum. It'not an either/or thing.

What is is importnat in this case is that an EXHAUSTIVE search was done into Zimmerman's background and they couldn't fint even a hint that racial animus may have
played a part in his actons that night.

Right and you better believe he would already have been charged by Holder and DOJ if they had anything.

This is why The DOJ has set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.... they got NOTHING!

Back
Top Bottom