• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Epidemic of racial violence

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

It's time for a national conversation about black on white racial violence.

Sadly, this is not the time.

It will never be the time.

The zeitgeist in this nation is to have a conversation ONLY about the alleged prejudice (both current & historical) toward one of those ethnicities.

So most Americans just keep their mouths shut and go about their daily lives as best as they can.

In every country, there are topics that people are expected to ignore. (For example, in China, one would be crazy to propose a conversation about Tiananmen Square.)

In this country, we all know the "conversation" proposed by the OP is a definite no no.

It was over the lack of Child Tax Credits.
I mean...baby formula.
Uh...i'm sure he was just getting bread for his family! Yeah! That's it!

Newark, what can you expect? I still enjoy the Ironbound but other than that, it's still a shithole. The P.A.C., Prudential Center, lipstick on a pig.

An alleged mentality challenged young man is out being environmentally conscious riding his skateboard getting in a little exercise when suddenly a racist white man uses his privilege causing a fight and now is playing the victim role. Old white people are a danger to everyone and should be kept off the street.

The Ironbound has the best Portugese food outside of Portugal.

Yep tons of great restaurants. There are a plethora of strip clubs there too

between the two, I was a fixture in the area for years.

Yep tons of great restaurants. There are a plethora of strip clubs there too

between the two, I was a fixture in the area for years.

I've been to most of the restaurants. Tony Da Caneca's is my favorite. Been going there since the mid-80s when I worked in Newark.

I've been to most of the restaurants. Tony Da Caneca's is my favorite. Been going there since the mid-80s when I worked in Newark.

Best, Casa Vasca. Most have never heard of it. It's hidden on a residential street in the Ironbound. It's on Elm Street, at the far end.
It's the locals go to.

Best, Casa Vasca. Most have never heard of it. It's hidden on a residential street in the Ironbound. It's on Elm Street, at the far end.
It's the locals go to.

I know it I think. Have not been there in ages though. Last time I ate in the Ironbound was 2 years ago before a Devils game. Thanks for the heads up - will check it out next time.

How do we stop this systematic racism?

Back
Top Bottom