• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Educator Read ‘I Need a New Butt!’ to Children. Then He Was Fired.

Would you think that there is any possibility that that realization could be driven by a subconscious feeling that, absent that advantage, they wouldn't be able to compete successfully with the _[fill in the blank]_s?
Of course it's possible.

It's only obvious to those who understand that the word "racist" does NOT mean "White people who are prejudiced against Black people" and nothing else. Many of the people who toss the word "racist" around like some sort of magical token do not appear to be able to understand that.

Personally I have no real issue with any "X" who prefers not to have some "nonX" in their private life. I do, however, have some real problems with any "X" who allows what they want for their personal life to intrude on how some "nonX" is treated by society as a whole outside of the private life of the "X".
I'm not aware that I know a single person who thinks "racist" means "white people who are prejudiced against Black people".

I'm not aware that I know a single person who thinks "racist" means "white people who are prejudiced against Black people".

Apparently you haven't been introduced to some members here. :)

Then, if they don't, you are very lucky in the people you know.

If you asked a "Freedonian" the question "Is Freedonia a racist country?", then you would most likely get the answer "No.".

However, if you asked a "Freedonian" the question "Do some people in Freedonia have difficulty in advancement due to the colour of their skin?", then you would most likely get the answer "Yes." from the honest ones and "No." from the ones who did not recognize the real state of Freedonian society.

I really socially important factor for Freedonia is going to be just how big the percentage of the people of Freedonia that do have "difficulty in advancement due to the colour of their skin" is. (The odds of changing the social structure of Freedonia so that NO ONE ever has "difficulty in advancement due to the colour of their skin" are going to be so small as to amount to zero as to be essentially ignorable.)

I Need a New Butt!

by​

Dawn McMillan (Goodreads Author),

Ross Kinnaird (Illustrator)
really liked it 4.00 · Rating details · 2,199 ratings · 397 reviews
A young boy suddenly notices a big problem — his butt has a huge crack! So he sets off to find a new one. Will he choose an armor-plated butt? A rocket butt? A robot butt? Find out in this quirky tale of a tail, which features hilarious rhymes and delightful illustrations.

**********************************************************************************

Mississauga Library System
E-book
Clarkson Library, Sheridan Branch Library, South Common Library, Lorne Park Library, Churchill Meadows Library
Borrow

Toronto Public Library
E-book
Long Branch (Toronto Public Library), Alderwood (Toronto Public Library), New Toronto (Toronto Public Library), Mimico Centennial (Toronto Public Library), Eatonville (Toronto Public Library)
Borrow

Markham Public Library
E-book
Thornhill Community Branch, Milliken Mills Branch, Unionville Branch, Aaniin Branch, Angus Glen Branch
Borrow

1) Apparently the Toronto, Mississauga and Markham Library Systems, their many branches, and probably the majority of libraries in the US and Canada all failed to get the memo from Mississippi that "I Need a New Butt" should be removed from their shelves!

2) Given that the book was first published in 2012, it's taken a decade before someone suddenly discovered that reading it to children ages 4 to 8 would constituted legal grounds for termination - in this case an educator with 20 years experience!

3) Apparently the Hinds County School District has yet to receive any complaints from parents concerning the book - only the principal and district superintendent found it offensive, firing their vice-principal to avoid public criticism that never came!

4) The real questions are why the Hinds County School District didn't take the necessary steps to reinstate Toby Price before this story went "VIRAL" and how long upper management is prepared to support the principal and area superintendent before the adverse publicity places their own positions in jeopardy!

5) I suspect that behind closed doors, lawyers for the Hinds County School District are telling their clients that the longer it takes to reach a resolution, the more $0's Toby Price's legal team will be adding to his financial settlement!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom