• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Appearance of Impropriety

Winston

Advanced stage dementia patient pls support my run
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Whitaker has said he would decrease Mueller's budget if he were AG, in order to "grind Mueller's investigation to a halt".

He also said, that Sessions recused, not because he had anything to "hide" but, Sessions recused because of an "appearance of Impropriety".

Which apparently is part of the legal lexicon, for when a judge should recuse himself.

So, Whitaker certainly has an appearance of impropriety concerning the Mueller investigation. Should he recuse?

In the sane and rational universe, Whitaker should recuse. How can Whitaker oversee an investigation impartially, when we have video evidence of him admitting his preconceived notions that he holds.

Maybe the evidence Mueller has uncovered will turn him, but, my thinking, is that Trump would not of picked anyone not 100% loyal to him rather than the country or, the law.

So, I don't expect Whitaker to recuse himself. Trump fired Sessions because he recused himself. So, Whitaker would have to be a genius level troll in order to make it into that spot, only to recuse himself. It's much more likely that Whitaker is in fact, a total sellout for power and an obsequious lapdog.

Hilariously disingenuous from an Obama/Holder/Lynch apologist...

Whitaker should resign.....never mind recuse. He is a card carrying joke as are most Trump appointees.

Whitaker has said he would decrease Mueller's budget if he were AG, in order to "grind Mueller's investigation to a halt".

He also said, that Sessions recused, not because he had anything to "hide" but, Sessions recused because of an "appearance of Impropriety".

Which apparently is part of the legal lexicon, for when a judge should recuse himself.

So, Whitaker certainly has an appearance of impropriety concerning the Mueller investigation. Should he recuse?

In the sane and rational universe, Whitaker should recuse. How can Whitaker oversee an investigation impartially, when we have video evidence of him admitting his preconceived notions that he holds.

Maybe the evidence Mueller has uncovered will turn him, but, my thinking, is that Trump would not of picked anyone not 100% loyal to him rather than the country or, the law.

So, I don't expect Whitaker to recuse himself. Trump fired Sessions because he recused himself. So, Whitaker would have to be a genius level troll in order to make it into that spot, only to recuse himself. It's much more likely that Whitaker is in fact, a total sellout for power and an obsequious lapdog.
I've said it before and I will say it again. If that's the hill you guys want to die on that's fine by me but be prepared to have the whole investigation thrown out, because there is massive amounts of the appearances of impropriety from those that started the investigation and those currently under mueller. If Whitaker is incapable of being neutral than you have to conclude the same about all of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I've said it before and I will say it again. If that's the hill you guys want to die on that's fine by me but be prepared to have the whole investigation thrown out, because there is massive amounts of the appearances of impropriety from those that started the investigation and those currently under mueller. If Whitaker is incapable of being neutral than you have to conclude the same about all of them.

Its not a hill anybody has to die on. Whitaker was and is an absurd choice that is becoming more absurd by the minute. This has been a poker game with all the cards face up. Its clear where this is going.

Its not a hill anybody has to die on. Whitaker was and is an absurd choice that is becoming more absurd by the minute. This has been a poker game with all the cards face up. Its clear where this is going.
I'm fine with it as long as that standard is applied equally across the board.

It is amazing what can climb out from under the rocks in that swamp.

I'm fine with it as long as that standard is applied equally across the board.

There is no equivalent anywhere in any of the issues surrounding the FBI, Mueller, the Justice Dept generally comparable to the absurdity of Whitaker to its head. So find something the equivalent of Whitaker to the head of Justice and I am with you.

Better than being a servile Trump slurper every day of the week

Says the Obama Slurper. Holder COVERED OBAMA'S ASS from Fast n Furious, the IRS targeting, Uranium One...al the way until Lynch took over.

Whitaker should resign.....never mind recuse. He is a card carrying joke as are most Trump appointees.

Yeah, he should resign for not being hostile to the President.

I haven't seen anything coming from the right that stuck in regards to showing the FBI's political bias against conservatives. Every single "bomb shell" they touted did not land. The IG report, the Nunes memo, etc.

Yeah, he should resign for not being hostile to the President.

Your's must be a joke post. There is a difference between being hostile to v kneeling and having one's lips firmly clasped to Trump's invading member, particularly since that is Whitaker's only recognizable "asset". One that really should not appear on a resume for the AG.

Says the Obama Slurper. Holder COVERED OBAMA'S ASS from Fast n Furious, the IRS targeting, Uranium One...al the way until Lynch took over.

I know 2 of 3 have been discredited, but this thread isn't even about Obama. He is irrelevant.

Winston is hard left but he is generally fair minded.

One cannot decry Whitaker's support for the POTUS out of one side of one's mouth, while ignoring the massive CYA terms of Holder/Lynch.

I know 2 of 3 have been discredited, but this thread isn't even about Obama. He is irrelevant.

Which two pf three have been discredited, and what about them has been "discredited"?

I countered your post with some REALITY and your apparent hypocrisy.

Which two pf three have been discredited, and what about them has been "discredited"?

I countered your post with some REALITY and your apparent hypocrisy.

My answer is: I don't care. It's all irrelevant to the present moment.

One cannot decry Whitaker's support for the POTUS out of one side of one's mouth, while ignoring the massive CYA terms of Holder/Lynch.

False equivalency. The combination of elements that define Whitaker put him completely and entirely beyond anything you can attribute to Holder/Lynch though I will admit that I am fairly convinced the position was past Lynch's depth. Whitaker has no depth.

That said, I should at least add this one qualifier to my comment about Lynch. Lynch was far better suited to her role than Comey was to his. Comey should never ever have risen past Deputy Director.

Last edited:
There is no equivalent anywhere in any of the issues surrounding the FBI, Mueller, the Justice Dept generally comparable to the absurdity of Whitaker to its head. So find something the equivalent of Whitaker to the head of Justice and I am with you.
Spoken like a devout partisan

I haven't seen anything coming from the right that stuck in regards to showing the FBI's political bias against conservatives. Every single "bomb shell" they touted did not land. The IG report, the Nunes memo, etc.
Strozk, page, comey, McCabe, ohr?

I get it he operates with partisan blinders and I'm sure he would say the same about me. It's a matter of perspective.

Putting Matt Whitaker in the top post at Justice even temporarily or in an Acting capacity is worse than assigning your open heart surgery to a veterinarian. In fact, its much worse. I would take a shot at open heart surgery conducted by a vet before I would even think Matt Whitaker was remotely acceptable at the top of Justice.

Some say it doesn't matter, that Trump can't unilaterally appoint a cabinet member. He or she has to be approved by the Senate.

I say everything Trump touches stinks of corruption. Of course he's trying to force this boot lick into office in an extra-constitutional way. Of course Whitaker is there to corrupt and disrupt the Mueller investigation. The only question is, will the Republicans ever care that they are not even doing a good job of pretending they're NOT a criminal enterprise?

Strozk, page, comey, McCabe, ohr?

The IG report concluded that Strzok and Page's political opinion didn't effect their work. Comey, I believe was fired for a corrupt purpose and I've supported impeachment since his firing. McCabe, also the target of a counter-investigation. However, the IG found he lacked candor on a matter unrelated to the Russia probe and was disciplined accordingly. Ohr also the target of a right wing witch hunt. But, to date, nothing nefarious can be proven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Ohr

No evidence has emerged that Ohr was involved in the initiation of the Russia probe or that Ohr mishandled sensitive information.[6][7] According to a comprehensive review by ABC News, Ohr "had little impact on the FBI’s growing probe into Trump and his associates."

Back
Top Bottom