• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

An appeal for releasing Mohammad Almoayyd

ShamMol said:
^The ACLU fights for anyone's rights. That means your right to own a gun to his right to be here (if that is indeed a right). That makes the public enemy number one for anyone, liberal or conservative, so go ahead and attack.

There is a fine line between preaching violence and hate and what some do...we have to distinguish between that and I am afraid Britain's new laws don't do a good enough job protecting what is essentially free speech and distinguishing that from hate speech (which is now much broader).

The ACLU is a homegrown group of terrorist in suits in my opinion.
Free speech doesn't do you much good if you have to dive out a 100 story window to escape fire. You need to distinguish between hate speech that people shrug of and go home after hearing it. And a speech that preaches killing people in large number. Then people go home and plan. There's a difference between the two. One is not a open and persistent threat to civilized people and one targets them almost exclusively. If you want to talk about people killing people throughout the world. And people listen to you and do so. Your right to free speech should be curbed dramatically or even better you should be dropped in a hole.

Calm2Chaos said:
Free speech doesn't do you much good if you have to dive out a 100 story window to escape fire.
What?!?!? You're equating 9/11 to be the result of too much free speech? :cuckoo:

shuamort said:
What?!?!? You're equating 9/11 to be the result of too much free speech? :cuckoo:

No I am equating free speech to the animals that are openly insighting others to kill people. You think 9/11 happened because these guys got together one day and had nothing better to do? No they were indoctrinated at some time. They were talked to, convinced and led into setting up and planning these attacks. There are clerics that openly preach the acts of terrorism knowing that their words will be turned to actions

Calm2Chaos said:
No I am equating free speech to the animals that are openly insighting others to kill people. You think 9/11 happened because these guys got together one day and had nothing better to do? No they were indoctrinated at some time. They were talked to, convinced and led into setting up and planning these attacks. There are clerics that openly preach the acts of terrorism knowing that their words will be turned to actions
Yeah, and did they do that in America or in their home country? You're making huge leaps in logic here to justify your views.

shuamort said:
Yeah, and did they do that in America or in their home country? You're making huge leaps in logic here to justify your views.

The first bombing was started and set into motion in the US. They even arrested the cleric in NY. I am sorry if I forget his name. That withstanding there are open calls for the destruction of the infidel (US). These open calls are being done to groups of people with the willingness to kill themselves to fufill their mission. So no I don't thinkit is a huge leap in logic. I think it is simply a matter of connecting the dots. The difference is I want to catch these people before they kill not after.

Calm2Chaos said:
The first bombing was started and set into motion in the US. They even arrested the cleric in NY. I am sorry if I forget his name. That withstanding there are open calls for the destruction of the infidel (US). These open calls are being done to groups of people with the willingness to kill themselves to fufill their mission. So no I don't thinkit is a huge leap in logic. I think it is simply a matter of connecting the dots. The difference is I want to catch these people before they kill not after.
The difference is you're building strawmen.

shuamort said:
The difference is you're building strawmen.

Your back to singing that song again I see. Soon as you don't have an answer that tune pops up. It's no rocket science. You look whats going on and you find out where the trouble is coming from. Look who isiting those that are killing people and go after them. Course your logic has one extra step. *Pick up dead bodies

Calm2Chaos said:
The ACLU is a homegrown group of terrorist in suits in my opinion.
Free speech doesn't do you much good if you have to dive out a 100 story window to escape fire. You need to distinguish between hate speech that people shrug of and go home after hearing it. And a speech that preaches killing people in large number. Then people go home and plan. There's a difference between the two. One is not a open and persistent threat to civilized people and one targets them almost exclusively. If you want to talk about people killing people throughout the world. And people listen to you and do so. Your right to free speech should be curbed dramatically or even better you should be dropped in a hole.
Homegrown terrorists? Well if that is your opinion, honestly you don't value your rights. They fought for Heston, they fought for the homeless man to be able to go on the subway, the fight for anyone, and that includes you. If it wasn't for their kind of people, we would not have many of the frreedoms we enjoy today, we might even still live under segregation.

ShamMol said:
Homegrown terrorists? Well if that is your opinion, honestly you don't value your rights. They fought for Heston, they fought for the homeless man to be able to go on the subway, the fight for anyone, and that includes you. If it wasn't for their kind of people, we would not have many of the frreedoms we enjoy today, we might even still live under segregation.

You keep believing that. By the way the homeless guy ******* in the subway coming after you every 5 minutes for money, verbally assaulting you on the platform. Thank you ACLU. The defense of nambla and terrorist or supposed terrorist in gitmo. Exactly what rights am I enjoying that the ACLU has gotten for me?

Please my Dear , This is an Appeal to release a person Aged 75 years old and is going to have the same inside the prison and to pay more than 2 millions Dollars to the US Brooklyn court....

Please , contribute with us to release shiekh Mohammad Almoayyed just by clicking this link below , read and sign your petition :

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/moayyed/petition.html

and also try to forward this by email to all people you know all over the world for the justice .

Thank you very much ,

Damn, when someone says that liberalism is a mental disorder they were not kidding.

Calm2Chaos said:
Your back to singing that song again I see. Soon as you don't have an answer that tune pops up. It's no rocket science. You look whats going on and you find out where the trouble is coming from. Look who isiting those that are killing people and go after them. Course your logic has one extra step. *Pick up dead bodies
And you're back to building strawmen. Once you're in an argument, you like to accuse the others of things they haven't claimed. When you've knocked that off, I'll stop calling you on it.

shuamort said:
And you're back to building strawmen. Once you're in an argument, you like to accuse the others of things they haven't claimed. When you've knocked that off, I'll stop calling you on it.

Are there not clerics out there insighting people to kill others? Did not one of these clerics insight the group that attacked the towers the first time. I am not making false claims here. It happens, it happens all the time. The people that are performing these acts are coming from somewhere and getting there words from somewhere. I think it's naive to think there just doing it on there own.

Calm2Chaos said:
Are there not clerics out there insighting people to kill others? Did not one of these clerics insight the group that attacked the towers the first time. I am not making false claims here. It happens, it happens all the time. The people that are performing these acts are coming from somewhere and getting there words from somewhere. I think it's naive to think there just doing it on there own.
And Pat Robertson just said that he wants the US Gov't to assassinate a foreign leader. Should he be censured too?

Calm2Chaos said:
I think there is a difference between censuring 1 and 100 or 1000. But that aside sure, censrue him. I have no problem at all if you smack Pat Robertson around. I think he's a smacked as s actually. I think he should keeps his opions to himself regarding matters such as this.
So you're saying that no one should have the rights to say things as Pat Robertson has?

shuamort said:
So you're saying that no one should have the rights to say things as Pat Robertson has?

I think your trying to draw a coralation between what he said and clerics. And I think that is a ridiculous comparison. First reason is simply people don't take him seriously. They immediately denounced what he said. There is not a large group if people eagerly awaiting Pats kill order to spring into action.

I think there is an inherent difference and that certain situations have to be looked at differently. And the person that wants to color everything with the same brush is naive and foolish to say the least. Yes Pat Robertson is an as swipe. But when he called for the man to be killed people didn't engage a plan to do so. These clerics are talking to people that look for gyuidance and then act on what they are told. The clerics know this and incite these people on purpose. Sorry but there is no way I am going to look at the two with te same constraints

By the way.. I never said he shouldn't have the right to say what he said. I just said in my opinion he should keep his mouth shut in some situations. I think having just a little bit of sense can keep you out of a lot of trouble

Calm2Chaos said:
You keep believing that. By the way the homeless guy ******* in the subway coming after you every 5 minutes for money, verbally assaulting you on the platform. Thank you ACLU. The defense of nambla and terrorist or supposed terrorist in gitmo. Exactly what rights am I enjoying that the ACLU has gotten for me?
Specifically you? Hmm...guns. Lots of them. Remember that scene in the matrix? Just think that whenever you think ACLU-they fight for your right second amm. rights, which from your views that you have expressed in this thread alone, I am sure you love to death.

Why is it that when a situation involving the fanaticism of Islam is being addressed, individuals immediately look to excuse it by bringing up past histories in other religions?

Any individual preaching hate and encouraging violence is as guilty as the act. America has had plenty of court cases setting presedence for future cases (Manson). In America, the majority of these kind of people get a free pass, because they hide under the Constitution. Many well intentioned individuals think they are doing a great service by defending this kind of character while basking in the light of our Constitution, but ultimately all they are doing is defending their rights to abuse their freedoms and weakening a great nation.

It's sad that Britian, who's many people opposed the war from the beginning, are taking bold steps against these leaders of terror after suffering a couple minor attacks, while America, who was attacked by these fundamentals on a much larger scale, will ultimately recognize his right to preach "hate and violence" above anything else. What's the sense in having the freest nation on Earth, if we won't protect it for fear of holding people accountable for their use of said freedoms? Our own people and our own abuses of individual rights are our worse enemy.

ShamMol said:
Specifically you? Hmm...guns. Lots of them. Remember that scene in the matrix? Just think that whenever you think ACLU-they fight for your right second amm. rights, which from your views that you have expressed in this thread alone, I am sure you love to death.

The NRA gets me guns. The ACLU may battle some idvidual gun rights .. But the NRA keeps that alive. By the way I see no reason Why someone needs to own assualt rifles.

GySgt said:
Why is it that when a situation involving the fanaticism of Islam is being addressed, individuals immediately look to excuse it by bringing up past histories in other religions?

Any individual preaching hate and encouraging violence is as guilty as the act. America has had plenty of court cases setting presedence for future cases (Manson). In America, the majority of these kind of people get a free pass, because they hide under the Constitution. Many well intentioned individuals think they are doing a great service by defending this kind of character while basking in the light of our Constitution, but ultimately all they are doing is defending their rights to abuse their freedoms and weakening a great nation.

It's sad that Britian, who's many people opposed the war from the beginning, are taking bold steps against these leaders of terror after suffering a couple minor attacks, while America, who was attacked by these fundamentals on a much larger scale, will ultimately recognize his right to preach "hate and violence" above anything else. What's the sense in having the freest nation on Earth, if we won't protect it for fear of holding people accountable for their use of said freedoms? Our own people and our own abuses of individual rights are our worse enemy.

VERY WELL PUT

Calm2Chaos said:
The NRA gets me guns. The ACLU may battle some idvidual gun rights .. But the NRA keeps that alive. By the way I see no reason Why someone needs to own assualt rifles.
It's not a need, no one needs guns. It's a want. Luckily that want is protected by the 2nd Amendment.

GySgt said:
I love guns

Seriously?!? Huh...just when you think you know someone, they do a complete 180. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom