• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An All-Female Crew Will Broadcast A Major League Baseball Game

Yep, that is exactly what it is. Getting even because sociaty evolved naturally, with the man as hunter gatherer. When does the white man get his pay back and sit home all day and watch TV like the women used to do?

Looks like we need Trump after all.
You mean raising the kids and taking care of the house?

Hey, if your fragile male ego can take it, find yourself a woman with a good job and see if you can negotiate that situation.

Its not the days of Ozzie and Harriet anymore, much as some white men are pining for it to be.

Kudos though on finding a way to tell women to refind thier place without coming out and saying it. Also, thanks for taking time out of your busy day of clubbing women and dragging them back to the cave...Im sure it came at great expense to you.

OK, following on what @americanwoman said

ALL baseball players are men. Should we now put out a team comprised of all women to get even with men?

That is what is happening here in the broadcast booth. .
All fighter pilots used to be men as well.

Now we are on the verge of having the first female lead to the Air Force demonstration team.

I know.....whats she doing not being barefoot and pregnant, right?

The hell with the old template, you must be the best!

In with the new template, you must have tits and ****! (this may be why so many men are getting sex changes, they want to "cut" in line. :ROFLMAO:
Old templates also had black people as property.

So yes, occasionally its the hell with the old template.

A early and cool example is Eleanor Roosevelt’s White House Press Conferences with only female reporters.

Also the bias against woman are often not outspoken. For example Trump could fill his cabinet with mostly men there many also there incompetent. While if Hillary had won and filled only half the cabinet with woman that there as incompetent as Trump male picks. Then she likely would have faced a lot of criticism for chosen incompetent woman over competent males.

So better an incompetent male than an incompetent female?

WTF is wrong with people today?

What a good question! Just ask it honestly, why must they have to artificially exclude qualified men (because this is what is happening here) just because others....
What makes you so sure that they are excluding more qualified men who want the position? And do you make this same assumption about qualified women when it is an all male cast?

What makes you so sure that they are excluding more qualified men who want the position? And do you make this same assumption about qualified women when it is an all male cast?
Women have been becoming more and more prominent in all males sports. From coaches, to trainers, to broadcasters. That is a good thing. The vast majority of all of the above are still men, in all male sporting leagues.

Stipulating that there will be no this or that (m/f, B/W, hetero/gay etc) , or all this or that is ALWAYS bad.

If that isn't what this is, then it is merely a publicity stunt designed to attract interest. Feel free.

Ive always thought baseball announcers talk to much about random useless facts I can’t imagine this games commentary

Women have been becoming more and more prominent in all males sports. From coaches, to trainers, to broadcasters. That is a good thing. The vast majority of all of the above are still men, in all male sporting leagues.

Stipulating that there will be no this or that (m/f, B/W, hetero/gay etc) , or all this or that is ALWAYS bad.

If that isn't what this is, then it is merely a publicity stunt designed to attract interest. Feel free.
It's the Baltimore Orioles. I don't blame them for trying to generate some interest in that crappy team.

For The First Time, An All-Female Crew Will Broadcast A Major League Baseball Game

The flip side is, if you are a man, you can't work on the game.
This is baseballs idea of supporting women? ****ing men?

I have lived this since the 1970's, this is why we have Donald Trump. The white man comes last. Always.

Poor white man. You're hyperventilating. Relax and take a few deep breaths.

And look on the bright side, they're all white women.

I mean, that IS the analogy that fits.

It isn't the giving the opportunity to broadcast, it is the taking away of the rights of others so that they can broadcast.

All political theater.
What are you getting on about?

Did you really imply that a white male has a RIGHT to broadcast baseball games?

Look, Im pretty sure John Smoltz isnt worrying about getting replaced by a woman for his normal gigs....because hes good at his job. I mean this isnt even a mainstream telelvision broadcast, so of you want to keep to your ballywick, just watch a different channel and be comfortable with your all Y chromosome broadcast team. Others can check in and see if these ladies got it to go.

Everyone wins.

For The First Time, An All-Female Crew Will Broadcast A Major League Baseball Game

I have lived this since the 1970's, this is why we have Donald Trump. The white man comes last. Always.

Life is sometimes very difficult. Hats may be required.

It doesn't.
In fact, I was the guy that started all this. It has now gotten out of control, enabled it.
There are 6 men who can not hope to cover this game no matter how hard they have worked or how qualified they are simply because they don't have tits and a ****.

How is this OK? This is what got us Trump. How is that working out?

Well, Trump is gone, so it's working out fine.

And then theres that.

Maybe if those men were better at thier jobs, they wouldnt need uppity stunts like this to make headlines. 🤔

What are you getting on about?

Did you really imply that a white male has a RIGHT to broadcast baseball games?

Look, Im pretty sure John Smoltz isnt worrying about getting replaced by a woman for his normal gigs....because hes good at his job. I mean this isnt even a mainstream telelvision broadcast, so of you want to keep to your ballywick, just watch a different channel and be comfortable with your all Y chromosome broadcast team. Others can check in and see if these ladies got it to go.

Everyone wins.
Well yes, just as much of a right as anyone else.

If you stipulate that no men will work on this set, that is discrimination.

I agree that they all should be given the same opportunities afforded anyone else. If the women, or woman hit it out of the park in their broadcast, then they will have done some good (by finding a good broadcaster, not simply by placing a woman in the broadcast booth)

Well yes, just as much of a right as anyone else.

If you stipulate that no men will work on this set, that is discrimination.

I agree that they all should be given the same opportunities afforded anyone else. If the women, or woman hit it out of the park in their broadcast, then they will have done some good (by finding a good broadcaster, not simply by placing a woman in the broadcast booth)
I wanna be CEO of Amazon then, since everyone has a right to whatever job they want, apparently.

These 4 women have put in the time and work to earn this opportunity, and its pretty messed up that they have to knock it out of the park in order to call this a success when there are men doing the same job, poorly I might add, that keep getting the call to broadcast games.

I can't say I am bothered in the slightest about this decision but the OP does make an interesting pointing about the ethics of excluding a gender.
What's the problem? The most qualified people were chosen They just happen to be female; just like they used to be all male.

8ytbprI.gif

LMAO wow thats some impressive dishonest factually wrong tin foil hat nuttery right there, this will be fun!
😂 🍿

I wanna be CEO of Amazon then, since everyone has a right to whatever job they want, apparently.

These 4 women have put in the time and work to earn this opportunity, and its pretty messed up that they have to knock it out of the park in order to call this a success when there are men doing the same job, poorly I might add, that keep getting the call to broadcast games.
You have every opportunity to be CEO of Amazon. As much of an opportunity as anyone not named Jeff Bezos.

I didn't say they needed to perform any better than their peers for it to be deemed a success. But if they do happen to knock it out of the park, that is great for them, and the game. If other people are poor at their jobs, I agree, they should be replaced. If these women are next up, then awesome. If it is a publicity stunt that is taking opportunities away from the 'next up' people (men or women) , then that is bad.

Back
Top Bottom