• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Academia Test.

brainflame

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the test. Who here would like to know the real truth about anything. Because of you consider yourself to be an academic, but aren't interested in knowing the real truth, you are fooling yourself. Because without wanting to know the real truth, you aren't an academic. You're a moron.

Here is the test. Who here would like to know the real truth about anything. Because of you consider yourself to be an academic, but aren't interested in knowing the real truth, you are fooling yourself. Because without wanting to know the real truth, you aren't an academic. You're a moron.
It’s been my observation that the phrase “the real truth” is only used by conspiracy theorists or those proposing some pseudoscience.

And I’ve also found that anyone one who feels the need to state that what they’re going to say is the truth (except in direct response to someone else’s claim) is probably not going to be telling the truth. This is along the vein of people who say “trust me” are not to be trusted and “I’m not racist/sexist/homophobic/anti-Semitic” means the person is about to say something that is.

I am shocked.

Everyone has their own ideas of "truth" just like everyone has their own interpretation of "facts".

I don't want to know the truth, that sounds definite. I just want it to be interesting enough to want to know more.

What made you think of that? Be more specific.

What do you know about academics? How do you define them?

What do you know about academics? How do you define them?
How do academics not notice and ask about the depreciation of durable consumer goods half-a-century after the Moon landing?

So we have global warming and lots of pollution without massive discussion of planned obsolescence.

Academics keep themselves employed with pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

How do academics not notice and ask about the depreciation of durable consumer goods half-a-century after the Moon landing?

So we have global warming and lots of pollution without massive discussion of planned obsolescence.

Academics keep themselves employed with pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

So the answer to my question is "Not much."

Back
Top Bottom