• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Absolutely Fascinating Article About Nixon, Clinton and Obama

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Scandal Society

From Nixon and Clinton to Obama
By NOEMIE EMERY

In The Presidents’ Club, Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy tell us of the bonds that unite former presidents, but within this club is a still smaller subset, the Scandal Society, those shadowed by crimes and abuses of power, who were caught up in snares of their own making and traps that they set for themselves. How do their troubles compare with each other’s, and with those that the current incumbent is facing? Let us look at them and see.:peace

Interesting article.

Now, imagine that the GOP had not chosen the path of total negativity during term 1, hadn't savaged each other during the primaries and had selected someone more plausible than Romney, with his tax cut crown jewel, we might well not have gotten stuck with the 2nd term of Obama.

3 more years. Sigh.

The Scandal Society

From Nixon and Clinton to Obama
By NOEMIE EMERY

In The Presidents’ Club, Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy tell us of the bonds that unite former presidents, but within this club is a still smaller subset, the Scandal Society, those shadowed by crimes and abuses of power, who were caught up in snares of their own making and traps that they set for themselves. How do their troubles compare with each other’s, and with those that the current incumbent is facing? Let us look at them and see.:peace

Well, since the hors d'oeuvres you served were so tasty, I decided to buy the dinner. When I went to Amazon.com, however, I wasn't sure where to look on the menu. What title am I looking for? The Scandal Society is not there. Is it part of The President's Club? :?: (I usually don't have problems spending money!) :lamo:

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

Well, since the hors d'oeuvres you served were so tasty, I decided to buy the dinner. When I went to Amazon.com, however, I wasn't sure where to look on the menu. What title am I looking for? The Scandal Society is not there. Is it part of The President's Club? :?: (I usually don't have problems spending money!) :lamo:

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

The book is The Presidents Club but I suspect the Scandal Society may be Emery's own invention, and not really part of the book. Then again, who knows?

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

The book is The Presidents Club but I suspect the Scandal Society may be Emery's own invention, and not really part of the book. Then again, who knows?

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

I'll know, because I'm going to buy the book... I enjoy reading books like that! I'll keep you advised... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom