• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amy McGrath pitches 'public service' in bid to unseat Mitch McConnell

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Amy McGrath pitches 'public service' in bid to unseat Mitch McConnell

hqdefault.jpg

7/24/20
Amy McGrath, a former Marine fighter pilot who is attempting a second bid for political office, is elevating her experience in the military as she prepares for the uphill fight to oust Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. "I'm a patriot who loves my country and my whole life has been about public service," she said on ABC's "The View" on Friday. "I think now more than ever, we need people to go into public service who are doing it for the right reasons, who are not just going to be just representing special interests, the wealthiest 1% and going in it for their own political power, and that is Mitch McConnell." In the general election, McGrath is targeting McConnell for creating a "dysfunctional" Washington, suggesting that he represents "everything that is wrong with Washington." "So many people are tired," she said. "They're tired of a dysfunctional system that is not working. So many people in Kentucky are hurting and they want change ... the system is not working and he literally is the swamp – he built it." Late last month, McGrath narrowly toppled a progressive candidate, state Rep. Charles Booker, to capture the Democratic nomination in a campaign that became competitive in the midst of outcry over the deaths of African American people at the hands of law enforcement, including two in the state of Kentucky since mid-March.

As she is now in the midst of an even tougher battle against McConnell, in a state President Donald Trump won by nearly 30 points four years ago, she argues that Kentucky is ready for change after McConnell's 35 years in the Senate, adding that "nobody should be in office that long." "He's always been able to use very partisan attacks, he's always been able to raise a ton of money, and he has no problems going very, very low in his campaigns," she said. McGrath also slammed McConnell for putting his party over country. "It is all about his party. It is all about his power. The principles are are gone, he'll change the principles when it when it suits him," she told the co-hosts. "That's not what I'm about, and I think people need that right now. We need that leadership in this country." "Mitch McConnell gets about 95% of his money from outside Kentucky, too, and it's over 90%," she said.

Aren't you Kentuckians tired of electing "Moscow" Mitch? McConnell is the very essence of the D.C. swamp.

Replace that bum with Ms. McGrath, a retired USMC fighter pilot. You don't get to fly the F/A-18 Hornet without having strong Corps values.

Pelosi's House passed the Heroes Act more than two months ago. Mitch, meanwhile, has done nothing all summer to address the economic crisis and now says he'll get to it "in a few weeks." The Senate under Moscow Mitch isn't just a complete disaster, it's suffocating the economy.

Pelosi's House passed the Heroes Act more than two months ago. Mitch, meanwhile, has done nothing all summer to address the economic crisis and now says he'll get to it "in a few weeks." The Senate under Moscow Mitch isn't just a complete disaster, it's suffocating the economy.

The mortgage foreclosure/rent eviction moratoriums end on 7/31? But Mitch will get to it "maybe in a few weeks".

McConnell really needs to go. He is now the 17th richest Senator @ $22.5 million.

EMVgKB7XsAA2aF8.jpg

The mortgage foreclosure/rent eviction moratoriums end on 7/31? But Mitch will get to it "maybe in a few weeks".

McConnell really needs to go. He is now the 17th richest Senator @ $22.5 million.

EMVgKB7XsAA2aF8.jpg

You'd think those would be revealing stats to intelligent people, wouldnt you?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom