• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amy Cooper sues ex-employer for racial discrimination after viral Central Park incident

You are so silly joko.
I was a reserve police officer.. so yes I have a little expertise on what " terrified women" do.
They do not move toward what terrifies them. She had to be told to stop twice.
But as a reserve police officer...I have also had to arrest rapists..perpetrators of sexual assaults and deal with sexual predators. You know what they don't do? Move away and TELL THEIR POTENTIAL VICTIMS TO STOP COMING CLOSER.
I know you don't reali this joko. But rape and sexual assault generally requires CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE VICTIM!
Even for black men ...
Stop being silly joko.

And if you were talking to children about how to deal with big stray dogs barking and growling at them is to run - because every kid bitten by dogs ran and conclude therefore that is what children should do - what gets them bitten. You seem to have the same view that women facing potential assault is to act the way rape victims act.

What she did was exactly correct. She redefined who she was to him from what he wanted her to be: his prey to being a counter predator. He completely shifted from being on offense to being on defense when she refused to act like prey. He said he routinely terrifies people convincing them he is going to poison their dog if they don't submit to his threat-authority. Apparently previously others did act like his prey and victim.

It is notable that he did not run video to prove the violation nor to prove his threats. He did not record himself as the aggressor nor her the wrong-doer. He only started recording when he shifted from being the aggressor to going on the defense. The correctness of her actions is found in how he shifted from being on the offense to being on the defense.

I am posting from personal observation and also later from training women in self defense. A woman should not allow the situation to escalate step by step. Rather, she is to jump past the evolving aggressor-situation to go ape-sh!t crazy furiously and aggressively, redefining the situation and what she is to the aggressive man.

You posted how women who were assaulted acted. I am posting about the difference in behavior between women who are and women who are not.

And if you were talking to children about how to deal with big stray dogs barking and growling at them is to run - because every kid bitten by dogs ran and conclude therefore that is what children should do - what gets them bitten. You seem to have the same view that women facing potential assault is to act the way rape victims act.

What she did was exactly correct. She redefined who she was to him from what he wanted her to be: his prey to being a counter predator. He completely shifted from being on offense to being on defense when she refused to act like prey. He said he routinely terrifies people convincing them he is going to poison their dog if they don't submit to his threat-authority. Apparently previously others did act like his prey and victim.

It is notable that he did not run video to prove the violation nor to prove his threats. He did not record himself as the aggressor nor her the wrong-doer. He only started recording when he shifted from being the aggressor to going on the defense. The correctness of her actions is found in how he shifted from being on the offense to being on the defense.

I am posting from personal observation and also later from training women in self defense. A woman should not allow the situation to escalate step by step. Rather, she is to jump past the evolving aggressor-situation to go ape-sh!t crazy furiously and aggressively, redefining the situation and what she is to the aggressive man.

You posted how women who were assaulted acted. I am posting about the difference in behavior between women who are and women who are not.
Joko..you need to stop. You are being absurd. The last thing you want women doing is moving toward or be aggressive toward a predator. Cripes..it plays into the predators hands particularly since a woman is not going to come out on top in a unarmed confrontation with an male .
In fact..ironically a number of men I had to arrest is because of an aggressive female who got into the man's face..and he wasn't taking it and so he cracked her one. And that was his excuse when we arrive and the women have a broken nose..or jaw or supra orbital fractures.
The difference in my experience between a women assaulted and one who isnt..
Is situational awareness and avoiding these situations.

We each have our opinions based upon our own experiences, apparently. Posting the same opposed views back and forth accomplishes nothing. If the police had done nothing - all for political reasons - literally the final story would be no harm, no foul, everyone just went on with their lives. Maybe she'd keep her dog on a leash in the future. Maybe he would give up his routine of frightening people when alone with them over the safety of their dog.

I certainly can criticize her behavior. What is notable is that because it is now a race-baiting loyal political matter, you can't criticize his conduct. She should have been loudly shouting for help. She should not have held the dog up by its collar. Anything from you but admiration of his conduct?

She also should have called the police and told them there was no longer any reason for them to come.

No money for Amy...

The white New York woman who called police after a Black bird-watcher in Central Park asked her to put her dog on a leash in accordance with park rules has lost her discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.

Amy Cooper became known as the “Central Park Karen” after calling police during a verbal confrontation with Christian Cooper. Christian Cooper had reminded the woman that her dog needed to be leashed in the area of the park where he encountered her. As the exchange grew heated, and Amy Cooper called 911, Christian Cooper began recording.

“I’m in the Ramble, there is a man, African-American, he has a bicycle helmet and he is recording me and threatening me and my dog,” Amy Cooper is heard saying on the call.

“I am being threatened by a man in the Ramble, please send the cops immediately,” she later added.

Christian Cooper’s sister shared the video on social media. It quickly went viral.

Amy Cooper’s employer, Franklin Templeton, fired her the next day.

No money for Amy...

The white New York woman who called police after a Black bird-watcher in Central Park asked her to put her dog on a leash in accordance with park rules has lost her discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.

Amy Cooper became known as the “Central Park Karen” after calling police during a verbal confrontation with Christian Cooper. Christian Cooper had reminded the woman that her dog needed to be leashed in the area of the park where he encountered her. As the exchange grew heated, and Amy Cooper called 911, Christian Cooper began recording.

“I’m in the Ramble, there is a man, African-American, he has a bicycle helmet and he is recording me and threatening me and my dog,” Amy Cooper is heard saying on the call.

“I am being threatened by a man in the Ramble, please send the cops immediately,” she later added.

Christian Cooper’s sister shared the video on social media. It quickly went viral.

Oh well.

No money for Amy...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

Meh. Keep your damn dogs on a leash and your life will be better.

I think her tongue was what needed to be on a leash?
She fed a troll. If her dog had been leashed, the troll that was trying to troll dog owners wouldn't have had his fantasies fulfilled. Idiot tax paid.

no, they don’t. And certainly not if they were company VP. no, she was harassed and threatened by a creepy guy who wouldn’t leave her alone. All of which is shown on camera.
wow! emn is defending a racist! deplorable

Her being white was an explicit part of why she was fired, so under any literal reading of the law, this is an open and shut case.

Of course, "civil rights" laws are not and never were meant to be read literally. They've always been a cudgel to be used against white people. So my prediction is that she will lose.
white people = the TRUE victims!

Too bad...so sad...
Good point. She was a jerk, her case stunk, and the guy she called the cops on has probably experienced stuff like this before. But the company -setting aside her length of service or quality of performance - instead of counseling her, asking her to take some course on the issue, were also jerks for firing her. I remember when Al Campanis of the Dodgers, commenting on Nightline in memory of Jackie Robinson and his legacy, made a fool of himself by saying blacks perhaps did it have "the necessities" to be managers. The activist the team hired to deal with the problem included Al in his work.

Good point. She was a jerk, her case stunk, and the guy she called the cops on has probably experienced stuff like this before. But the company -setting aside her length of service or quality of performance - instead of counseling her, asking her to take some course on the issue, were also jerks for firing her. I remember when Al Campanis of the Dodgers, commenting on Nightline in memory of Jackie Robinson and his legacy, made a fool of himself by saying blacks perhaps did it have "the necessities" to be managers. The activist the team hired to deal with the problem included Al in his work.
A person is not the worst thing they've ever done. But the internet is today's torch carrying mob.

white people = the TRUE victims!
Obviously. Who wouldn’t prefer to be Rodney King or George Floyd rather than some average white guy.

Obviously. Who wouldn’t prefer to be Rodney King or George Floyd rather than some average white guy
So you think the average black guy deals in fentanyl or flees police at 120 mph through residential zones? There’s a word for this kind of belief system

She was not a jerk. She did nothing wrong by calling the police on a creepy guy threatening to kill her dog.

What happened to her was pure anti-white racism. She was fired for the sole reason that she was white. If she were a “woman of color” this would never have even been a story

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.
She made the mistake of assuming the law is equal. Civil rights law is made to target whites, it’s very rare a white person can use it successfully.

She made the mistake of assuming the law is equal. Civil rights law is made to target whites, it’s very rare a white person can use it successfully.
Bullshit. Bring back segregation if you think that’s true. Civil rights laws protect everyone. If you can’t stomach talking to blacks about their experiences, ask a woman or a Jew about what they may have dealt with or if they wants them repealed.

Back
Top Bottom