• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

amusing screencap from foxnews, nope no bias here..

marduc

don't panic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
foxscreencap.png

I am in no way a fan of either Beck, nor Sharpton, but c'mon this deception in headlines is pathetic.

Beck's event is labeled as a "rally", then a sub headline under this mentioning Sharpton and co's. event in honor of MLK's speech is presented as a "protest", and if that was not enough it is positioned and grouped under Becks rally to convey a connection implicating the "protest" as a protest of Beck's rally?

Last edited:
Where is that fail pail when you need it?

Fox probably should have called Sharptons a March.
However Fox was more than fair to Sharpton tonight on Geraldo. Gave him plenty more time to speak than he did Alveda King.
it was kind of sad actually. Poor Sharpton. During his rally at least half his speakers including a congresswoman, bad mouthed Glenn Becks rally. Sharpton was pretty brutal on him.
Then it turned out Glenn's rally was not political and a lot about unity, faith, hope, and charity.
Sharpton just kept saying, Well he said he was going to take back the Civil Rights, Glenn Beck's rally wasn't about that, his rally wasn't about the Civil rights, he changed it,... on and on
I really don't know how Sharpton got that idea. Maybe he should have done a little research first, before he started running his mouth.

I like these three statements from Rockwell and Co on the whole matter

Lew Rockwell said:
I can’t really root for former(?) FBI-informer Al Sharpton, but anyone competing with the Glenn Beck pro-war rally Saturday at the Abe temple in DC can’t be 100% bad. But Glenn: M.L. King—whom you will herald—was an opponent of war and the US empire. How about quoting some of this at your anti-Muslim bloodfest?

Chickenhawk Rally « LewRockwell.com Blog

Thomas DiLorenzo said:
Maybe I’m just too cynical, but I began questioning Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” mob, to be held in D.C. this weekend, when he announced that it would be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Then I thought, “Why didn’t Glenn or anyone else at the Fox News Channel complain about “dishonor” when the Bush administration lied America into war in Iraq, murdered thousands of civilians (“collateral damage”), operated torture chambers, and did all it could to eviscerate civil liberties? Was the Bush administration overflowing with honor?

On Glenn’s Web site he lists only four speakers for the event: Himself, neocon heartthrob Sarah Palin, Alveda King of the Koch Foundation-funded Alexis de Tocqueville Institute (and M.L. King, Jr.’s niece), and former Navy SEAL Marcus Lutrell. According to her Wikipedia entry, Ms. King became quite notorious after she publicly stated that gay marriage was equivalent to genocide. I wonder if Sarah Palin is aware of this?

The event is a fundraiser for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. It sounds to me like restoring neocons to power is the real purpose of Glenn’s rally. That of course would not translate into a freer society but more war (with Iran, certainly), bigger government, more debt, more taxes — you know, the Bush administration all over again.

Restoring Neocons? « LewRockwell.com Blog

J.H. Huebert said:
At the beginning of his show this morning, Glenn Beck started ripping into the imam that all the talk-radio hosts love to hate, because the imam has (correctly) pointed out that the U.S. has killed many more innocent non-Muslims than al-Qaeda has.

Beck went on to defend the U.S. embargo against Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people during the 1990s, argued that we should have fought the Iraq war “full on” from the beginning (meaning we shouldn’t have been so squeamish — as if “we” were — about killing innocent people), and claimed that the current U.S. government is the only one in the history of the world that has ever fought wars in a manner that avoided killing civilians.

Last year, Beck promoted a rally in Washington to protest the federal government’s taxing and spending. This year, he’s holding a rally to glorify the U.S. military. Can there be any doubt that by the time the Republicans regain control in Washington, Beck and his many followers will be right back where all the conservatives were during the George W. Bush years? Only it will be much worse, because they’ll have much bigger, more powerful government at their disposal, which they will not reduce one bit. And one shudders to think of what the apparent growing extreme, irrational hatred of Muslims may lead to.

Unless, that is, Ron Paul and other true libertarians can steer the Tea Party movement onto the right track before it’s too late.

As a good first step, it’s time for everyone — including some people who should know better — to stop suggesting that Glenn Beck is any sort of libertarian.

Glenn Beck Is a Statist, Not a Libertarian « LewRockwell.com Blog

foxscreencap.png

I am in no way a fan of either Beck, nor Sharpton, but c'mon this deception in headlines is pathetic.

Beck's event is labeled as a "rally", then a sub headline under this mentioning Sharpton and co's. event in honor of MLK's speech is presented as a "protest", and if that was not enough it is positioned and grouped under Becks rally to convey a connection implicating the "protest" as a protest of Beck's rally?

It was made clear by Sharpton himself that he started his Rally in direst response to the Restore Honor Rally.

The Same is true of the Vival March coming from the idiot Liberals in October.

Liberals think if they lie enough eventualy it will become the truth. The sad thing is they can't deal with the truth or facts. That is why the lie, call names ,obfuscate at every turn.

On Mondays TV show Glenn Beck took many of his detractors to task and shoed them for what they are the true trouble making haters that spread a message of the same.

foxscreencap.png

It was made clear by Sharpton himself that he started his Rally in direct response to the Restore Honor Rally.

The Same is true of the Rival March coming from the idiot Liberals in October.

Liberals think if they lie enough eventually it will become the truth. The sad thing is they can't deal with the truth or facts. That is why the lie, call names, obfuscate at every turn.

On Mondays TV show Glenn Beck took many of his detractors to task and showed them for what they are the true trouble making haters that spread a message of the same.

It was made clear by Sharpton himself that he started his Rally in direct response to the Restore Honor Rally.

The Same is true of the Rival March coming from the idiot Liberals in October.

Liberals think if they lie enough eventually it will become the truth. The sad thing is they can't deal with the truth or facts. That is why the lie, call names, obfuscate at every turn.

On Mondays TV show Glenn Beck took many of his detractors to task and showed them for what they are the true trouble making haters that spread a message of the same.

I'm sure the Oct. Rally will be quite large with all the liberal organizations involved. And of course Big Ed will draw in 300,000 all by himself. Have they chosen a charity yet?

I'm sure the Oct. Rally will be quite large with all the liberal organizations involved. And of course Big Ed will draw in 300,000 all by himself. Have they chosen a charity yet?

Hang on a second. The right gets mad at liberals who over generalize about someone, or who make judgements about a rally before that rally has even taken place, yet you're doing the exact same thing?

Pot meet kettle?

Back
Top Bottom