• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amount of people hesitant to get Covid-19 vaccine dropping rapidly

Bingo!

Your statement describes me, exactly.

I'm not a hard-core anti-vaxxer. But, I'm highly resistant to getting vaccinations. In fact, I never get them. I don't feel I'm in enough risk to put a vaccine in my body, even if the reactions are relatively 'low'. I just don't see it for me. I don't feel the need.

But now, I do believe I want a Covid shot. I just was not going to be an early guinea-pig. However, I'm warming-up more & more, and think I'm just about 'there'.

I'm not resistant to vaccines - in Oct I had flu, pneumonia, shingles & the second shingles in Dec. But this one was developed pretty quickly, and that's what made me a little wary. I've had
the first Covid, so no going back now.

Hmm. I find the bolded a bit troubling.

Anyway, glad to see you got dosed - Vesper! (y)
I thought it was rather troubling too Chomsky. To prepare for Monday, I made out a long grocery list and hubby did the shopping so we are well stocked including stuff that is easy to prepare incase we do get sick. Tomorrow I will prepare a pot of soup, Hawaiian chicken salad, and prep everything for a Mediterranean salad. Between the three, throw in crackers and with each dish you have all the food groups. If I have time, I have a pint of fresh blueberries and have been really craving blueberry muffins. Our second shot is scheduled the first week in April. I told my family I want a family gathering on Mother's Day on May 9th.

I thought it was rather troubling too Chomsky. To prepare for Monday, I made out a long grocery list and hubby did the shopping so we are well stocked including stuff that is easy to prepare incase we do get sick. Tomorrow I will prepare a pot of soup, Hawaiian chicken salad, and prep everything for a Mediterranean salad. Between the three, throw in crackers and with each dish you have all the food groups. If I have time, I have a pint of fresh blueberries and have been really craving blueberry muffins. Our second shot is scheduled the first week in April. I told my family I want a family gathering on Mother's Day on May 9th.

You'll be fine. The worst I've personally seen has been a claim of slight lethargy - lasting one day. A small price to pay, if even that! It'll be worth it for Mom's day! (y)

I'm not resistant to vaccines - in Oct I had flu, pneumonia, shingles & the second shingles in Dec. But this one was developed pretty quickly, and that's what made me a little wary. I've had
the first Covid,
so no going back now.
Lucky you! You're already substantially protected!

I did that for the first - food for my husband and daughter that they could fix themselves. Just a sore arm and some lethargy from the first. But I heard the 2nd is usually worse, so I'll do the same with the food. I don't want to feel like I have to do anything if I don't feel like it.

Lucky you! You're already substantially protected!

It really is a good feeling. I get the second on the 23rd (Moderna), and a couple weeks after that I should be well protected. Don't hesitate, when you can get it. Its a huge relief.

I did that for the first - food for my husband and daughter that they could fix themselves. Just a sore arm and some lethargy from the first. But I heard the 2nd is usually worse, so I'll do the same with the food. I don't want to feel like I have to do anything if I don't feel like it.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

That’s interesting. I’ve never heard that distinnct. As I mentioned in my military days the only thing expected of us was a cheery “aye, aye, sir”.

When Karen was in the Navy, it was "take the shot or get a big chicken dinner".

i suspected the bolded, but didn't know. Thanks! That's very good news!

The Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine was declared as having sterilizing immunity by NHS UK.
It is ALL ABOUT viral loads...if you're an asymptomatic unvaccinated person who catches COVID, it's about your viral load.
If you're a vaccinated person who catches COVID, it's STILL all about your viral load, and the idea is, since you ARE vaccinated, your COVID is largely asymptomatic, and that is BECAUSE your body will not permit a larger viral load, due to the vaccine doing its job and giving you advanced defenses.

But that is not the same thing as the FDA doing an official rubber stamp and officially pronouncing that Pfizer and Moderna are regarded as possessing sterilizing immunity. In order to make such a statement, it must be proven, the data must be provable and indisputable.
If FDA et al were to make such a statement and then vaccinated persons were shown to be accidentally infecting a group of people, even a small group, it would destroy public trust in the vaccines.
So they're not about to make that statement casually.
But a growing number of scientists are acknowledging evidence of very low viral loads in post-vax persons who catch COVID, thus community transmission is low, at least from vaccinated persons anyway.

This is what takes one or two more years...studying post-vax infected community transmission is long and tedious work.
We would be nowhere near having vaccines going into people's arms right now if we had to wait for SI proof.
We just needed to know it was safe to use.

When Karen was in the Navy, it was "take the shot or get a big chicken dinner".
Scare story: I went to boot camp in San Diego which was also home of the Hospital Corpsman (core-man for your Obama types). Most of our medical services - blood draws, inoculations, etc. was performed by the students; we were a captive audience. The guy in front of me was over six feet tall and close to two hundred pounds and deathly afraid of needles; I was 5’7’ and 150 soaking wet. I can’t even count the number of times I had to catch him as he fainted at the sight of the corpsman holding a syringe and smiling.

Exactly! Plus, easy dinner days, lol.
I miss going out to eat. But preparing ahead of time is a winner because if you do get sick, there's stuff on hand with very little effort to get it on your plate. And if there are no side effects you have a three day sabbatical from cooking.

The Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine was declared as having sterilizing immunity by NHS UK.
It is ALL ABOUT viral loads...if you're an asymptomatic unvaccinated person who catches COVID, it's about your viral load.
If you're a vaccinated person who catches COVID, it's STILL all about your viral load, and the idea is, since you ARE vaccinated, your COVID is largely asymptomatic, and that is BECAUSE your body will not permit a larger viral load, due to the vaccine doing its job and giving you advanced defenses.

But that is not the same thing as the FDA doing an official rubber stamp and officially pronouncing that Pfizer and Moderna are regarded as possessing sterilizing immunity. In order to make such a statement, it must be proven, the data must be provable and indisputable.
If FDA et al were to make such a statement and then vaccinated persons were shown to be accidentally infecting a group of people, even a small group, it would destroy public trust in the vaccines.
So they're not about to make that statement casually.
But a growing number of scientists are acknowledging evidence of very low viral loads in post-vax persons who catch COVID, thus community transmission is low, at least from vaccinated persons anyway.

This is what takes one or two more years...studying post-vax infected community transmission is long and tedious work.
We would be nowhere near having vaccines going into people's arms right now if we had to wait for SI proof.
We just needed to know it was safe to use.

Thank you ....... I have been curious about sterilizing immunity for about two weeks plus looking for an explanation etc etc etc.

the first Covid, so no going back now.

The name "Operation Warp Speed" created the image that this vaccine was rushed to market.

I don't intend to do it because I don't think I need to.

The last time I had a Flu shot was the last year of military service over 30 years ago. They were mandatory annually.

I have never caught a cold or the flu since the age of 9. I never got sick by either while I was in the Service. I have not caught either since leaving the service.

There have been some people at work who've caught Covid-19. I have been tested every time and came out negative.

I don't see the need to allow the government to inject me with anything. So as long as I have a "choice," I will exercise my preference and not do so.

Last edited:
It really is a good feeling. I get the second on the 23rd (Moderna), and a couple weeks after that I should be well protected. Don't hesitate, when you can get it. Its a huge relief.
The bolded is kinda' the way I'm thinking.

I don't really excessively fear that I'll get the virus. I feel I take reasonable precautions that will protect me, meaning that my chances of getting it are likely weighted towards my not getting it. But, I'm getting tired of all the extra stress & hassle. Otherwise simple things in life, are now time-consuming & often stressful hassles. I'd like to back-off on that, a bit.

I'm not talking about throwing caution to the wind, but rather would just like to go through life with a bit more ease. It's been a long year!

QUOTE :The past two weeks alone, there were two polls that show just how much vaccine hesitancy has declined. The Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 55% of adults say they now want a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible or have already received their first dose. That's up from 47% in January and 34% in December.
Axios/Ipsos polling shows a similar trendline. A mere 13% of adults said in September they would get a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as it was made available to them. That jumped to 27% in early December to 43% in early January. Now, 57% say they have already received the vaccine or will get it as soon as possible.QUOTE

ROFL .
Do you recall the NYT printing the 92-8 forecast for Clinton versus Trump in '16 ?

If you believe your quoted poll results, I believe you are a Compliance Gullible . And based on my independent and honest research , my view is supported by over 100% of people and 342% of those aged over 80 .
In fairness , Ronny Briggs of Sacramento could not register his vote as he contracted Bell's Palsy four hours after his first Covid Vaccine injection .But what that got to do with the price of spinach ?

SCOTUS, many decades ago, has ruled that forced inoculations are indeed Constitutional, to the point of placing a refusenik in incarceration.

I doubt it would get to that here, with Covid. But I can see vaccinations required for various specific segments of society. Where it will get interesting, will be if employers will require it? I already see schools eventually requiring it, as inevitable.
I think that this will remove many minorities from employment and educational opportunities. Minority populations are disproportionately unlikely to get vaccinated, and removing them from these important parts of society will have a massively negative impact upon their socioeconomic conditions. I can see that many people would think this is a good idea, but it still makes me sad.

The name "Operation Warp Speed" created the image that this vaccine was rushed to market.
I mean that, and Trump threatening FDA officials if they didn't approve it...

The bolded is kinda' the way I'm thinking.

I don't really excessively fear that I'll get the virus. I feel I take reasonable precautions that will protect me, meaning that my chances of getting it are likely weighted towards my not getting it. But, I'm getting tired of all the extra stress & hassle. Otherwise simple things in life, are now time-consuming & often stressful hassles. I'd like to back-off on that, a bit.

I'm not talking about throwing caution to the wind, but rather would just like to go through life with a bit more ease. It's been a long year!

Its only been a year? Seems like more. I still am taking normal precautions and will continue to do so, but I'm much more relaxed about the possibility of getting it. And not dying if
I did get it. So yes, the stress is gone.

Its only been a year? Seems like more. I still am taking normal precautions and will continue to do so, but I'm much more relaxed about the possibility of getting it. And not dying if
I did get it. So yes, the stress is gone.

Don't run too far ahead! I'm trying to join you! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom