• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Among the most powerful and lovely Spiritual Songs

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I fell in love with this song from the very first time I heard it. It has the power to bring me to tears. It speaks to my heart of GOD's never ending love for all those HE saves. After everything HE did upon that horrible cross, yet too HE reaches out and holds on: The story behind the song:

Last edited:
I fell in love with this song from the very first time I heard it. It has the power to bring me to tears. It speaks to my heart of GOD's never ending love for all those HE saves. After everything HE did upon that horrible cross, yet too HE reaches out and holds on: The story behind the song:

Good for you. Now will you judge those for whom something or someone else speaks to them?

Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home
Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry he home x 2
I looked over Jordan and what did I see
Coming for to carry he home
A band of angels coming after me
Swing low, sweet chariot
Swing low, sweet chariot
If you get there before I do
Tell all my friends I'm coming too
Swing low, sweet chariot
Swing low, sweet chariot

I like this.

This one is huge for me. Everyone who follows God struggles with their faith sometimes (if they are honest with themselves). Often times the best growth comes after that struggle and the inevitable lesson.

This young lady does a much better job -

I find the best spiritual songs are very often taken word for word from the Holy Scripture. This is so regarding the song, IF MY PEOPLE WILL PRAY:

If there is a highway to hell but only a stairway to heaven tells you something about the expected crowds? If god is omniscient then why is he a sadist?

Back
Top Bottom