• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amnesty Bill will pass because Politicians no longer held to account

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Seriously .....democrat or republican ....who are the Americans out there wanting to instantaneously inject some 30 million people in the country?
How did this happen ....what could possibly be good about this plan?

How could illegal people ....over-ride the will of legal Americans ...in America?

This is what happens when politicians today have no shame ...they make no excuse to cast votes only for their self interest.
I mean that practice today seems perfectly acceptable.....the electorate have somehow been conned into finding this practice OK!!
This is what the people want, and it also makes sense ....but it doesn't suit MMMEEE ....sorry! :(

I am 100% sure that granting amnesty today is just ...moving the line along. In 5 to 10 years the next wave of 30 million or so illegals will be here again wanting the same. Dems and Republicans cannot work together because none of the last several presidents did anything about the border, deportation or any of the existing laws to curve the constant stream of illegals.

Health care ....is expensive ...primarily because of these illegals ...yet nobody talks about this.

Why does the government not just knowingly collect taxes from some of these illegals ....but knowingly enlist them in the army? Why are we enlisting illegals ...what is wrong with American citizen? Can I somehow get into China or Russia illegally and tell them I want to enlist in their army?

Just sad to watch this farce .....and I live in non-border red state and the republicans politicians are in bed with the illegals ....such a shame!!!

Last edited:
As long as that "free money" keeps flowing in, the cockroaches of society will continue to vote these morons in. Why should they think they'll be accountable when votes are so easily bought?

30 million? The consensus is more like 8-10 million...in either case, what's your suggestion: Gestapo like storm troopers hunting down "illegals" for mass deportations??

30 million? The consensus is more like 8-10 million...in either case, what's your suggestion: Gestapo like storm troopers hunting down "illegals" for mass deportations??

Think like an adult. There are options between the two extremes. Also it is somewhat disgusting to hear folks toss around analogies like Gestapo storm troopers. Do you believe our law officers would treat people the way Nazis did 70 years ago, pathetic.

30 million? The consensus is more like 8-10 million...in either case,

When the Reagan amnesty was passed they claimed only 1.3 million illegals would get amnesty,nearly 3 million illegals got amnesty. So logic would dictate that these pro-illegal immigration are purposely under reporting how many people are here illegally and therefore that number is at least twice as many as the government is claiming.

Amnesty won't work: Secure our borders | The American Legion
When President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., said, "This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forth an amnesty bill like this."

This site is claiming around 25 million.I know that since this is a anti-illegal immigration site you will dismiss the numbers.
Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources

what's your suggestion:

But these ideas would be much cheaper than mass round up.

1.Crack down on the scum who hire illegals.Treat them no different than we do drug dealers and other criminals who profit from and or use their money for illegal activities.

2. In order to get any ID or driver's license you present a birth certificate, green card, or certificate of naturalization and social security card.After that require a state issued ID or driver's license in order to the following-

-enroll yourself into school
-enroll your minor kids into school
-apply for welfare,food stamps,section 8 housing and any other tax payer assistance for yourself and or your children
-get a business license,fishing/hunting permit,building permit, license to practice law, food handlers permit, gun license(in states that require a permit to buy a gun),concealed carry permit(in states that require a license to conceal carry) or any other tax payer funded service
-open a bank account, cash a check, use a credit/debit/pre-paid card, apply for a loan,or wire money.
-rent,borrow,lease or buy property
-rent,borrow,lease or buy a motor vehicle.
-get legal documents for yourself or your children.
-get utilities

3.Mandate E-verify for every employer.

4.Repeal part of the immigration and nationality act of 1965 that allows for the chain migration of relatives other than spouse or minor children.This would virtually eliminate anchor babies.

These solutions would make it extremely hard for illegals to get a job and for illegals to profit from their illegal residence in the US.

Gestapo like storm troopers hunting down "illegals" for mass deportations??

It worked with Operation Wetback(1954) and before that Mexican Repatriation(1929-1939).

Think like an adult. There are options between the two extremes. Also it is somewhat disgusting to hear folks toss around analogies like Gestapo storm troopers. Do you believe our law officers would treat people the way Nazis did 70 years ago, pathetic.

We interned US citizens of Japanese descent in internment camps not that log ago..you missed the point so don't make this about some politically incorrect question.

The point was a question: what's the OP posters alternative? The whole post is filled with inaccuracies and unsubstantiated claims such as the costs of healthcare etc..it's pretty much a rant

So what do you do with the people already here? Oh btw not all undocumented aliens are from Mexico. Operation Wetback was limited in its dealings with Mexican migrants, and originated as a result of pressure from the Mexican government. In either case, the question stands: what do you do with the people already here?

Last edited:
So what do you do with the people already here?

We encourage them to leave by doing the following-

1.Crack down on the scum who hire illegals.Treat them no different than we do drug dealers and other criminals who profit from and or use their money for illegal activities.

2. In order to get any ID or driver's license you present a birth certificate, green card, or certificate of naturalization and social security card.After that require a state issued ID or driver's license in order to the following-

-enroll yourself into school
-enroll your minor kids into school
-apply for welfare,food stamps,section 8 housing and any other tax payer assistance for yourself and or your children
-get a business license,fishing/hunting permit,building permit, license to practice law, food handlers permit, gun license(in states that require a permit to buy a gun),concealed carry permit(in states that require a license to conceal carry) or any other tax payer funded service
-open a bank account, cash a check, use a credit/debit/pre-paid card, apply for a loan,or wire money.
-rent,borrow,lease or buy property
-rent,borrow,lease or buy a motor vehicle.
-get legal documents for yourself or your children.
-get utilities

3.Mandate E-verify for every employer.

4.Repeal part of the immigration and nationality act of 1965 that allows for the chain migration of relatives other than spouse or minor children.This would virtually eliminate anchor babies.

If illegals can not get work then we emove a reason for then coming and staying here illegally.If we make to where illegals can't benefit from being here in the US then we remove a reason for them staying and coming here illegally.

Oh btw not all undocumented aliens are from Mexico.
I am well aware of that.Some come from Canada,some come from China,a huge vast majority of them come from Mexico, and central and south America.

You encourage them to leave? Really??? Get real!

Some of these people have kids here etc, they're not leaving and if you were them, neither would you.

Some of these people have kids here etc, they're not leaving and if you were them, neither would you.

They're not leaving even when they have no means to support themselves?

I'm not even all that against amnesty (I'd rather see the border secure FIRST in a SEPARATE bill and amnesty done after we've stopped or significantly reduced the inflow of illegals) but to just give these people amnesty is a slap in the face to every immigrant who went through our contrived immigration system and those who are even now waiting to do things right.

Which one do you think I'm angry at; the illegal worker making slave wages and just trying to not die, or the employer who's making millions off of breaking the law? Here's a concept, why don't we actually punish the employers who are illegally employing these people and undercutting legal citizens?

I acknowledge that we need stronger border control, but not because of illegal workers. The drug trade in Mexico is leading to not only an influx of drug trafficking, but a lot of the problems that drive Mexican workers towards greener pastures. The easiest way to solve this problem is to legalize drugs; kill two birds with one stone (although you shouldn't kill birds).

Seriously .....democrat or republican ....who are the Americans out there wanting to instantaneously inject some 30 million people in the country?

How could illegal people ....over-ride the will of legal Americans ...in America?

This is what happens when politicians today have no shame ...they make no excuse to cast votes only for their self interest.
I mean that practice today seems perfectly acceptable.....the electorate have somehow been conned into finding this practice OK!!
This is what the people want, and it also makes sense ....but it doesn't suit MMMEEE ....sorry! :(

I am 100% sure that granting amnesty today is just ...moving the line along. In 5 to 10 years the next wave of 30 million or so illegals will be here again wanting the same. Dems and Republicans cannot work together because none of the last several presidents did anything about the border, deportation or any of the existing laws to curve the constant stream of illegals.

Health care ....is expensive ...primarily because of these illegals ...yet nobody talks about this.

Why does the government not just knowingly collect taxes from some of these illegals ....but knowingly enlist them in the army? Why are we enlisting illegals ...what is wrong with American citizen? Can I somehow get into China or Russia illegally and tell them I want to enlist in their army?

Just sad to watch this farce .....and I live in non-border red state and the republicans politicians are in bed with the illegals ....such a shame!!!

It would seem your problem is most people in many places do not agree with you. It is clear that certain republicans in states where they would face primary challenges for this and lose are not caving. Other republicans who would find themselves with a difficult thing to explain in the actual election when competing with a democrat have to chose their battles so they get elected. Your problem is that all states and all districts republicans run in are not guaranteed republican seats and some of them might want to keep their job considering the growing number of hispanics and other people who want a better immigration system across the country.

Instead of complaining like a prejudiced fool who hates mexicans, perhaps you might want to come up with a good argument for those people who do not hate mexicans to bring them to your side. The old prejudiced ways of be afraid because *insert foreigner here* is going to take over the country works more on the old and feeble minded. It is not an argument that works for people who live and work side by side with a bunch of people who are not the evil invaders you make them out to be. This is why your argument is losing, and will eventually be lost. It is based on white supremacy with a little better spin, and that has been going downhill in popularity for a few decades now. It is also probably not going to attract many non-white people.

Which one do you think I'm angry at; the illegal worker making slave wages and just trying to not die, or the employer who's making millions off of breaking the law? Here's a concept, why don't we actually punish the employers who are illegally employing these people and undercutting legal citizens?

I acknowledge that we need stronger border control, but not because of illegal workers. The drug trade in Mexico is leading to not only an influx of drug trafficking, but a lot of the problems that drive Mexican workers towards greener pastures. The easiest way to solve this problem is to legalize drugs; kill two birds with one stone (although you shouldn't kill birds).

Not even man eating birds that are eating your face?

Native Americans are likely laughing their asses off.

"Yeah! Get out of OUR country!"

Of course, America is the first time in history more developed peoples have ever conquered another. Besides Americans, every country is occupied by the original occupants of that country.

I'm sorry history happens, but at this point, it's kind of stupid to continuously bring up humanities past of conquest. Do you suggest anyone not descendent of native Americans leave now? Or are you arguing we no longer protect our borders because of humanities past actions? Perhaps we should put lemonade stands all across the border so the violent drug dealers can get a drink if they become parched. Then the native Americans will be appeased!

It worked for states that enacted anti-illegal immigration laws.You are not going to stay somewhere you can't get a job.You are not going to stay somewhere you can't enroll your kids into school, get benefits for your kids, use tax payer funded services and etc.

You do realize that bringing up native Americans in an illegal immigration debate only says "this is what will happen to us if we do not crack down on illegal immigration and secure our borders"? You might think you are mocking the anti-illegal immigration side but all you are doing is proving our point.

Last edited:
They're not leaving even when they have no means to support themselves?

These people came here with little to no money in their pockets. They can leave the same way.
I'm not even all that against amnesty (I'd rather see the border secure FIRST in a SEPARATE bill and amnesty done after we've stopped or significantly reduced the inflow of illegals) but to just give these people amnesty is a slap in the face to every immigrant who went through our contrived immigration system and those who are even now waiting to do things right.
And right after they grant amnesty to illegals the pro-illegal scum in office will yank or neuter that border security and any other enforcement measures.

It worked for states that enacted anti-illegal immigration laws.You are not going to stay somewhere you can't get a job.You are not going to stay somewhere you can't enroll your kids into school, get benefits for your kids, use tax payer funded services and etc.

And where did they go? I wonder if we would have been a better of country if we approached immigration in this manner when it came to Dutch, German, Italians, Irish, Jews, Eastern Europeans and others?

These type of xenophobic approaches show a clear lack of understanding of human history, immigration as a concept, and in broad terms, economics amongst other things.

Surely we need border security but we also need a real practical approach to deal with these people.

I dare ask you: if you were them, would you leave even in the midst of such measures?

Last edited:
You do realize that bringing up native Americans in an illegal immigration debate only says "this is what will happen to us if we do not crack down on illegal immigration and secure our borders"? You might think you are mocking the anti-illegal immigration side but all you are doing is proving our point.

It means what it says, which is "I find it wildly ironic that the people of this country are bitching about 'immigrants', considering how it all began."

If immigration reform is not passed the GOP will pay a price in future elections.

"All of the problems that we face in the USA today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen

If immigration reform is not passed the GOP will pay a price in future elections.

"All of the problems that we face in the USA today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen

OMG, I love your sig file.

I read many of these responses and I just want to say this:

First ..there was nothing wrong with Mitt Romney's self-deportation idea...I think cracking down on the jobs these people come here for would be effective

Second ...there is no shortage of Mexicans, Latinos or Spanish speaking immigrants in the country. We need to manage who comes into the country equitably .... and we could do better substituting Latinos for more Asians and Africans etc.

And where did they go?
They went to sanctuary states. States that shield illegals from being arrested or deported, turn a blind eye when it comes to illegals getting jobs, enrolling kids into school, and using tax payer aid.

I wonder if we would have been a better of country if we approached immigration in this manner when it came to Dutch, German, Italians, Irish, Jews, Eastern Europeans and others?

Didn't those people come here legally?

These type of xenophobic approaches show a clear lack of understanding of human history, immigration as a concept, and in broad terms, economics amongst other things.

There is nothing xenophobic about my approach.My approach ensures that only those who are here legally can enroll their kids into school, get driver's licenses, get business licenses, open bank accounts, buy motor vehicles and many other things. There is nothing xenophobic about opposing illegal immigration.

Surely we need border security but we also need a real practical approach to deal with these people.
. The scum in office proved that they won't secure our borders and they won't crack down on illegal immigration and will do everything they can to undermine any efforts against illegal immigration. So only a ****ing moron believes that they would not only secure the border and crack down on illegal immigration but keep those efforts up once illegals have amnesty. Amnesty amounts to pouring gas on a fire and expecting it to put out the fire.

I dare ask you: if you were them, would you leave even in the midst of such measures?

Yes. Heck if I was in their shoes I wouldn't have left my country in the first place with measures like those. You seem to forget that most of these people come here illegal in order to make money in order to send it back home. They come here illegally to send to their kids to school, to give birth to anchor babies,and many other things. If you eliminate their ability to get those things then they will have no reason to stay here and no reason to come here because my measures would do that.

Back
Top Bottom