• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amnesty Bill will pass because Politicians no longer held to account

It means what it says, which is "I find it wildly ironic that the people of this country are bitching about 'immigrants', considering how it all began."

Most people are not bitching about immigrants. We are complaining about illegals.Illegals and immigrants are two different things. One group are criminals who reside here illegally in the US(illegal immigration is a crime), while the other group are those that have come here legally and are staying here legally. But still bringing up native Americans in an illegal immigration debate is a cautionary tale of what happens when people do not secure their borders.

If immigration reform is not passed the GOP will pay a price in future elections.

Funny how most of the people who are claiming that are mostly pro-illegal liberals.As though these people are somehow very concerned about the future of the republican party. Its nothing more than a bull**** tactic so Democrats can claim "but the republicans sold you out too,so you have no reason to change your vote to republican". Because if both of the major parties sell the American people out to illegal immigration then there will be no major party the people can turn to.

Funny how most of the people who are claiming that are mostly pro-illegal liberals.As though these people are somehow very concerned about the future of the republican party. Its nothing more than a bull**** tactic so Democrats can claim "but the republicans sold you out too,so you have no reason to change your vote to republican". Because if both of the major parties sell the American people out to illegal immigration then there will be no major party the people can turn to.

My point exactly.

I cannot for the life of me understand why...with 10% unemployment......20% un-employment in the black community ...what we need at this moment ...is another 30 million people??? :shock:

No matter what your "party" affiliate is ......I cannot see how as an American ...you don't find this troubling!!

It means what it says, which is "I find it wildly ironic that the people of this country are bitching about 'immigrants', considering how it all began."

Because no one is bitching about immigrants - we're complaining about ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Because no one is bitching about immigrants - we're complaining about ILLEGAL ALIENS.

what's really Ironic is .....how Mexicans treat the rest of their neighbors....and then complain about how Americans treat them.

And where did they go? I wonder if we would have been a better of country if we approached immigration in this manner when it came to Dutch, German, Italians, Irish, Jews, Eastern Europeans and others?

I appreciate immigration plenty. Again, you insult legitimate immigrants by equating them to people who break our laws.

These type of xenophobic approaches show a clear lack of understanding of human history, immigration as a concept, and in broad terms, economics amongst other things.

Did he ever speak out against immigration?

Surely we need border security but we also need a real practical approach to deal with these people.

... and short-term amnesty is not it, since more will just come in. Just like the 80s.

I dare ask you: if you were them, would you leave even in the midst of such measures?

Well, I didn't illegally immigrate. If I had no means to support myself I'd likely go elsewhere though.

My point exactly.

I cannot for the life of me understand why...with 10% unemployment......20% un-employment in the black community ...what we need at this moment ...is another 30 million people??? :shock:

No matter what your "party" affiliate is ......I cannot see how as an American ...you don't find this troubling!!

Well, it depends who the people are. For instance, wealthy immigrants can bring jobs when they open businesses in America, or high skilled immigrants can fill up jobs that don't have enough eligible candidates here.

Well, it depends who the people are. For instance, wealthy immigrants can bring jobs when they open businesses in America, or high skilled immigrants can fill up jobs that don't have enough eligible candidates here.

I truly mean this in a sincere way...the best thing a wealthy person can do is to stay in his country and build up his country. Its a win win for everybody...because it means more jobs in their country...less poor immigrants coming here and more people out there to buy our products.

A good analogy is ...what if America imported all the worlds best athletes...slap a USA uniform on them to represent America in the Olympics. What sort of games would that be. The bottom line is however....the vast majority of immigrants are poor and unskilled.

And Bill Gates and corporate America exaggerate and lie about the so-called skilled workers ...Americans are often qualified to do those jobs ...they just don't want to pay them a decent wage for it.

In fact this is issue the politicians never talk about. They have conned the people into think this bill is only about immigrants picking oranges in the field. Ask anybody who's 40+ to early 50 who worked in the IT industry how it felt when their careers were stymied or ended by cheap labor from India. This Bill is going unleash this sort of thing across just about every career field as they load up the HB-1 visas to further drive down wages here!!

Last edited:
I truly mean this in a sincere way...the best thing a wealthy person can do is to stay in his country and build up his country.

The bottom line is however....the vast majority of immigrants are poor and unskilled.

I feel bad for Sergei Brin; that poor wretched soul, oh the poverty....

Back
Top Bottom