• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ammon Bundy & Water Wars too

Moi621

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Ammon Bundy
(son of Cliven) is running for governor of Idaho
And involved again
(sort of) in the War Against The Federals

Meanwhile

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06...rce-open-klamath-headgates-and-release-water/

Irrigators say they plan to force open Klamath headgates and release water
Water.jpg

A pair of Klamath Project irrigators and their supporters say they intend to break into federal property and open the controls that are preventing water from Upper Klamath Lake from going to farms and ranches.
Farmers Grant Knoll and Dan Nielsen bought property next to the headgates in April for $30,000 and have set up camp on the site. They are staffing a large canvas tent with volunteers from the local branch of People’s Rights, a national organization formed in 2020 by militant activist Ammon Bundy, and they’re trying to rally support.
In 2001, during a previous stand-off over a federal water shut-off, Knoll and Nielsen were photographed by Associated Press reporter Don Ryan manually turning on the water at the headgates. While the technology to turn the water on has changed, their plans have not, and they’re trying to get others to join them.
Ammon Bundy, leader of the 2016 Malheur occupation, has stated publicly he’s willing to come to Klamath Falls to join those involved in the effort, if asked to do so

Support Bundy(s) and Knoll & Nielsen too

Moi
:oldman:

Please notice how much State land is occupied by the Federals
in Rocky Mountain & Western States compared to the Midwest & East

Once a territory has been organized as State(s)
and accepted into The United States of America
with 2 Senators & Representative(s)
Federals should NOT hold dominion of their land!

Si?

federal_lands.jpg

Please notice how much State land is occupied by the Federals
in Rocky Mountain & Western States compared to the Midwest & East

The Federal Government spent a hundred years trying to give that land away, and no one wanted it.

The states don't want it.

The Federal Government spent a hundred years trying to give that land away, and no one wanted it.

I wouldn't put that manure on my vegetable garden!
That land is the responsibility of the States.
Simple!

Unless you got references.
Mine is the Constitution.

Simple!

As for the Constitution:

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

More importantly, how is Moi going to blame this on Canada?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

As for the Constitution:

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

That is such manure as it deserves a reference!

Simple!

Unless you got references.
Mine is the Constitution.
Does this mean the States will do a better job of 'forest management' than the Feds did? You know, raking leaves and gathering dead branches and all the stuff Trump said California should be doing.

It's not their property.

It's the citizen's property, you and me and everyone else.

Bundy nor anyone else can tell us citizens of the United States what to do with our land.

Yes Citizen's property
But, Citizens of a State.
Not any Atlantic Coast, Yankee Federal
who veto those State's citizens!

Get It Or Not!

That is such manure as it deserves a reference!

Since it isn't possible for me to prove a negative, how about we look at it from the other way.

What state wants to take control of Federal Land?

You understand that the vast majority of this land costs more to maintain than it could ever be worth, right?

Does this mean the States will do a better job of 'forest management' than the Feds did? You know, raking leaves and gathering dead branches and all the stuff Trump said California should be doing.

You forgot the Federals via banning grazing
created a condition for fostering wild fires
blamed on global warming!

Yes!
Locals do a better job
at Forest Management!

Grazing has "good" effects on
Forest Management!

"An Unfinished Life"
"Milagro Bean Field War"

Both Robert Redford films that diss the
Federals and their forest management folks.
Why?

Ammon Bundy (son of Cliven) is running for governor of Idaho
And involved again
(sort of) in the War Against The Federals

Meanwhile

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06...rce-open-klamath-headgates-and-release-water/

A pair of Klamath Project irrigators and their supporters say they intend to break into federal property and open the controls that are preventing water from Upper Klamath Lake from going to farms and ranches.
Farmers Grant Knoll and Dan Nielsen bought property next to the headgates in April for $30,000 and have set up camp on the site. They are staffing a large canvas tent with volunteers from the local branch of People’s Rights, a national organization formed in 2020 by militant activist Ammon Bundy, and they’re trying to rally support.
In 2001, during a previous stand-off over a federal water shut-off, Knoll and Nielsen were photographed by Associated Press reporter Don Ryan manually turning on the water at the headgates. While the technology to turn the water on has changed, their plans have not, and they’re trying to get others to join them.
Ammon Bundy, leader of the 2016 Malheur occupation, has stated publicly he’s willing to come to Klamath Falls to join those involved in the effort, if asked to do so

This group of people shout loudly about their rights yet they are constantly infringing on the rights of everybody else trying to maintain a civil, law abiding society. They trespass, they bully, they refuse to pay debts, they support criminals, they invade government property and they take up arms against citizens and the government. These people belong in jail.

This group of people shout loudly about their rights yet they are constantly infringing on the rights of everybody else trying to maintain a civil, law abiding society. They trespass, they bully, they refuse to pay debts, they support criminals, they invade government property and they take up arms against citizens and the government. These people belong in jail.

How?

Name calling and pigeon holing is hardly a statement.
At least it wasn't before the 21st Century

I applauded when Cliven's Cowboys
took his cattle from the Federal corral.
Didn't you?

Who owns western lands?
Louisiana Purchase: 828,000 square miles for $15M from France to the US government
Mexican Cession 525,000 square miles for $15M from Mexico to the US government
Gadsden Purchase 29,670 square miles for $10M from Mexico to the US government
Alaska Purchase 586,412 square miles for $15M from Russia to the US government
Oregon Territory 96,000 square miles by treaty with England to the US Government

I don't see the Bundy's name in that list of purchasers.

Who owns western lands?
Louisiana Purchase: 828,000 square miles for $15M from France to the US government
Mexican Cession 525,000 square miles for $15M from Mexico to the US government
Gadsden Purchase 29,670 square miles for $10M from Mexico to the US government
Alaska Purchase 586,412 square miles for $15M from Russia to the US government
Oregon Territory 96,000 square miles by treaty with England to the US Government

I don't see the Bundy's name in that list of purchasers.

How about the States

New Federal territory was organized into States
and admitted to these United States of America
with 2 senators, representative(s) and protections
for the State & people from Federal hegemony.

#10 of the Bill of Rights.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States,
are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Bill of Rights was intended to corral
Federal powers, not expand them.

Federal occupation of 45% of California seems a bit much
compared to 0.8% of the State of New York.
Excessive Federal occupation of Rocky Mountain & Western States
is unconstitutional.
It is the property of those States and people of those States.
Certainly not the Federals anymore than the Bundy name.

Moi

How about the States

New Federal territory was organized into States
and admitted to these United States of America
with 2 senators, representative(s) and protections
for the State & people from Federal hegemony.

#10 of the Bill of Rights.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States,
are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Bill of Rights was intended to corral
Federal powers, not expand them.

Federal occupation of 45% of California seems a bit much
compared to 0.8% of the State of New York.
Excessive Federal occupation of Rocky Mountain & Western States
is unconstitutional.
It is the property of those States and people of those States.
Certainly not the Federals anymore than the Bundy name.

Moi

You notice that the 10th Amendment says "powers", not land.

The law is very clear, and not on your side.

It costs the federal government $11 billion a year to maintain BLM land.

Do you really think any states want to take on that burden?

View attachment 67336363

The Federal Land Reclamation Act
"An Act Appropriating the receipts from the sale and disposal of public lands in certain States and Territories to the construction of irrigation works for the reclamation of arid lands". The act identifies 16 states and territories included in the project: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. It requires surplus fees from sales of land be set aside for a "reclamation fund" for the development of water resources.

Below are listed the larger of the irrigation projects of the United States, with the area reclaimed or to be reclaimed as of 1925.
Arizona: Salt River, 182,000
Arizona-California: Yuma, 158,000
California: Orland, 20,000
Colorado: Grand Valley, 53,000; Uncompahgre Valley, 140,000
Idaho: Boise, 207,000; Minidoka, 120,500
Kansas: Garden City, 10,677
Montana: Blackfeet, 122,500; Flathead, 152,000; Fort Peck, 152,000; Huntley, 32,405; Milk River, 219,557; Sun River, 174,046
Montana-North Dakota: Lower Yellowstone, 60,116
Nebraska-Wyoming: North Platte, 129,270
Nevada: Truckee-Carson, 206,000
New Mexico: Carlsbad, 20,261; Hondo, 10,000; Rio Grande, 155,000
North Dakota: North Dakota Pumping, 26, 314
Oregon: Umatilla, 36,300
Oregon-California: Klamath, 70,000
South Dakota: Belle Fourche, 100,000
Utah: Strawberry Valley, 50,000
Washington: Okanogan, 10,999; Sunnyside, 102,824; Tieton (Teton), 34,071
Wyoming: Shoshone, 164,122

Oh, look! The federal government built the Klamath irrigation system. I don't see the Kroll and Nielsen Dam on that list.

Reading comprehension has never been the strong suit of people like that. The see only what they think supports their anti-government, anti-social, ignorance.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Issac Asimov

Last edited:
You forgot the Federals via banning grazing
created a condition for fostering wild fires
blamed on global warming!

Yes!
Locals do a better job
at Forest Management!

Grazing has "good" effects on
Forest Management!

"An Unfinished Life"
"Milagro Bean Field War"

Both Robert Redford films that diss the
Federals and their forest management folks.
Why?
There's no such thing as managing a forest. I live in one of the most heavily forested areas in the world and I never heard that term till a real estate developer from Manhattan used it. And he was blaming California for that stupid concept. Who are you blaming? Sounds like when Trump was blaming California you were blaming the Fed's. That right?

The Federal Land Reclamation Act
"An Act Appropriating the receipts from the sale and disposal of public lands in certain States and Territories to the construction of irrigation works for the reclamation of arid lands". The act identifies 16 states and territories included in the project: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. It requires surplus fees from sales of land be set aside for a "reclamation fund" for the development of water resources.

Below are listed the larger of the irrigation projects of the United States, with the area reclaimed or to be reclaimed as of 1925.
Arizona: Salt River, 182,000
Arizona-California: Yuma, 158,000
California: Orland, 20,000
Colorado: Grand Valley, 53,000; Uncompahgre Valley, 140,000
Idaho: Boise, 207,000; Minidoka, 120,500
Kansas: Garden City, 10,677
Montana: Blackfeet, 122,500; Flathead, 152,000; Fort Peck, 152,000; Huntley, 32,405; Milk River, 219,557; Sun River, 174,046
Montana-North Dakota: Lower Yellowstone, 60,116
Nebraska-Wyoming: North Platte, 129,270
Nevada: Truckee-Carson, 206,000
New Mexico: Carlsbad, 20,261; Hondo, 10,000; Rio Grande, 155,000
North Dakota: North Dakota Pumping, 26, 314
Oregon: Umatilla, 36,300
Oregon-California: Klamath, 70,000
South Dakota: Belle Fourche, 100,000
Utah: Strawberry Valley, 50,000
Washington: Okanogan, 10,999; Sunnyside, 102,824; Tieton (Teton), 34,071
Wyoming: Shoshone, 164,122

Oh, look! The federal government built the Klamath irrigation system. I don't see the Kroll and Nielsen Dam on that list.

Federal Reclamation Act
Really?
Get it or NOT!

I guess you don't.

Moi

Water.jpg

@weaver2
The law is not on my side by habit,
not constitutionality and the 10th amendment.

How about the "powers" of
Education. Or welfare. Or housing & urban development

Usurping the power of education is my #1 concern
regarding the 10th.

CORE Curriculum & testing. <sigh>

@weaver2
The law is not on my side by habit,
not constitutionality and the 10th amendment.

How about the "powers" of
Education. Or welfare. Or housing & urban development

Usurping the power of education is my #1 concern
regarding the 10th.

CORE Curriculum & testing. <sigh>

You're trying to change the subject in your own thread?

I did not call names. I identified their behavior.
Pigeon Holing by label as you identified
Proof enough for the 21st Century.
eh
No references required.

Win By Labeling

<sigh>
I hate the 21st Century!

Moi

STOP 🇨🇦izing
🇺🇸

Back
Top Bottom