• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ammo prices

Aberro

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I don’t know if this is the right forum for this, but I’ll try.

I have been reading about the cost of gun ammo climbing fast and even being unavailable, I have plenty and dont really care. If you have not stocked up by now, you were not paying attention.

Local WalMart in my area always carried a good supply but now, since the riots, (a thousand miles away) have discontinued stocking pistol ammo. (Dont care, I make my own)

However, today I was there picking up dog food, and decided to look at their ammo shelves, and yep, pretty bare.
30-30 was $15/20, but only 4 box’s available, $17 for 30/06. I think that’s the same or near the same cost as Obama years.

Then I looked at shotgun ammo, pretty good selection of bird shot, no buck or slugs. I did buy a 100 round box of 12ga #6 shot for $22 dollars, I thought it was a good price anytime. #7.5 and 8 shot were cheaper.

Evidently, people don’t think shotguns can be used for many things. Plenty of shotgun ammo.

Seems like there's enough 5.56 and 9mm for everyone.

I think the shortage is just a rumor or a local thing.

Not my experience. .223/5.56, 9mm, and .45 ACP are IMPOSSIBLE to get here in the peoples republic of California.

Hopefully patriots have stocked up so that the voice of the people on Nov. 5th is strong enough to thwart the democrat civil war. When they lose, the violence they are engaging in now will look like a board game.

Buy guns, buy ammo. (if you're a patriot - if you're a Communist, buy pot!)

No, shortage is nationwide. 5.56 and 9mm are leading the way in difficult to find calibers. If you can get you hands on some, price has gone up significantly. I scooted over to my local Academy couple days ago and always look at the shelves. Couple boxes of .223/62 grain were sitting in the wrong area and I snatched them up. Price checked them and they were over $1/round. I would have never paid that 6 months ago but choked it down and paid the price.

Not my experience. .223/5.56, 9mm, and .45 ACP are IMPOSSIBLE to get here in the peoples republic of California.

Hopefully patriots have stocked up so that the voice of the people on Nov. 5th is strong enough to thwart the democrat civil war. When they lose, the violence they are engaging in now will look like a board game.

LOL voting to you is now a "democrat civil war". :lamo

What ridiculous nonsense. Trump is going to lose, get used to it. Trump supporters have decided they want to be Anti-American and support the corrupt voting suppression Trump. Trump supporters belong in jail or a psychiatric ward. Trump supporters are ****ing RETARDED.

I have been reading about the cost of gun ammo climbing fast and even being unavailable, I have plenty and dont really care. If you have not stocked up by now, you were not paying attention.

Local WalMart in my area always carried a good supply but now, since the riots, (a thousand miles away) have discontinued stocking pistol ammo. (Dont care, I make my own)

However, today I was there picking up dog food, and decided to look at their ammo shelves, and yep, pretty bare.
30-30 was $15/20, but only 4 box’s available, $17 for 30/06. I think that’s the same or near the same cost as Obama years.

Then I looked at shotgun ammo, pretty good selection of bird shot, no buck or slugs. I did buy a 100 round box of 12ga #6 shot for $22 dollars, I thought it was a good price anytime. #7.5 and 8 shot were cheaper.

Evidently, people don’t think shotguns can be used for many things. Plenty of shotgun ammo.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved. We prefer to keep guns and ammo discussions to the Gun Control section please.

Walmart to stop selling ammo for handguns and short-barrel weapons, ask customers to not openly carry firearms in its stores - Chicago Tribune

Sure this is not what is going on?

LOL voting to you is now a "democrat civil war". :lamo

What ridiculous nonsense. Trump is going to lose, get used to it. Trump supporters have decided they want to be Anti-American and support the corrupt voting suppression Trump. Trump supporters belong in jail or a psychiatric ward. Trump supporters are ****ing RETARDED.

The CCP democrats plan to use Cheat by Mail to try and steal an election they could never win. All indications are the Khmer Rouge will still lose, and badly. When the Communist vermin lose, the violence they are engaged in nightly right now will look like childs play. The Stalinists are demanding that the police be disbanded while at the same time they want to disarm America - as their Brown Shirts burn down cities across the nation.

We will trounce the vile slugs, the democrats, in the election - after they lose, then an armed populace will be vital. The traitor scum are modeling how they will overthrow the government already.

{But conveniently, a group of former top government officials called the Transition Integrity Project actually gamed four possible scenarios, including one that doesn’t look that different from 2016: a big popular win for Mr. Biden, and a narrow electoral defeat, presumably reached after weeks of counting the votes in Pennsylvania. For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.

But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.

In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do.}

Democrats' 'War Game' for Election Includes West Coast Secession, Possible Civil War

The traitor scum are already waging civil war against America - but they also have full blown civil war as their contingency when they lose the election.

The real goal of democrats is to create enough chaos that China can invade without resistance.

It's all these new gun buyers. Most of them never owned a gun before, and they want to stock up on ammo now that they have a gun. The ammo producers don't really "ramp up" or "ramp down" production, as demand usually stays fairly constant. The large gun club I belong to now has a long waiting list for membership. They've stopped accepting new members at all. So many new gun owners wanting to have a place to shoot.

I belong to two gun clubs, but one of them is just for Cowboy Action shooting. The other club is larger, more members, but even still I could usually shoot on a Tuesday morning and pretty much have the place to myself. Not anymore. Now there's always at least a couple of shooters on every range. And most of them are newbies.

At my local WM, I have seen pistol in holster open carry, no one cares. I think it’s foolish, but I have no problem with it. (I carry concealed.)

My local WM carried pistol ammo well after that article, so maybe, but after this date, it disappeared.

Deputies: $100K of merchandise stolen in looting of Florida Walmart | WEAR

A voice of reason. :roll:

Still plenty of good bulk buy prices online.

The CCP democrats plan to use Cheat by Mail to try and steal an election they could never win. All indications are the Khmer Rouge will still lose, and badly. When the Communist vermin lose, the violence they are engaged in nightly right now will look like childs play. The Stalinists are demanding that the police be disbanded while at the same time they want to disarm America - as their Brown Shirts burn down cities across the nation.

We will trounce the vile slugs, the democrats, in the election - after they lose, then an armed populace will be vital. The traitor scum are modeling how they will overthrow the government already.

{But conveniently, a group of former top government officials called the Transition Integrity Project actually gamed four possible scenarios, including one that doesn’t look that different from 2016: a big popular win for Mr. Biden, and a narrow electoral defeat, presumably reached after weeks of counting the votes in Pennsylvania. For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.

But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.

In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do.}

Democrats' 'War Game' for Election Includes West Coast Secession, Possible Civil War

The traitor scum are already waging civil war against America - but they also have full blown civil war as their contingency when they lose the election.

The real goal of democrats is to create enough chaos that China can invade without resistance.
Holy crap, you drank ALL OF THE KOOL-AID. :screwy

you don't say where you live, but in SW Ohio 9mm is expensive and hard to find. AIM SURPLUS-which is my main source of factory ammo (the 9mm I compete with I load on a commercial grade Dillon 1050) has Zero 9mm. It advertised today it had some of the wolf which-8 months ago was 5.95 a box-at 9.95,

556/.223 is equally hard to find and expensive. I often buy the Brass (taiwan NATO Spec) stuff-299/1000-its up over 400 now

who?

Not AIM
Not Midway
Not Natchez
Not Brownells
Not PSA

Add Cabela's to that list. I went in there the other day to buy some 32Auto for my son, who carries a Keltec in that caliber. Got the last two boxes, $24 each. No 9mm or 556 or .45 acp on the shelves. Lots of odd ball calibers in stock, but not the more common stuff.

Add Cabela's to that list. I went in there the other day to buy some 32Auto for my son, who carries a Keltec in that caliber. Got the last two boxes, $24 each. No 9mm or 556 or .45 acp on the shelves. Lots of odd ball calibers in stock, but not the more common stuff.

there's a cabelas less than 10 minutes from my home. I never bother since I have AIM SURPLUS equally close. I might take a look though just to see what they have. The stuff I get from Cabelas are hiking shoes, some fishing lures, and a metal detector every few years (for finding lost arrows)

It's all these new gun buyers. Most of them never owned a gun before, and they want to stock up on ammo now that they have a gun. The ammo producers don't really "ramp up" or "ramp down" production, as demand usually stays fairly constant. The large gun club I belong to now has a long waiting list for membership. They've stopped accepting new members at all. So many new gun owners wanting to have a place to shoot.

I belong to two gun clubs, but one of them is just for Cowboy Action shooting. The other club is larger, more members, but even still I could usually shoot on a Tuesday morning and pretty much have the place to myself. Not anymore. Now there's always at least a couple of shooters on every range. And most of them are newbies.

4bn3n9.jpg
All these new buyers, reacting the the democrat Brown Shirts and the BLM Klan raping, pillaging, and burning across the land while at the same time the democrats demand the police be disbanded - who are they likely to vote for?

Back
Top Bottom