• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amid criticism over mail-in voting, Trump requests absentee ballot

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The request allows Trump and the first lady to vote remotely as Palm Beach County, Florida, residents.

Aug. 14, 2020
By Kristen Welker

President Donald Trump, whose campaign has tried to thwart mail-in voting, has requested an absentee ballot that will allow him to cast a Florida primary ballot via the U.S. Postal Service.

The request to vote remotely as a Palm Beach County, Florida, resident was confirmed Thursday night by White House Deputy Press Secretary, Judd Deere.

"The President supports absentee voting, not universal mail-in voting, which contain several safeguards that prevent fraud and abuse," Deere said by email.

Mail in voting IS absentee voting, and the same safeguards are in place for both....because they are *the same*.

But apparently, his supporters are stupid enough to believe that this is OK because he will sign it in ink, where mail in votes are signed by pen.

Mail in voting IS absentee voting, and the same safeguards are in place for both....because they are *the same*.

But apparently, his supporters are stupid enough to believe that this is OK because he will sign it in ink, where mail in votes are signed by pen.

I'm waiting for one of the cultist rubes to explain how its OK for him...but not the American public. :roll:

(I thought it was graphite vs pencil)

This is the perfect storm.

Many in America think... “Can’t happen here right”.

Let me paint you a picture.

What if Trumps attempts to stifle mail in voting work... Too well, perhaps better than he and his lackey hoped it would.

And millions upon millions of votes go uncounted.

And he wins.

At the same time Senate Republicans have just lit the fuse on a nuclear bomb by not reaching a deal and ****ed off til September.

Millions could be thrown into the streets.

This is a powder keg ready to blow.

Because of where I come from and my own background people may think I’m being hyperbolic or that I’m being silly, but the truth is, you’ve never experienced how bad things can get and they can happen just like that.

Think about how quickly Coronavirus changed your life and our new reality.

The Pandora’s box Trump is opening with this transparent attempt to rig the election along with everything else that is happening could be far, far more devastating than any of you realize, even those who don’t like him.

Now we get to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I'm waiting for one of the cultist rubes to explain how its OK for him...but not the American public. :roll:
Me too, as well as specifically why mail-in voting is supposed to be more vulnerable to fraud than absentee voting is? Further, what are the differences between them at all?

What if Trumps attempts to stifle mail in voting work... Too well, perhaps better than he and his lackey hoped it would.

And he wins.

At the same time Senate Republicans have just lit the fuse on a nuclear bomb by not reaching a deal and ****ed off til September.

Because of where I come from and my own background people may think I’m being hyperbolic or that I’m being silly, but the truth is, you’ve never experienced how bad things can get and they can happen just like that.

The Pandora’s box Trump is opening with this transparent attempt to rig the election along with everything else that is happening could be far, far more devastating than any of you realize, even those who don’t like him.

May I have the Blue Pill please?

Me too, as well as specifically why mail-in voting is supposed to be more vulnerable to fraud than absentee voting is? Further, what are the differences between them at all?

It isn't. And when you ask the disinformation agents here, they will not have an answer, they just shuck and jive.

With "mail in voting", A ballot is sent to every voter on record, to the last known address of said voter. If the voter has moved, died, or for what ever reason, isn't at the address on record, it goes there anyway.

"Absentee ballots ", which is the way most military vote, must be requested. That's done every election.

Considering the recent flubs by the post office, tasking them with handling "mail in ballots" from 130+ million would be foolish and fool hardy.

With "mail in voting", A ballot is sent to every voter on record, to the last known address of said voter. If the voter has moved, died, or for what ever reason, isn't at the address on record, it goes there anyway.

"Absentee ballots ", which is the way most military vote, must be requested. That's done every election.

Considering the recent flubs by the post office, tasking them with handling "mail in ballots" from 130+ million would be foolish and fool hardy.

Not everywhere.

I requested a mail in ballot. And, it was signature verified.

The post office can handle it...however, if someone were to sabotage the post office for his own political gains......

If 5% of absentee ballots are fraudulent that’s bad enough, but when thousands of ballots suddenly appear in the back of someone’s truck, that is serious.

“By any means necessary” is an abandonment of all ethics and principles, so hell yes the democrats will do what they can get away with.

If 5% of absentee ballots are fraudulent that’s bad enough, but when thousands of ballots suddenly appear in the back of someone’s truck, that is serious.

“By any means necessary” is an abandonment of all ethics and principles, so hell yes the democrats will do what they can get away with.

You are just throwing out scenarios that have no basis in fact.

Not only are Trump and his new Postmaster General (appointed in June) sabotaging the United States Postal Service, but Trump will demand that any mail-in votes not counted by 11:59pm on November 3 are no longer legitimate.

Trump is busy creating the conditions in which X number of votes can't be counted in a timely manner with his Postmaster General removing sorting machines and closing Post Offices.

And he wins.

the sad part is that he only needs thousands of votes.

this is a bad situation. we have to make sure that it isn't close.

Not everywhere.

I requested a mail in ballot. And, it was signature verified.

The post office can handle it...however, if someone were to sabotage the post office for his own political gains......

Which way is easier to sabotage? Voting in person (as we always have), or mailing it in? How easy would it be for a zealous partisan to "loose" ballots coming from well known Republican/Democrat district?
I've seen millions of people "protesting", going to the store/bar/ etc. Why are the dems so insistent on mail in voting? Do you really believe it's because they are "concerned" for your health?

WTF are you going on about?

Who’s got ballots in the back of a truck, and why is this a concern now when entire states have been doing vote by mail literally for years with no problems or even a hint of fraud?

Oh, right.

You haven’t been given any other talking points by Tucker yet.

Which way is easier to sabotage? Voting in person (as we always have), or mailing it in? How easy would it be for a zealous partisan to "loose" ballots coming from well known Republican/Democrat district?
I've seen millions of people "protesting", going to the store/bar/ etc. Why are the dems so insistent on mail in voting? Do you really believe it's because they are "concerned" for your health?

You seem unaware that in recent primary elections many many polling places were closed because of the pandemic. Municipalities were not able to staff them. People who once reported to more than 100 places had to report to less than 5. People stood inline for hours to vote. People risked their health to vote.
Maybe those scenarios are fine and dandy with you....do you reside in a populous area? Have you ever waited in line for hours to cast your ballot?

The state of Colorado has used mail in voting for years, with no problems. Your leader has created a problem out of thin air, because he knows he cannot win a fair election. He has created this LIE of a problem to cast suspicion and unease on the public. Why you would want to defend such a man who survives by division, and has destroyed everything he's touched is not easily understood.

Trump is president. Trump can deal with the post office because he is president. He and his appointee could not be more transparent as to their intentions. Can anyone post here with a straight face that Trump would be doing this if he had a lead in the polls?

Not only are Trump and his new Postmaster General (appointed in June) sabotaging the United States Postal Service, but Trump will demand that any mail-in votes not counted by 11:59pm on November 3 are no longer legitimate.
And that is totally reasonable.

Trump is busy creating the conditions in which X number of votes can't be counted in a timely manner with his Postmaster General removing sorting machines and closing Post Offices.

Then vote in person if you are so worried. Most states have early voting where you can vote as much as a month in advance. If you cant get that done so it is there on election day then you vote shouldnt count.

You'll be one of the ones claiming you never saw it coming, that you had no part in it.

More derailing of the post office, pre-elections, as mail boxes are now being removed in some blue states, because there's 'less mail to collect.'

Why are the cons so insistent on making it more difficult for Americans to vote? And why do they pretend that there is rampant vote fraud, when in actuality, the number is infinitesimal.

Back
Top Bottom