Not even close Swinger
American Colonist didn't even consider themselves as Colonist. They considered themselves as Englishmen
If they were English, they wouldn't have staged a revolution. There's a dividing line somewhere between "English" and "American". We crossed that line. America would've never happened if we didn't.
1. Dense forests that weren't easy to navigate are similar to Vietnam's jungles.
2. Support from foreign governments. We had France, Vietnam had Russia and China.
3. Civilians mixed in with soldiers.
4. The British had to destroy our army to win. We had to destroy Vietnam's army to win.
5. Impossible for the British to stop or supply lines. Vietnam had the Ho Chi Mihn trail that was politically impossible for us to stop.
6. Tiny, new army fighting a world super power.
Swinger, it took 10 years of trying for reconciliation with the Mother countryIf they were English, they wouldn't have staged a revolution.
If we still thought we were English, there wouldn't have been a revolution and we'd still be English today.Swinger, it took 10 years of trying for reconciliation with the Mother country
It wasn't till Jan of 1776(Commonsense) that Americans starting to think different
Where you getting this stuff?(LOL)
Before that, the circumstances for war to begin with were entirely different deflating your Vietnam comparison in its tractsI don't understand what you mean. I'm not sure it matters to the conversation.
1. Britain was a super power back in the 1770s. America was a brand new nation with a fledgling army. This is like Vietnam.
Again, entirely different circumstances1. World super power versus fledgling country
2. Can't tell the combatants from the enemy half the time
3. Rough terrain
4. Vietnam had Russia and China. We had France and Spain.
5. Vietnam was a war of independence from colonialism, so was the American Revolution.