• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's Oligarchs -- aka. 'The One Percent' -- and Property Rights

You don't remember Falluja? That was Bush's Mariupol in Iraq.
no, actually it wasn't. In the initial US invasion, the city was nearly untouched, it was not leveled by the US with max attempts to kill any and all civilians. The city was first damaged by looters, then NEARLY A YEAR LATER the city became a battleground after insurgents moved in and began attacking US troops. Again, this is absurd to argue what we are witnessing in Mariupol is equal to Fallujah .

Bush's invasion of Iraq was more egregious than what Putin has done, and took far more lives.
Wow, nothing like comparing years of occupation to a few weeks.
Remember, America doesn't even have a border with Iraq. There are no vital interests there. No rival foreign powers had been creating problems for America in there, that would have provoked a US desire to invade. Bush simply invaded because he didn't like the fact that Saddam was still in power while his dad was defeated in elections at home. His Neo-Con allies were upset at the Palestinian Intifada which followed the failed Israeli-Palestinian "peace process" led by Clinton, who had defeated Bush's dad.
You have me mistaken for a PNAC neocon, I'm not.....as a matter of fact I got into a personal direct argument with Laurie Mylroie when she was in San Diego during the war. You have no idea what I am.

Last edited:

Fallujah is thousands of miles from America's borders. Mariupol is a Russian-majority area mere dozens of kilometers from Russia's current borders, and used to actually be inside Russia before the creation of the USSR.

Mariupol is the headquarters of these people:

The Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion
16473697034895.jpg

When Putin cites "De-Nazification" of Ukraine as his pretext for invasion, he's specifically talking about your friends who are headquartered in Mariupol, ruling over the Russians there with an iron fist -- the Russians they hate.

Wow, nothing like comparing years of occupation to a few weeks.

You have me mistaken for a PNAC neocon, I'm not.....as a matter of fact I got into a personal direct argument with Laurie Mylroie when she was in San Diego during the war. You have no idea what I am.

The Left are now on the cusp of inverting and re-inventing themselves -- yet again -- switching over from supporting "Muh People of Color against White Supremacists" to now supporting Neo-Nazis like Azov Battalion.
This is sort of like how the Left switched over from supporting the American blue-collar working class people, to suddenly calling the Deplorables and caricaturing them as "White Supremacists" who only love their "God-n-Guns" ™

Make no mistake -- all the armaments and weapons being pumped into Ukraine will now result in a massive strengthening of radicals not just in Ukraine, but around Europe and all across the West, including the American homeland.
This is exactly what happened when the West supported the Afghan Jihad against the Soviet invasion of that country. It generated a huge pool of radicals, not just creating them within the country but also sucking them in from abroad and all around the region. People like the founders of AlQaeda. I still remember all the various incidents that happened during the 80s and 90s, when jihadists from Afghanistan began carrying out attacks here and there. But there were still staunch denials and defenders of the supply of weapons to the guerrillas, by those who didn't want to jeopardize the war or its goals. Congressmen who insisted that the virtuous jihadists of Afghanistan posed no threat to America, and would never do anything bad or terroristic.

That movie was made in 2007, not so coincidentally, in the years following a certain unforgettable event.

Now there's a new war on -- and a new opportunity to stick it to the Russians.

But what will the blowback look like?

1c223bcc1a1bbf3be5f78a0ac33ad8e1.jpg

That's actually an optimistic scenario, since the more dangerous scenario is WW3.

Last edited:
Mariupol is a Rus......
Actually it was a part of the Ukrainian sovereign state.... after Stalin starved 4 million Ukrainians in '32. Puken is attempting his own Holodomor.

Excuse me for not responding to the rest of your puken propaganda.

Actually it was a part of the Ukrainian sovereign state.... after Stalin starved 4 million Ukrainians in '32. Puken is attempting his own Holodomor.

Stalin was a Georgian. Not a Russian. His internal security minister Beria was also a Georgian. These guys imposed the famine on Ukraine.
Plenty of Russians were living in Ukraine at the time, because they've always lived there. They starved to death too.

Excuse me for not responding to the rest of your puken propaganda.
I understand - you have no confidence in your case.

you have no confidence in your case.
my "case" was that commie trolls making complaint about asset seizure is pure comedy gold.

Last edited:
my "case" was that commie trolls making complaint about asset seizure is pure comedy.
commie troll is your straw man -- Lefty Dems calling others commies is what's pure comedy.

"We're Dems! We want Universal Basic Income! But fail to support our foreign wars, and we'll call you a Commie Troll!" :rolleyes:

"We're Dems! We'll tell the rest of you that You Didn't Build That! But fail to support our foreign wars, and we'll call you a Commie Troll!" :rolleyes:

"We're Dems! We want Open Borders! But fail to support our foreign wars, and we'll call you a Commie Troll!" :rolleyes:

"We're Dems! We do business with CCP in Beijing! But fail to support our foreign wars, and we'll call you a Commie Troll!" :rolleyes:

You're talking about the "Zero Tolerance" law that Ron put in since the start of the War on Drugs. I still remember when people first started complaining when their cars were seized, etc.
Reagan's law wasn't seizing peoples' bank accounts, like they were Canadian truckers.

I need to understand the contours of the morality here. Whose property is seizable and whose is not?

Is it a country of laws, or a country of capricious edicts?

America's respect for property rights matters -- the credibility of its financial system rests on this.
Who will trust the United States to keep their money there, if they can't trust property rights?

You posted nothing about bank accounts.

You posted seizing private property.

You posted nothing about truckers in Canada.

You went on and on about russian oligarchs.

You posted nothing about middle class workers.

You posted about oligarchs aka the one percent.

I post about how America has been seizing private property since reagan and that no republican has ever had a problem with it and you change the subject.

How typical.

I try to have a substantial debate with you but it is impossible to do that.

I'm done with you.

I know you conservatives need to get the last word so go for it. Reply to this and have your last word.

I won't read or reply to it.

I'm mature and secure enough in the truths I've posted and have no need for a last word.

So go for it. I won't stop you.

I'll just laugh at you.

I didn't support the Bush wars.......why would I?

🤷‍♂️

But the relative difference in your reaction to the different wars couldn't be more of a contrast.

"Bush illegal invasion of Iraq: zzzz... not gonna support... but... zzzzzz
Putin illegal invasion of Ukraine: Whoa! Shit just got real! This is an atrocity! This is an outrage! To arms, gentlemen -- To Arms!! It's time for WW3!! 😤

But the relative difference in your reaction to the different wars couldn't be more of a contrast.
I'm relying on the fact that this invasion by Russia has shown huge levels of indiscriminate artillery, rocket and tanks fire, cluster bombs.... into civilian areas, just like Chechnya, whereas the US invasion was precision targeting of military/strategic sites and the (horribly bad) attempt at forming a new govt.
"Bush illegal invasion of Iraq: zzzz... not gonna support... but... zzzzzz
Putin illegal invasion of Ukraine: Whoa! Shit just got real! This is an atrocity! This is an outrage! To arms, gentlemen -- To Arms!! It's time for WW3!! 😤
No, again, I haven't made any suggestion that either invasion was or is justified, quite the opposite, and I don't want any escalation of this current illegal war.

I think if anything, you are trying to escalate.

Back
Top Bottom