• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's Missing

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm putting this here because frankly, I don't understand why it's not on every front page in the world.

Missing Persons Statistics and Facts — 2,300 a Day — Crime Library on truTV.com

eports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

For example, the federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001. All but about 50,000 were juveniles, classified as anyone younger than 18.

FBI Stats on Missing Persons:

FBI — NCIC Missing Person and Unidentified Person Statistics for 2010

The number differ somewhat in the two reports but, still an astonishing number of people who simply disappear.

I'm putting this here because frankly, I don't understand why it's not on every front page in the world.

eports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

For example, the federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001. All but about 50,000 were juveniles, classified as anyone younger than 18.

The number differ somewhat in the two reports but, still an astonishing number of people who simply disappear.

Some of those 'missing' are voluntary... just decide to walk away from it all and start a new life.

The ones that truly concern me are the minors, many who end up on the street just trying to survive.

Some of those 'missing' are voluntary... just decide to walk away from it all and start a new life.

The ones that truly concern me are the minors, many who end up on the street just trying to survive.

We have a lot of homeless here in the Austin TX area but, most are not all that young.

Here's a local young lady who disappeared in 2002 with out a trace even though it was widely publicized.

Help Find Rachel Cooke

We have a lot of homeless here in the Austin TX area but, most are not all that young.

Here's a local young lady who disappeared in 2002 with out a trace even though it was widely publicized.

Help Find Rachel Cooke

We have a small pockets of them in the Knoxville area, but not a huge number. Several shelters serve most of them, thankfully.

There has been a billboard up on I-40 for years now, a missing girl from Univ. of TN. I don't believe she's ever been found.

Metro areas like Chicago and NY and SF most likely have the highest numbers. Destinations with bright lights and big dreams.....

We have a small pockets of them in the Knoxville area, but not a huge number. Several shelters serve most of them, thankfully.

There has been a billboard up on I-40 for years now, a missing girl from Univ. of TN. I don't believe she's ever been found.

Metro areas like Chicago and NY and SF most likely have the highest numbers. Destinations with bright lights and big dreams.....

Yep, I suspect some have been abducted and used as sex slaves and such for Arabs or drug Cartels.

Or like those 3 girls who recently escaped from that Castro guy.

It's the damn aliens again isn't it? Weren't cows enough for them?

Yep, I suspect some have been abducted and used as sex slaves and such for Arabs or drug Cartels.

From the things that I've read, those usually brought into the slave trade are already runaways, where no one is going to really notice them missing. Sort like the missing go missing, if you know what I mean.

Abductions are usually moments of opportunity, rather than stalking and pinpointing one that they want, unless it's a custodial abduction.

Still, too little attention is paid to those that just.... disappear.

Who do you think is dissecting those cows?....missing people. :(

Strange people to do such a thing. If I was missing I wouldn't be dissecting cows, I'd be on a beach, surround with loads of hotties wearing just about nothing. That's the only way to go missing.

Statistics on missing children daunting : The hunt for Lyric and Elizabeth

5006c54ec9f1d.preview-620.jpg

Strange people to do such a thing. If I was missing I wouldn't be dissecting cows, I'd be on a beach, surround with loads of hotties wearing just about nothing. That's the only way to go missing.

I hear ya. Unfortunately, I doubt most of these folks are having a good time.

Cool thread.

I've pondered this issue many times.

Some people just fall of the face of the earth.

I believe in aliens, and I belive some people were abducted and never returned (or didn't want to return).

I'm serious.

Allot of people ask: "if aliens exist why don't they just show themselves."

As a benevolent alien would you show yourself to this ****ed up world?

We're only consistently at war with one another (humans) over differences in ideology. What kind of incentive is that for an a different intelligent life form to even make contact when odds are we will kill it.

Humanity isn't even remotely close to even accepting the idea that we're not alone.

A cop I knew said they suspect a LOT of the missing are chained up in somebodys basement.

That it happens a lot more than people think.

The captors screwing up is about the only way they're caught.

What exactly does it mean to have 'misunderstood or miscommunicated' plans? . . . which really means that the reason could fit into any of the other categories, doesn't it?

It has something to do with parents or whoever making reports too soon. IIRC, in some place you need to wait 3 days to report a missing adult. Children can be reported much sooner.

It has something to do with parents or whoever making reports too soon. IIRC, in some place you need to wait 3 days to report a missing adult. Children can be reported much sooner.

Some adults just go missing and are never found.

I've read many reports of people my age (33) just dropping off the face of the earth.

Some adults just go missing and are never found.

I've read many reports of people my age (33) just dropping off the face of the earth.

Considering some of the situations people find themselves in, disappearing is the best option.

Back
Top Bottom