• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's image plummets abroad

Does it matter to you that America is now thought of poorly around the world?

• Yes, I want the world to think well of America

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about America

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Part of Trump's appeal to his base is that he could care less what anyone thinks of him while also caring too much about what others think of him. He is a study in opposites. On the one hand, he craves attention and admiration. Since he rarely gets it from the people he desperately wants it from, he lashes out at them like a child. This duality is at the core of his base as well. They see in Trump the jerk they know is socially unacceptable but so satisfying to these tormented souls. There is nothing Trump can do or say that this base will not accept gleefully.

Since Donald Trump took office as president, the image of the United States has suffered across many regions of the globe. As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners. In several countries, the share of the public with a favorable view of the U.S. is as low as it has been at any point since the Center began polling on this topic nearly two decades ago.

U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly | Pew Research Center

Does it matter to you that America is now thought of poorly around the world?

Does it hurt America?

I'll give a similar reply when anti-American piece of shit globalists asked the same question when Bush was president. I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of America. I am a not a globalist. I do not give a shit that leftists around the world do not like our republican president.

I'll give a similar reply when anti-American piece of shit globalists asked the same question when Bush was president. I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of America. I am a not a globalist. I do not give a shit that leftists around the world do not like our republican president.

Yes we know people like you don't care about other people, we are reminded of it every day with every tweet.

Yes we know people like you don't care about other people, we are reminded of it every day with every tweet.

I care about other people. I don't give a rats ass what piece of shit anti-American globalists think of our country.

I care about other people. I don't give a rats ass what piece of shit anti-American globalists think of our country.

Then apparently you don't care about other people do you? You cannot have it both ways. You might want to consider that the world is not anti-American, they are anti-Trump and what he represents. They are two separate items. The goodwill that America has built up across the world since WW2 is at risk today. They thought we were worthy of admiration but now they wonder who we really are deep down. Any nation that could elect a man like Trump is risking everything they once stood for in pursuit of what exactly? Nothing.

Then apparently you don't care about other people do you? You cannot have it both ways. You might want to consider that the world is not anti-American, they are anti-Trump and what he represents. They are two separate items. The goodwill that America has built up across the world since WW2 is at risk today. They thought we were worthy of admiration but now they wonder who we really are deep down. Any nation that could elect a man like Trump is risking everything they once stood for in pursuit of what exactly? Nothing.
Again I could care less what piece of shit anti-American globalist think.This bull shit question was asked when Bush was president.The only people who do care what piece of shit leftists in other countries think of the US are other piece of shit anti-American leftists.

Some of those who are anti american are the ones who like trump. The problem is that your qualifier of not caring about anti americans misses the point that many of the old allies who did like america now dislike your president.

Again I could care less what piece of shit anti-American globalist think.This bull shit question was asked when Bush was president.The only people who do care what piece of shit leftists in other countries think of the US are other piece of shit anti-American leftists.

Well, GW was liked by the world up until he invaded Iraq, then it was downhill for him and Tony Blair. History now shows that the war was a monumental disaster based upon lies. When we elected Obama, the world rejoiced together. He was even given a Peace Prize simply for being Obama, that is how much of a relief it was to the world that the Bush/Cheney regime was gone. But no one really thought GW was a mean or nasty or uncaring person, they just disagreed with his policies. With Trump the world sees a maniac, a sociopath with no moral foundation and no interest in working with others at all. Compared to the right wing of America, the entire Western World is leftist. Maybe that should give you pause to think a bit and reflect upon your value systems. After all, we are a young nation, the rest of Western Civilization created us and gave us their history as a foundation for our experiment. We can learn from them if we try.

Back
Top Bottom