• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's image plummets abroad

Does it matter to you that America is now thought of poorly around the world?

• Yes, I want the world to think well of America

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about America

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it's actually fact... Google it, it will pop right up in MSM, trusted sources

Never believe polls. I used to conduct them. I once got a majority of respondents to say they supported reinstituting slavery in the U.S.

Since Donald Trump took office as president, the image of the United States has suffered across many regions of the globe. As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners. In several countries, the share of the public with a favorable view of the U.S. is as low as it has been at any point since the Center began polling on this topic nearly two decades ago.

U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly | Pew Research Center

Does it hurt America?

Yes, it does. It especially hurts our manufacturing exports, which trump promised in 2016 to improve.

Instead, we now have the worst trade deficit since the Great Recession. So much winning. :doh

Never believe polls. I used to conduct them. I once got a majority of respondents to say they supported reinstituting slavery in the U.S.

you must have polled mainly democrats

while Trump haters will latch onto any "news" they think they can use to whine about Trump.

Such as....teleprompters and basements? Oh wait, that's the Trump's Deranged Supporter's whine.

We need to always remember the central message of a person who was closer to Donald Trump than almost anyone else and was his fixer for over a decade. Michael Cohen stresses that nothing Trump does makes any sense until you get it in your head that he is the ultimate conman for who beliefs and truth and principles have no meaning other than what Trump sees as being good for him at that particular point in time.

This is why he can tell Bob Woodward he underplayed the corona virus on one date and then tell the nation he overplayed it when that scenario seems to work better for him.

We must always remember that is Trumps motivation and god.

Sounds like you used push polling.

A lot of people don't know about push polls...

"...Push polling is a public-opinion survey technique, typically conducted by telephone, used to influence voters by asking specific questions about an issue or a candidate. Under the guise of an objective opinion poll, loaded questions are posed to mislead or bias the listener against an opposing candidate or political party. The American Association for Public Opinion Research has condemned push polling as unethical and misleading.[1]..."

Push polling - Ballotpedia

Push poll - Wikipedia

Sounds like you used push polling.

A lot of people don't know about push polls...

Actually on an extremely controversial subject is more important about what you AVOID saying than what you do say. For example if you avoid using the words "slavery" or anything about race it makes your poll questions much, much more likely to evoke a positive response.

Not only has the international image and reputation of the US been tarnished and trashed under Donald Trump, but Trump polls even worse than Vladimir Putin.

More People Worldwide Trust Putin Than Trump – Pew

That is well beyond BAD.

It says more about the idiocy of the respondents than it does about Trump.

But there is another more insidious reason for it. I remember back during the worst of the Cold War respondents would often say more favorable things about Soviet dictators than American presidents. It was believed that there was an underlying tension among the respondents that "we have to be nice to the Russians or they might start a world war", while of course no one had any such worries about an American president.

I, for one, think it's about time America learns that the rest of the world will get along just fine without it's support. America has fallen into it's own trap of arrogance and conceit.

fact is, Trump is considered a threat by allies.

sad ****

deplorable

Who cares what other countries think?

Everyone should care! We're supposed to lead the world in doing what's right, what's fair and defending freedoms of all kinds. Until Trump (and except for maybe W) the world looked to the US as the shining example for democracy, truth and justice. Now? Laughingstocks! Another great legacy moment for Trump.

I not much for buying friendship. It is time America looked out for the people of this country. Plus we have our hands full right now with the democrats shutting down our country and destroying our economy.

LOL! Democrats are responsible for the Covid disaster? For shutting down our country? Over the past 40 years the economy has tanked only when there was a Republican president. It's amazing that anyone could say Dems are responsible for shutting down the country! Living in a bubble!

About what?

People abroad watch CNN trash Trump 24/7. I’m not sure why it’s ethical that we broadcast it to other nations.

If people internationally watched Fox, they would think Trump was a hero.

The only thing we should be broadcasting internationally is neutral news. Otherwise, this is what happens.

I’m not saying Fox is neutral BTW if that’s what you were asking.

So you're basically suggesting that we enforce a Pravda-like broadcast arrangement?

Since Donald Trump took office as president, the image of the United States has suffered across many regions of the globe. As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners. In several countries, the share of the public with a favorable view of the U.S. is as low as it has been at any point since the Center began polling on this topic nearly two decades ago.

U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly | Pew Research Center

Does it hurt America?

Not prone to bashing America like so many Trump haters are, I do not accept that America's image has suffered.
Basically, this is just another Trump-bashing thread like so many others.
Last year we traveled around China for three weeks and enjoyed the friendships we made with so many Chinese in many different cities.
Those who have not traveled to Europe or Asia like we have, have a difficult time separating what regular people think about America from what pseudo foreign critics think about America.
Why are there so many millions of foreigners still trying to get into our country?
Is it because they don't like us? Or is it because they see America as a lot more desirable than the ****hole countries they are trying to escape from? Whose opinion really counts when you ask what people think about America?

Does it hurt America?

Meanwhile, people risk life and limb to get here from around the world.

So you're basically suggesting that we enforce a Pravda-like broadcast arrangement?

I think that broadcasting anti-Trump programming overseas, especially to our adversaries, compromises our national security.

I'm completely for Freedom of the Press, but I don't think it applies internationally.

What double standard? Americans should care what other countries think of them and other countries should care what America thinks of them. When there is mutual hatred, we should try to work through this rather than acting like a child on the playground and simply throwing our hands up and saying "I don't care!"

The only hatred of the U.S. that is observable is the hatred from terrorist countries like Iran that will try whenever they can to foment terrorism against those countries supporting the West.
So they don't think Trump represents the best image of our government. So what?
What are they going to do ? Not trade with us? Not accept our foreign aid? Say unfriendly things about our president? Quit NATO because they don't like how Trump is treating them?
Why in the hell should we care what other countries say or think about us?
We have enough worries about those terrorist nations that are actively planning to do us harm.

The person who started this thread is a veteran Trump-hater who never misses an opportunity to bash our duly elected president. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to write what I think about our country and those who do not like our country.

Of course, a nation's position in the world matters to that countries well being.

And how exactly does a nation's position in the world determine that country's well being?
In what areas? Economy, trade, diplomatic relations?
I really would like to know.
For eight years there were foreign leaders and dignitaries who thought Obama was a naive boob when it came to dealing with other countries. We survived that.
What I worry about is surviving some of the fiscal and foreign policies that Biden is alluding to.
Not that he understands what he is talking about. But his Leftist minions are the real danger.

of course it hurts america.... it hurts in the pocketbook sooner or later

we designed the new world order post ww2 for us to be the center of it

this brought the greatest standard of living the world ever saw

you can't thrive as we have in isolationism which is what Trump is doing

Where is Trump being isolationist? We are still the leader of NATO.
We are brokering peace deals in the Middle East.
Pulling out of the flawed Iran nuclear deal and the Paris Climate Accord were smart moves on Trump's part.
That is not being isolationist. That is being wise and prescient.

Where is Trump being isolationist? We are still the leader of NATO.
We are brokering peace deals in the Middle East.
Pulling out of the flawed Iran nuclear deal and the Paris Climate Accord were smart moves on Trump's part.
That is not being isolationist. That is being wise and prescient.

you are not being objective...

we are no longer the free world leader, Germany is

Back
Top Bottom