• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's future

What scares you the most about America's future?

• Total voters
There are a number of things that worry me about America's future including:

1. We've become so divided that there really isn't anything that unites us anymore. The last time this country was really united was in the days following 9/11...and, of course, Democrats began to undermine that almost immediately.

2. The fact that we don't teach American history to our kids anymore. I believe what Woodrow Wilson said when he stated, "A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today, nor what it is trying to do. We are trying to do a futile thing if we do not know where we came from or what we have been about.”

3. The exit of Judeo / Christian values from our society. We can no longer agree on what is "right" or "wrong" anymore as we no longer have any common standard to define those terms.

4. The lack of civility in our society. Saul Alinsky's lessons have been learned and learned well by Leftist and include:

a) Rule 11: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don't try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

b) Rule 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

5. Politicians that encourage Marxist riots in the streets (BLM, Antifa, Other Assorted Assholes) while simultaneously defunding the police and attacking our Second Amendment Rights. People make better subjects when they are unarmed, unprotected and scared.

6. Our government's complete lack or respect for private ownership in our country. I give you excessively high tax rates and Kelo vs. City of New London as evidence.

That should do for now...

When I voted for “radical right” in the poll, I was more thinking of the violence that might occur from radicalised Republicans. But the mentality on display in this post is also concerning. A complete divorce from reality.

1. We've become so divided that there really isn't anything that unites us anymore. The last time this country was really united was in the days following 9/11...and, of course, Democrats began to undermine that almost immediately.

2. The fact that we don't teach American history to our kids anymore. I believe what Woodrow Wilson said when he stated, "A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today, nor what it is trying to do. We are trying to do a futile thing if we do not know where we came from or what we have been about.”

3. The exit of Judeo / Christian values from our society. We can no longer agree on what is "right" or "wrong" anymore as we no longer have any common standard to define those terms.

4. The lack of civility in our society. Saul Alinsky's lessons have been learned and learned well by Leftist and include:

a) Rule 11: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don't try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

b) Rule 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

5. Politicians that encourage Marxist riots in the streets (BLM, Antifa, Other Assorted Assholes) while simultaneously defunding the police and attacking our Second Amendment Rights. People make better subjects when they are unarmed, unprotected and scared.

6. Our government's complete lack or respect for private ownership in our country. I give you excessively high tax rates and Kelo vs. City of New London as evidence.

Do you believe that Trump won the 2020 presidential election?

Simple enough question.
Everyone seems to think the U.S. is going into the toilet, either because of extremism on the Right or the Left or because of climate change or wokeness or civil discourse or the threat of civil war. Simply, EVERYONE has a beef. And everyone predicting it is getting worse. So, in your humble opinion, what scares you the most about America's future?

Choices above in the poll section.

If none fit, what else scares you about America's future?

The founders of this country were children of the European enlightenment: this was the idea that if we lay aside superstition, ignorance, and petty tribalism, and instead embrace reason, science, and education, there is no limit as to how far humanity can progress. These ideas were first born in Europe, but the US was the first place they could be implemented- because we didn't have the kings right here. It was easier to cast off their yoke and start something fresh. But eventually, over the course of the next century or so, these ideas were implemented in Europe as well. The results have been dramatic: the western world, where these ideas were implemented, grew exponentially economically and scientifically, and have become very happy and prosperous places to live- where now lots of people from the rest of the world long to live as well.

Those ideas of the enlightenment on which this country was founded are now under siege in the west, but especially here in the US. Very worrisome.

Simple enough question.
Everyone seems to think the U.S. is going into the toilet, either because of extremism on the Right or the Left or because of climate change or wokeness or civil discourse or the threat of civil war. Simply, EVERYONE has a beef. And everyone predicting it is getting worse. So, in your humble opinion, what scares you the most about America's future?

Democracy being hurt (its already happening) BECAUSE of the Radical Right, Trumpism and their violence.

Now 2 things with that said

1.) its not really that much of a "fear" because they cant pull it off long-term it things totally hit the fan but i don't want that type of violence to happen that would to rid ourselves of them.
2.)and this needs to be VERY clear, Radical Right and Trumpism is NOT representative of everyday people on the right. I know lots of them and they too mock those morons.

When I voted for “radical right” in the poll, I was more thinking of the violence that might occur from radicalised Republicans. But the mentality on display in this post is also concerning. A complete divorce from reality.
You will ALWAYS have a few posters, on any forum, that just regurgitate rightwing talking points. It's not like they have the ability to think, or consider multiple points of view, they just mimic what they have been told by Fox and other rightwing media.

this is a perfect example of whats wrong with politics today, ones ability to believe tinfoil hat lunacy like this and think its reality based
luckily nutter views like this are not the majority and honest educated objective people don't fall for it

Simple enough question.

I selected a few things that scare me. I don't like the direction that the citizens of Trump Fan Nation are taking this country.

This below is already present in the US and is spreading at a very fast rate. I predict this will be everywhere in less than a decade and there is nothing that can be done to stop it. The damage has been done.

homelessness-2-gty-er-190612_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

Simple enough question.

Poll missed my answer, namely, China’s ascendancy.

I might be concerned, or you might be concerned, but when you listen to the hyperbole from both sides, it does sound scary ;)
I’m just kinda annoyed. I’ve always known what we’re seeing now was coming. And I kinda been preparing all my life. Or was. Friends talked me down.

And now I’m too old to enjoy making them regret it. It’ll just be an ugly job.

But somebody has to do it. And I have plans and strategies.

But I’ll be pissed that I have to.

Poll missed my answer, namely, China’s ascendancy.
I stopped worrying about that because:

I stopped worrying about that because:

Yeah, Western media has an article weekly about the imminent collapse of China. it’s been at it for some 20 years now. And yes, China isn’t perfect. They sometimes have off-years with GDP growth that’s only double ours. They annually make a bad policy decision just like we make a bad policy decision every month. And whereas we plan weeks to months in advance, they are saddled with having to plan years in advance.

And yet, they are now the de facto global economic and manufacturing power on the planet. In three decades time they also will become the global technological power on the planet. In five decades time they also will become the global military power on the planet.

That worries me more than ‘extreme right’ and Bernie Bros.

Yeah, Western media has an article weekly about the imminent collapse of China. ...
And american media is always saying that the US economy is great. Chinese media is saying China's economy has never been better and the west is about to collapse. So, do we trust chinese propaganda, or do we trust american propaganda, or do we simply not trust any propaganda? I personally wouldn't bet the farm on either one, but if asked which country has a brighter future after a collapse, I would bet on China.

And american media is always saying that the US economy is great. Chinese media is saying China's economy has never been better and the west is about to collapse. So, do we trust chinese propaganda, or do we trust american propaganda, or do we simply not trust any propaganda? I personally wouldn't bet the farm on either one, but if asked which country has a brighter future after a collapse, I would bet on China.
Why trust any propaganda when in the 21st century we can look at raw data directly?

Why trust any propaganda when in the 21st century we can look at raw data directly?
If someone presented raw data coming from the CCP would you trust it? Do you trust the raw data coming from the Federal Reserve?

It is not imaginary.
The national debt is a nonsense number absent the balance of trade and a proper understanding of who the creditors are. Mexico is a creditor. It is also at the same time a debtor. Understand?

Why in the world would you attack him for a very sane response? National debt should be the concern of every country. The fact that economics is not even mentioned in this poll is very telling.
Attack? Please. The 'national debt', especially in perfervid metallist or neo-antigreenbacker phantasmagorias, is a wholly imaginary concept, and used mostly as a moral cudgel to try to shame other idiots into thinking that the real capital of the people and federal government of the US is just like a meager, two earner household budget.

Last edited:
Civil discourse.

The fringe is a minority of both major political parties.
The VAST majority of Americans live "in the middle"

Unfortunately, the fringe minorities are not only loud...but are amplified by social media, '24/7 news' channels, etc.

The national debt is a nonsense number absent the balance of trade and a proper understanding of who the creditors are. Mexico is a creditor. It is also at the same time a debtor. Understand?

The way you are speaking to me is very rude. Understand?

The National Debt Affects Everyone​

Given that the national debt has recently grown faster than the size of the American population, it is fair to wonder how this growing debt affects average individuals. While it may not be obvious, national debt levels directly affect people in at least five ways.

The fifth reason is the one to worry about the most. Lose your political power and this will lead to loss of reserve status which will make USA a third world nation basically overnight.

Back
Top Bottom