• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americas Enemies

Who are the enemies of the United States?

• Total voters
I try to differentiate between 'enemies' and 'competitors' and 'threats'

I imagine one could define an enemy as someone actively conveying their intent / desire to destroy you. To that end, North Korea and Iran would be clear enemies. China and Russia are competitors, and to varying degrees threats, and that competition can lead to similar outcomes, but I think the intent is different so I would not call them enemies.

I'm not sure whether I'd call Trumpers an enemy of the United States or merely a threat to it.

Who has the biggest impact on actual lives on Americans? The republicans, so it is them by far since they are ****ing up american lives the most

The enemies are: Russia, China, N. Korea, and Iran.

The undocumented are not enemies, for they want to live here, which is heaven compared with their homelands.
Most Democrats are not enemies, for they dream of a Utopia of peace and happiness and equality.
Most Republicans are not enemies, for they feel that the less government the more personal freedom.
Minorities are not enemies, for they know they have it better here than in any other nation, and they know that they will soon comprise the majority of Americans.

Who has the biggest impact on actual lives on Americans? The republicans, so it is them by far since they are ****ing up american lives the most

Well the republican electorate sure is a misguided, misinformed, poorly educated bunch. But I really don't think they are an intentional enemy of America. Now those controlling them through their hatred, bigotry and fear (the right wing media) could be called traitors to their country.

As for republican politicians. They are just a lazy bunch trying to keep their cushy jobs by telling their voter base what they want to hear while catering to their rich donors. Just a bunch of sleezy crooks that should be voted out and would be if that white working class voter ever understood what Republicans have really done to them.

Listen to what "Benghazi Gowdy's" guest says about "Putin apologist" Macgregor, Trump's last ambassador-designate to Germany
and read the rest of this post and then post that it was a "set back" to America and the world that Biden is in the White House and not
Trump, or that there is a greater, IMMEDIATE National Security threat than the current G.O.P.

Trump 'Terminates' Secretary Of Defense Mark Esper - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2020/11/09 › trump-terminates-sec...
Nov 9, 2020 — Defense Secretary Mark Esper has been "terminated," President Trump wrote in a tweet, and will be replaced by Christopher C. Miller, ...

Off the Rails: Trump’s failed 11th-hour military withdrawal campaign

A behind-the-scenes look at former President Trump’s unprecedented clash with the Pentagon.
www.axios.com

www.axios.com
Jonathan Swan, Zachary Basu
May 16, 2021 - Politics & Policy

Episode 9: Trump's war with his generals​

"..John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

1. Get us out of Afghanistan.

2. Get us out of Iraq and Syria.

3. Complete the withdrawal from Germany.

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

As head of the powerful Presidential Personnel Office, McEntee had Trump's ear. Even so, Macgregor was astonished. He told McEntee he doubted they could do all of these things before Jan. 20.

"Then do as much as you can," McEntee replied.

In Macgregor's opinion, Miller probably couldn't act on his own authority to execute a total withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Afghanistan because he was serving in an acting capacity. If this was for real, Macgregor told McEntee, then it was going to need an order from the president.

The one-page memo was delivered by courier to Christopher Miller's office two days later, on the afternoon of Nov. 11. .."

Last edited:
The enemies are: Russia, China, N. Korea, and Iran.

The undocumented are not enemies, for they want to live here, which is heaven compared with their homelands.
Most Democrats are not enemies, for they dream of a Utopia of peace and happiness and equality.
Most Republicans are not enemies, for they feel that the less government the more personal freedom.
Minorities are not enemies, for they know they have it better here than in any other nation, and they know that they will soon comprise the majority of Americans.

Yes, I'm totally sure Carlos Slim and Aliko Dangote would immigrate to the US so they can have it better here as minorities. Why it's a wonder they don't. 😅

I do not think the US has any “official” enemies at this juncture.

Plenty of problems, plenty of strained relationships - but no actual enemies just yet.

Give it a minute, we seem to be working on it at a rather fast pace.

Enemy is a tough word
these people are certainly not with us

Russia
China
N Korea
Iran
Other (elaborate if you want)

to varying degrees they want us to fail that's for sure and they do things to try and help that wish

Other - includes the nutters among the American population/politicians that are against democracy, rights and freedom, see the 1/6 insurrectionists for just one example

I do not think the US has any “official” enemies at this juncture.

Plenty of problems, plenty of strained relationships - but no actual enemies just yet.

Give it a minute, we seem to be working on it at a rather fast pace.
I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by,
..we seem to be working on it at a rather fast pace.

My last post supports that this is what Biden is working to dig out from under, if you have anything to the contrary related
to foreign relations, national security, or military policy actually supporting your innuendo, by all means, share it,

Donald Trump's White House 'Shit Sandwich' Problem - Esquire

https://www.esquire.com › news-politics › politics › news
Feb 17, 2017 — The last item was reportedly added by retired Vice Admiral Bob Harward while assessing the possibility of replacing the curiously unindictable ...

I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by,

My last post supports that this is what Biden is working to dig out from under, if you have anything to the contrary related
to foreign relations, national security, or military policy actually supporting your innuendo, by all means, share it,

Donald Trump's White House 'Shit Sandwich' Problem - Esquire

https://www.esquire.com › news-politics › politics › news
Feb 17, 2017 — The last item was reportedly added by retired Vice Admiral Bob Harward while assessing the possibility of replacing the curiously unindictable ...

Frankly, I think we appear weak based on our own internal problems...and that's been an issue for years.

If you rephrase "enemies" to "who presents the greatest danger to America" I think the answer is not the external countries. Maybe Russia just now given that Vlad has gone mad, but the real dangers are mainly internal.

Are the worst dangers from the Dems, the GOP, the Trumpers, the migrants? Depends on how you personally define America. From a personal view I consider the greatest current enemies to be poorly managed migration leading to negative cultural/economic impacts, and Trumpers leading to the erosion of democracy, plus economic/social failure.

so if we make China our enemy should we

make all American companies who have Chinese factories or business connections close down
make all American companies that buy Chinese product stop immediately

and

if the answer to both is yes

how do we prepare to pay for goods and services that would be double in price to current prices based upon cheap Chinese labor vs high American labor
how do we tell investors they can no longer expect those continual good dividends from the companies who invest in cheap Chinese labor

and most important

can we deal with the global depression such moves would create

The biggest enemy of America is our unwillingness to change for the better, our uncaring attitude towards justice, and unwillingness to even have basic accountability. Trump was right. He could shoot someone on 5th avenue and he would get away with it.

People who think that members of an opposing political party are enemies are the problem. Get a life people, its politics, not sports.

People who think that members of an opposing political party are enemies are the problem. Get a life people, its politics, not sports.
I just take em at their word.

Actually right wing Republicans are presently at war with America.

The evidence is all around you.

My only hope is that they lose!

Actually right wing Republicans are presently at war with America.

The evidence is all around you.

My only hope is that they lose!
Actually, you demonstrate what I posted.

so if we make China our enemy should we

make all American companies who have Chinese factories or business connections close down
make all American companies that buy Chinese product stop immediately

and

if the answer to both is yes

how do we prepare to pay for goods and services that would be double in price to current prices based upon cheap Chinese labor vs high American labor
how do we tell investors they can no longer expect those continual good dividends from the companies who invest in cheap Chinese labor

and most important

can we deal with the global depression such moves would create
Or, US "investors," the ones whose greed caused production equipment throughout the U.S. to be unbolted from the factory
floors, crated, and shipped to low labor, low labor protections and environmental regulations countries, and their vulture strategy
brethren could simply be made to settle for a smaller portion of the pie (circa 1960 taxation and IRS enforcement) as a result of the voting choices of an informed electorate?

An informed electorate would not have put up with "right to work" laws or abolition of the Fairness Doctrine.

Back
Top Bottom