• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America's Corporate Taxes are SO HIGH that... [W:49]

Yep, the whole corporate taxes are too high meme is another counterfactual talking point by the rightwing noise machine.

What's particularly funny is that despite all the knownothing tea party talking heads calling for eliminating or reducing corporate taxes, rich people continue to from C-corps, and not LLCs or other pass-throughs. So rich people still think corporations make financial sense. It's only the rightwing think tanks who argue otherwise.

Facebook paid $0 taxes in 2012 and got $429 million in tax refunds. While earning $1.1 BILLION in profits.

Our corporate taxes are too high, darn it!

Facebook Paid No Income Taxes In 2012: Report

so none of the people who earned money working for facebook paid taxes? their salaries did not contribute to other businesses etc? tell me are we better off having facebook around or not? the problem with the left is its parasitic attitude that businesses only exist to fund often wasteful government programs used to buy the left votes.

Yep, the whole corporate taxes are too high meme is another counterfactual talking point by the rightwing noise machine.

What's particularly funny is that despite all the knownothing tea party talking heads calling for eliminating or reducing corporate taxes, rich people continue to from C-corps, and not LLCs or other pass-throughs. So rich people still think corporations make financial sense. It's only the rightwing think tanks who argue otherwise.

rejected as contrary to logic and another silly anti capitalist moronic meme

again, corporations don't exist to fill the public tit with milk so the parasites and the unable can be fed by dem politicians

so none of the people who earned money working for facebook paid taxes? their salaries did not contribute to other businesses etc? tell me are we better off having facebook around or not? the problem with the left is its parasitic attitude that businesses only exist to fund often wasteful government programs used to buy the left votes.
Nothing you said refuted the fact that corporate taxes ARE NOT TOO HIGH. In fact they are nonexistent for many corporations.

Your nonsense of whether we are better off with or without Facebook is off topic and a straw-man argument to boot. Nobody argued that Facebook should not exist. No one. The point here is right wingers are lying when they say corporate taxes are too high.

If you're going to rant and panic, then at least stay on topic.

again, corporations don't exist to fill the public tit with milk so the parasites and the unable can be fed by dem politicians
So a corporation's purpose is to freeload off the rest of us. Gotcha. That makes you a parasite defender.

So a corporation's purpose is to freeload off the rest of us. Gotcha. That makes you a parasite defender.

that's just stupid. corporations provide jobs and wealth.

welfare recipients neither.

who do you think pays the bulk of the taxes in this country

Nothing you said refuted the fact that corporate taxes ARE NOT TOO HIGH. In fact they are nonexistent for many corporations.

Your nonsense of whether we are better off with or without Facebook is off topic and a straw-man argument to boot. Nobody argued that Facebook should not exist. No one. The point here is right wingers are lying when they say corporate taxes are too high.

you used one case and that is just moronic. Its like you citing the 47% who pay ZERO income taxes to dismiss the just complaints of those of us in the top one percent who pay more federal income taxes per person than millions upon millions of public tit suckers

Facebook paid $0 taxes in 2012 and got $429 million in tax refunds. While earning $1.1 BILLION in profits.

Is this like the welfare brood mares? No pot to pee in, but they keep downloading tax cre...err...children, which they can't afford?

This even funnier than your usual nonsequiturs.

Getting back on topic, the only ones clambering to cut corporate taxes are the rightwing think tanks. Meanwhile the top bracket keeps forming C-corps and keeps making money. Weird eh?

Corporate taxes ARE too high. This was a case of a tax loophole being exploited, not just normal corporate business. This happened because Zuckerman bought a boatload of shares at 6 cents apiece, but Facebook got to value them at 40+ dollars apiece as a cost.

Fix the loophole. But don't pretend this is typical of corporate taxes and that it's some sort of example of how coroporate taxes go because when you do that, you're the one that's lying.

This even funnier than your usual nonsequiturs.

Getting back on topic, the only ones clambering to cut corporate taxes are the rightwing think tanks. Meanwhile the top bracket keeps forming C-corps and keeps making money. Weird eh?

when I see virulent rants about the successful I wonder who you are really blaming for your lot in life

Racist liftoff, plus the welfare queen meme. All in one jampacked rightwing sentence.

How racist? Plenty of white welfare queens. Go ahead and pigeonhole the issue though. You're good at that.

you used one case and that is just moronic. Its like you citing the 47% who pay ZERO income taxes to dismiss the just complaints of those of us in the top one percent who pay more federal income taxes per person than millions upon millions of public tit suckers

WAIT!!! Are YOU in the top 1%???? Can I talk to you about my student loans??? LOL jk ;)

Racist liftoff, plus the welfare queen meme. All in one jampacked rightwing sentence.

horses are a race? far left meme-finding racism when no exists in order to stifle comments the left has a hard time rebutting

In all truth I just wish corporate entities would act with a little more enlghtened self-interest. Especially if they are incorporated here in America.

By that I mean I have no problem with the profit motive, but it seems self-defeating to me to cut-back on home-grown workers and industrial options here, in favor of shifting industry and hiring workers overseas. I know in the short-term this increases over-all profitability, but eventually, as jobs in the USA shrink while our population continues to increase, there won't be enough actual income to hold up the US market economy.

I'd be all in favor of tax breaks in exchange for re-industrializing America, and increasing blue-collar as well as white collar job opportunities.

In all truth I just wish corporate entities would act with a little more enlghtened self-interest. Especially if they are incorporated here in America.

By that I mean I have no problem with the profit motive, but it seems self-defeating to me to cut-back on home-grown workers and industrial options here, in favor of shifting industry and hiring workers overseas. I know in the short-term this increases over-all profitability, but eventually, as jobs in the USA shrink while our population continues to increase, there won't be enough actual income to hold up the US market economy.

I'd be all in favor of tax breaks in exchange for re-industrializing America, and increasing blue-collar as well as white collar job opportunities.

When you purchase are items made in the US?

When you purchase are items made in the US?

Honestly? I don't really know with so many "American" companies actually producing goods through factories and labor overseas. Even services are going overseas, at least insofar as customer services.

One example of the kinda thing that just pisses me off? Dell Computers...ever try to get customer service from an American when you have a problem with their systems? You can talk to someone in India, the Philippines, or Venezuela, but not from HERE! There aren't any...oh when it comes to SALES you have a chance. But after that, good luck.

Honestly? I don't really know with so many "American" companies actually producing goods through factories and labor overseas. Even services are going overseas, at least insofar as customer services.

One example of the kinda thing that just pisses me off? Dell Computers...ever try to get customer service from an American when you have a problem with their systems? You can talk to someone in India, the Philippines, or Venezuela, but not from HERE! There aren't any...oh when it comes to SALES you have a chance. But after that, good luck.

Then you're part of the problem. I'm sick and tired of people blaming corporations for moving overseas when they have no idea where the products they CHOOSE to purchase are manufactured. Look in the mirror before complaining about corporations outsourcing because it is all of us that are the cause...

Then you're part of the problem. I'm sick and tired of people blaming corporations for moving overseas when they have no idea where the products they CHOOSE to purchase are manufactured. Look in the mirror before complaining about corporations outsourcing because it is all of us that are the cause...
"Made in the USA" is becoming much more popular nowadays. In fact it is a selling tactic.

My family already puts 6 kids a year through Yale. :)
So what? My family put 8 kids through Yale and they formed an Alumni association, too!

Hell, my ancestors FOUNDED Yale! :)

Please, provide me with a list of every corporation whose production and employment is completely American and I will BUY from them. Of course I am not going to travel half way around the USA to get each item I need on a frequent basis. I bought into that Buy American ideal too. But when most corporations claim to be American because they might have some Koreans or Chinese assembling products in the USA using parts produced in their factories in India, China and Indonesia....what ya gonna do?

Back
Top Bottom