• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

America's Christian conservatives are not much different than Islamist fundamentalism

Are there any differences between the christian right and islamic radicals?

• Total voters
Re: America's Christian conservatives are not much different than Islamist fundamenta

No it's not.

The source was actually the Bible. The website just conveniently put the quotes together. Or do you deny that they are in the Bible?

And your source is somehow more valid than mine? Nope. And if you read the scriptures that are provided, it doesn't really do much to back up your point. Not that is, until you read the author's interpretation of those scriptures. My site doesn't need an explanation. My Bible passages are in black and white and do not require justification or some weird twists to make them work. Keep looking.

This is wrong.

That is a rather bizzare way of looking at religion. Tell me, how are Christians supposed to know how Jesus wants them to behave? Does he whisper it in their ear? Use some sort of telepathy? No...no...he must have left a book of instructions or something. I know. I shall call it....the Bible.

I see. So the OT was wrong, even though Jesus said to follow it. Paul was wrong, even though he was a cornerstone of the NT. What exactly do you want to count in your cherry-picked definition of Christianity? Only the stuff that preaches love and kindness? In that case, I only want to believe that stuff in the Koran. The other stuff...doesn't count.

Alright. Pointless. My source was not a collection of cherry picking, but of explanation. Yours was of cherry picking without any of the surrounding scriptures that interpret them. Prejudice against religion is as ignorant as prejudice from within religion.

Last edited:
Re: America's Christian conservatives are not much different than Islamist fundamenta

Alright. Pointless. Prejudice against religion is as ignorant as prejudice from within religion.

I see. So not only can you not make it any more simple for me understand, I am also ignorant. Wow. I hate to think how you treat your girlfriend. Oh wait...:roll:

Moving on past the insults, I am not prejudice against any religious followers. I know some very nice and kind Christians and Jews and while I don't know any Muslims, I'm sure there are some very decent ones out there. I don't hate them for the religion they follow because they don't follow the religion I hate. Let me expound. The religious people that I've come in contact with, for the most part, are intelligent enough to recognize that their religion was formed thousands of years ago when social norms were very different. They are comfortable cherry-picking what they want to follow out of the Bible, because they know all of it is not correct. That doesn't make their faith any less strong, on the contrary, asking questions and demanding answers from your religion makes you a better believer.

What I do have a problem with is the Christians that think their religion was "born" perfect. Those that do not want to take the time to analyze their Bible and so just assume that everything in it is correct and peaceful and loving. It's not. Based on the Bible, Christianity is just as violent as Islam based on the Koran. Both religions, and Judaism, are violent, bigotted and sexist. But it's the followers that can choose otherwise with the proper education.

I see. So not only can you not make it any more simple for me understand, I am also ignorant. Wow. I hate to think how you treat your girlfriend. Oh wait...:roll:

Moving on past the insults, I am not prejudice against any religious followers. I know some very nice and kind Christians and Jews and while I don't know any Muslims, I'm sure there are some very decent ones out there. I don't hate them for the religion they follow because they don't follow the religion I hate. Let me expound. The religious people that I've come in contact with, for the most part, are intelligent enough to recognize that their religion was formed thousands of years ago when social norms were very different. They are comfortable cherry-picking what they want to follow out of the Bible, because they know all of it is not correct. That doesn't make their faith any less strong, on the contrary, asking questions and demanding answers from your religion makes you a better believer.

What I do have a problem with is the Christians that think their religion was "born" perfect. Those that do not want to take the time to analyze their Bible and so just assume that everything in it is correct and peaceful and loving. It's not. Based on the Bible, Christianity is just as violent as Islam based on the Koran. Both religions, and Judaism, are violent, bigotted and sexist. But it's the followers that can choose otherwise with the proper education.

Movin' on......

Movin' on......

While that's certainly your right, I've posted some valid points that you have yet to counter. Though if you feel you cannot do so without insulting me, I would rather you move on.

Oh, no...no...no. So say's history. Christianity can trace its roots to 2,000 years ago. The life of Jesus Christ. Islam can trace its roots to 14 centuries ago. The life of Muhammed.

I don't necessarily believe that Jesus existed as described in the Bible. Most of the stories about the life of Jesus are simply not believable, and since not a SINGLE one of the so-called 'miracles' was caught on tape or DVD, I guess all you've got is faith to go on. Faith is not proof.
The Bible and the Qu'ran are man written tools. It doesn't matter what some Christians believe. History suggests something else. They may believe what they want, but it will not change history.
Thank you. This is true.

I did look it up and I provided a link. 41 bombings resulting in 7 people dead in the history of the Abortion clinic bombing phenomena in America and Canada. This fact flies in the face of those looking to compare the violence of Radical Islam to the violence of Radical Christianity. One could easily see that with 41 attacks amounting to only seven deaths, the intent is generally not of murder. When all is said and done, more is always said that done (a mirror of a "practical" terrorist as oppossed to an "apocalyptic" terrorist).

And since the topic is, "America's Christian conservatives are not much different than Islamist fundamentals" then it is important to show how different they are.

And the Mcdonalds crack was about how you were implying that Christian morality is "killing" children, which was supposed to be your reaching example on how similar they are to Islamic Radicals.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea there were so many bombings at the hands of Christians, thanks for that info. You claim Islam is more violent, yet admit a pretty horrific number of bombings based on Christian ideology. The interesting FACT is that it is very rare that you'll see a person killing or committing a violent act based on their 'faith'.

I think the true problem is the radical aspect of each religions and if we compare them to secular society, we see a pattern of violence that can directly be attributed to their religious beliefs. That is a fact.

"Faith-based organizations say we don't need any more research, we know enough now, we can be dogmatic, whereas researchers say we don't know enough now, investigate, research. Faith is a reason to become stupid: 'From this point forward, I will remain stupid.' To me, faith-based organizations are responsible for everything I see wrong with this planet. Research-based organizations are responsible for everything I like about it. Before the French Revolution, the average life expectancy was 37 years. Now it's 78 years. All due to research-based organizations. Not at all due to faith-based organizations. All faith-based organizations give you is George Bush. Research-based organizations give you cures for disease." ~ Robert Anton Wilson ~

There are many key differences between Christians and Muslims (Islamic Fundamentalists). While extreme examples of violence can be cited on both sides, Muslims seem to have developed hatred and violence in far more instances and in a greater percentage of its adherents. It is difficult to say which is more at fault for this, the Koran, Muslim religious leaders, or the leaders of Muslim nations. The Bible contains such things as love your enemies, bless them that curse you, and do good to them that spitefully use you. Is there anything comparable in the Koran? I am sure there are many good Muslims who love God and love their neighbors, but far too many have turned to violence and dedicated their lives to tearing down the American way of life. Why not better their own lives, go to college, make their own countries better? Surely there is a better cause than the one they are now engaged in.

She is mispeaking. The New Testament after the book of John is as suspect as the Old Testament. The Book of Revelation was not of Jesus. It was of Paul (who claimed to speak for Jesus).

This historically incorrect, it is very unlikely that any of the Gospels were written by anyone who knew Jesus personally and most were written at least 30+ years after Jesus's death, and even then we don't really have full copies until at least the 4th century.
And there are other books that were left out of the canon that have equal claims to validty as the canon like the gospel of Thomas.

Last edited:

This is false. Check your history. Islam exploded from the Arabian desert with such force-born of monotheist conviction-that it terrorized Europe for a thousand years. But Islam today counts only its own losses and not the destruction Muslim swords inflicted upon others.

Arabs make much of the crusades, a two century interlude of European meddling in the Levant, whose brief successes were enabled only by divisions among Muslims. But they fail to acknowledge that the streets ran with Christian blood too. And if Jerusalem was a blood bath then so was Constantinople much later. Europe's first attempt at overseas empire ended in grotesque failure. The Crusades did far more damage to Christiandom than they did to the realms of Islam. But facts count for nothing in Muslim minds desperate to explain their pervasive failure.

Are you aware of those thousand years where Islam pushed into Europe? The countless caliphates over centuries who conquered and demanded human sacrifice as the penalty for not converting? The Ottoman Empire? Even the Arab thrust into France in Islam's first burst of conquest posed far less of a danger to Christiandom than did the Sultans who fought their way from Bursa into the Balkans and, at last, into Hagia Sophia, the symbol of Byzantine and the greatest monument of Christianity's first thousand years (when Muslims rage about repossessing lost domains of their faith, one is tempted to note the Western claims on Constantinople, Antioch, Damnascus, Ephesus, and not least, Alexandria, where Christianity first discrovered how to substitute bureaucracy for Christ). But, of course, the west doesn't make issue of lost "holy" lands as the Mulsims world does and this is why even westerners are quick to offer sympathy to their claims.

The "Grand Turk" was the greatest scourge on Europe since the Black Death. The Balkans were gathered in under the sultan's banner. Constantinople's triple wall defense was breached. From Nicopolis to Mohacs Christian armies were devoured. Turkish fleets controlled the Mediteranean. The empire was spread throughout the Arab world and outposted East Africa. There was a brief encounter as far as India that changed the world. The struggles before the walls of Vienna in 1683 determined the fate of Europe. Crete belonged to the Ottoman's all the way up to 1898 and patches of the Balkans still remained Turkish until the early 20th century. The long conquest and recession of the Ottoman Empire extracted a terrible price in blood from both sides.

But for some very frustrating reason, the west seems to only make themselves aware of the brief crusade period (which Jews, Christians, and Muslims all were claiming the same land) and the 16th century (where Christians slaughtered themselves and "sinners") as they claim that Christiains killed more than Muslims. Maybe it's because the Muslim world places such an emphasis on the Crusades as their justification for revenge and grievance. This is false.
You tend to be talking of peoples that called themselves muslim and were violent for mainly political reasons.
I meant actual religious violence like the inquisition, but still if you add the violence of those who called themselves christian but were politically motivated it is far more than Islam.

There are many key differences between Christians and Muslims (Islamic Fundamentalists). While extreme examples of violence can be cited on both sides, Muslims seem to have developed hatred and violence in far more instances and in a greater percentage of its adherents. It is difficult to say which is more at fault for this, the Koran, Muslim religious leaders, or the leaders of Muslim nations. The Bible contains such things as love your enemies, bless them that curse you, and do good to them that spitefully use you. Is there anything comparable in the Koran? I am sure there are many good Muslims who love God and love their neighbors, but far too many have turned to violence and dedicated their lives to tearing down the American way of life. Why not better their own lives, go to college, make their own countries better? Surely there is a better cause than the one they are now engaged in.

But the Bible also contradicts those very statements in other places just like the Koran does. Both are guilty of the same things and both are equally violent. I just wish they would focus all their rage on each other, so the rest of secular society can live in peace.

I have yet to even hear a SINGLE muslim call me 'F*ggot', despite what the corporate media reports. The media is controlled by the same forces that brought us George Bush, which is why so many Christians today like to bash Islam. It gives them an excuse to favor US occupation and genocide of Iraq, by making it seem that Islam is 'evil'.

I have yet to even hear a SINGLE muslim call me 'F*ggot', despite what the corporate media reports. .
Yeah...that's because Radical Islamic Fundamentalists would just as soon cut your head off and forget about calling you any stupid names.

I'm sorry, QueerNation, let me amend the above statement...after a bit of research, I find it's likely they wouldn't "cut your head off." It is more likely that they would topple a stone wall on you and crush you to death. I hope that is some sort of consolation.;)

I'm sorry, QueerNation, let me amend the above statement...after a bit of research, I find it's likely they wouldn't "cut your head off." It is more likely that they would topple a stone wall on you and crush you to death. I hope that is some sort of consolation.;)

Can you give me an example of this happening in the US? I can't remember EVER hearing of any Muslim groups in the US who stoned a homosexual to death, though I did hear about a group of Christian males who CRUCIFIED a young man who was gay upon a barbed-wire fence. I also had a friend who was nearly beat to death by Christians because he 'looked like a fag'.

I would appreciate at least one reference to this happening by Islamic Americans.

I'll be waiting....

Can you give me an example of this happening in the US? I can't remember EVER hearing of any Muslim groups in the US who stoned a homosexual to death, though I did hear about a group of Christian males who CRUCIFIED a young man who was gay upon a barbed-wire fence. I also had a friend who was nearly beat to death by Christians because he 'looked like a fag'.

I would appreciate at least one reference to this happening by Islamic Americans.

I'll be waiting....

I think it has to do with the fact that most Muslims in America aren't ignorant like the Christians who attacked your friend or crucified that young man. Move to Iran, I'm sure you'll find plenty of ignorant Muslims who will topple a stone wall on you. At least in America there would be some legal recourse, but in Iran those who commit the act will be applauded.

Islam Watch - "Cruel Face of Islam: Malak Ghorbany's Tryst with Stoning to Death." by Susan MacAllen

Malak's brother and husband, however, walked into the house and found Morad still there. . . they then chased him down and stabbed him approximately 25 times, killing him. Then they returned to Morad, and using the same knife, stabbed her and beat her severely.

Under Article 64 of the Penal Code, such evidence is required to convict the woman of adultery and subject her to stoning.

A new trial began for Malak on December 24, 2006.

Ohh, they bury you with part of your body out of the ground, and throw rocks at you until you die :rofl. Takes a few hours before you die.

http://www.geocities.com/richard.clark32@btinternet.com/fariba1.jpg

THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC CONDEMNS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL TO STONING (Iran Press Service)

THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC CONDEMNS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL TO STONING

Islam and Women -- definitely read this article

35 year old Zarmina, executed by the Taliban. Before she was executed she was beaten for two days with steel rods until she confessed.

wow... I'm not showing the stoning pic since its to graphic, head is just full of blood, cant even see the face / eyes, its all broken.

Holy Crime, crime of clergy, clergical crime, Ecclesiastical crime, spiritual,purity, innocent, Iran, Iranian, Persia, Persian Culture, Art, History Land and People, Poetry, religion, Organizations and directories,Daneshjoo, Nothing but Iran

"Eye removal torture developed by Islamic Regime of Ayatollahs (Holy Crime). Victim Seyed Taghi Tabatabai, his hands are tied to the bed header... "

Have your eyeballs surgically removed...

Other torture methods such as pushing your toes and fingers all the way back and hitting them with a hammer (breaking your fingers and toes). Pouring burning liquid in your ear. Keeping you awake by beating you. Pulling out all of your toenails and fingernails. Breaking your neck. breaking/pulling out all of ur teeth, Etc...

KRSI: Radio Sedaye Iran راديو صدای ايران

Last edited:

I think it has to do with the fact that most Muslims in America aren't ignorant like the Christians who attacked your friend or crucified that young man. Move to Iran, I'm sure you'll find plenty of ignorant Muslims who will topple a stone wall on you. At least in America there would be some legal recourse, but in Iran those who commit the act will be applauded.

But gay marriage isn't legal in Iran, and it will be legal in the US in just a matter of time, and I can wait for a while and if not can always move to Mass. Iran actually isn't nearly as bad as Iraq from what I hear. And the problem with being gay in the middle east is almost exactly the same as it is in the US. Yes, the religious wackos kill homosexuals and usually the law does not step in, but that is exactly the way it is here in the US in many cases. Either place there are wackos in every religion. That is why it is so important to stop fundamentalism, not necessarily the religion itself. And it's also important to educate people about homosexuality so they aren't so ignorant, but when we try to do that in the US, the Christian fundies resort to whining hysterics. Just as they do every time there is a gay/straight alliance in any public school. These pepole do not deal well with democracy and freedom, so it would make much more sense for the Christian fundies to move to the middle east instead of homosexuals, they could be closer to people who behave similar to themselves. Doesn't that make better sense?

of course there are differences...

this thread is lame

of course there are differences...

this thread is lame

The difference is this: 'Mohammed=Jesus', 'Allah=God'.

End of discussion. I'd also bet on a stack of holy scriptures, that if you exchanged the words in the bible for the words in the koran, NEITHER side would notice for another 2000 years, yet they would still try to destroy one another comparing notes.

If only that would REALLY happen, the planet may finally know what it means to truly live in peace.

The difference is this: 'Mohammed=Jesus', 'Allah=God'.

End of discussion. I'd also bet on a stack of holy scriptures, that if you exchanged the words in the bible for the words in the koran, NEITHER side would notice for another 2000 years, yet they would still try to destroy one another comparing notes.

If only that would REALLY happen, the planet may finally know what it means to truly live in peace.
In the koran you have to twist the scriptures to make it sound like a peaceful religon. In the Bible you have to twist the scriptures to make it sound violent. You show your ignorance, the koran and the Bible ARE TOTALLY different. ..This thread is lame along with the arguement when anyone tries to compare the radical Islamo fascist that will kill you for being an infedel or even the wrong kind of Muslim. This comes from an angry gay person that will find any opportunity to take a swipe at Christians.

In the koran you have to twist the scriptures to make it sound like a peaceful religon. In the Bible you have to twist the scriptures to make it sound violent. You show your ignorance, the koran and the Bible ARE TOTALLY different. ..This thread is lame along with the arguement when anyone tries to compare the radical Islamo fascist that will kill you for being an infedel or even the wrong kind of Muslim. This comes from an angry gay person that will find any opportunity to take a swipe at Christians.

That is completely, 100% wrong. I swear, it's like half the "Christians" out there have never even read their own Bible. These require no "twisting" to make them violent:

Exodus 15:6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Exodus 21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exodus 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Exodus 23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come

Exodus 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

It goes on and on. As you can see, we are apparently commanded by the Christian God to stone homosexuals, unbelievers, and children who yell at their parents. The Bible has many, many more violent passages than the Koran, though to be fair, it is much longer.

As for the peaceful side of the Koran:

Each time they kindle the fire of war, Allah extinguishes it. They rush about the earth corrupting it. Allah does not love corrupters. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 64)

You who believe! Show integrity for the sake of God, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to heedfulness. Heed God (alone). God is aware of what you do. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 8)

Chapter 5, Verse 32: "f anyone slew a person—unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people."

There is violence and peace in both religions. It is up to the believers to use the part that speaks the most to them.

But you're TOTALLY incorrect. The bible is very blatant in it's scriptures that excuse violence, slavery, murder, the BURNING to death of children, even throwing feces at one another! Maybe it's time for you to crack the book, because you obviously don't know much about the bible. You don't have to 'twist' anything, it's there in plain black & white.

By the way: I don't have to find an 'opportunity' to take a swipe at Christianity, the hypocrisy of your leaders always does that for me quite well. Christians like Haggard do a better job of making the Evangelical movement look more absurd than any 'angry gay' could ever dream of.

QueerNation said:
But gay marriage isn't legal in Iran, and it will be legal in the US in just a matter of time, and I can wait for a while and if not can always move to Mass. Iran actually isn't nearly as bad as Iraq from what I hear. And the problem with being gay in the middle east is almost exactly the same as it is in the US. Yes, the religious wackos kill homosexuals and usually the law does not step in, but that is exactly the way it is here in the US in many cases. Either place there are wackos in every religion. That is why it is so important to stop fundamentalism, not necessarily the religion itself. And it's also important to educate people about homosexuality so they aren't so ignorant, but when we try to do that in the US, the Christian fundies resort to whining hysterics. Just as they do every time there is a gay/straight alliance in any public school. These pepole do not deal well with democracy and freedom, so it would make much more sense for the Christian fundies to move to the middle east instead of homosexuals, they could be closer to people who behave similar to themselves. Doesn't that make better sense?

You are missing the point of my last post, you said:

QueerNation said:
Can you give me an example of this happening in the US? I can't remember EVER hearing of any Muslim groups in the US who stoned a homosexual to death

and
QueerNation said:

I'll be waiting....

You don't suppose that attacks on homosexuals aren't perpetrated by Muslims here in the United States because there aren't very many of them do you? Here Christians are in the majority, so ignorant Christians do it. In the Middle East ignorant Muslims are in the majority, so they do it, but at least here you have a legal recourse.

QueerNation said:
And the problem with being gay in the middle east is almost exactly the same as it is in the US. Yes, the religious wackos kill homosexuals and usually the law does not step in, but that is exactly the way it is here in the US in many cases.
Prove that homosexuals are just as at risk in the US as they are in the Mid east.

That is completely, 100% wrong. I swear, it's like half the "Christians" out there have never even read their own Bible. These require no "twisting" to make them violent:

Exodus 15:6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Exodus 21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exodus 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Exodus 23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come

Exodus 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

It goes on and on. As you can see, we are apparently commanded by the Christian God to stone homosexuals, unbelievers, and children who yell at their parents. The Bible has many, many more violent passages than the Koran, though to be fair, it is much longer.

Each time they kindle the fire of war, Allah extinguishes it. They rush about the earth corrupting it. Allah does not love corrupters. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 64)

You who believe! Show integrity for the sake of God, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to heedfulness. Heed God (alone). God is aware of what you do. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 8)

Chapter 5, Verse 32: "f anyone slew a person—unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people."

There is violence and peace in both religions. It is up to the believers to use the part that speaks the most to them.
Yes what a great history lesson and you can ask the Jewish people about it, they still follow it. Christians follow the New Testament. It's true, God was very harsh back then until Jesus came and the New Testament with scriptures like "Love thy neighbor as thyself..." and "Turn the other check..." and " Love your enemies.."

You are missing the point of my last post, you said:

and

You don't suppose that attacks on homosexuals aren't perpetrated by Muslims here in the United States because there aren't very many of them do you? Here Christians are in the majority, so ignorant Christians do it. In the Middle East ignorant Muslims are in the majority, so they do it, but at least here you have a legal recourse.

Prove that homosexuals are just as at risk in the US as they are in the Mid east.

For the record, I never claimed that homosexuals in the US were treated the same or worse than homosexuals in the middle east. Many middle eastern countries are still not standing up against wacko religious groups that seek out homosexuals and murder them. So, yes -- there's a HUGE difference. The point I was making was that I have never heard of a single incident of gay bashing in the US perpetrated by ANY Islamic group, nor have I heard of any Islamic group in the US even making defamatory remarks towards the entirety of the gay community. That is just my own experience. I can name DOZENS of Christian extremist groups, including many that refer to themselves as 'pro-family' who have blatantly lied, skewed statistics and/or made UP 'statistics' as a way of defaming the entire gay community in the US right now. I can direct you to many incredibly blatantly homophobic and anti-gay web sites created by Christians as well. Can you direct me to even a single Islamic-based anti-gay group in the US that does this? I seriously doubt it, but I'm ready to look at one if you can find it.

I would never try to prove that gays are treated worse in the middle east compared to the US because I believe with every fiber of my being that they are far worse. Stop putting words in my mouth, please.

Thank you!

Yes what a great history lesson and you can ask the Jewish people about it, they still follow it. Christians follow the New Testament. It's true, God was very harsh back then until Jesus came and the New Testament with scriptures like "Love thy neighbor as thyself..." and "Turn the other check..." and " Love your enemies.."

Jesus also taught that he did not come to change the law, only to fulfill it. The Christian God is a bloodthirsty maniac who has only been moderated by the sacrifice of his 'Son'. Christians are only held in check by the influence of secular thought. Through this, they are shamed into interpreting that human sacrifice as having altered much more of their relationship with 'sinful' people than is actually warranted by the Bible itself.

Thank God for secular people.

Under Cover

"Under Cover"

Muslims consider the Torah as the dictated word from "God" to Moses. Where do you think Exodus and Leviticus are located? The Torah dictates the lineage and boundaries of israel for the establishment of that kingdom and its religious practice. Muslims ignore Moses and fight their own supposed "God", they have yet to provide a legitimate reason why.

What is the fascination with defending a humble and passive appearance, presenting appeal in knowingly being outnumbered, it remains silent to prevent alarm, all while seeking converts, and waiting patiently for the opportunity to assert the dominion of moral pretense characteristic of sanctimonious, fundamentalist organizations?

Without a blink a muslim majority would radically seek to raze the constitution and replace it with sharia law which cannot be extracted from the religion.
It took the Atlantic Ocean to escape theocracy.
Say you are a muslim today. And tomorrow recant it. It is a dare.
Or would you rather turn round six times in the dark, in front of a mirror, each time saying "Bloody Mary Bloody Mary"?
Either way, try not to lose your head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom