• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans Work from Home, Watch TV and Sleep

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So what needs to be done in order to be competitive?
For Americans who have nothing to do once their workdays end, watching television fills in many of the hours. Perhaps people have more time on their hands as many do not have to commute. People in the United States have moved further toward a sedentary and mindless existence, which is hardly what the nation needs as it struggles to compete with other countries in terms of productivity and continuing education.

Read more: Americans Work from Home, Watch TV and Sleep - 24/7 Wall St. Americans Work from Home, Watch TV and Sleep - 24/7 Wall St.

Those tv people are wasting time that they could be spending on message boards.

A friend of mine from college makes a pretty decent living working from home. They do interviews/articles with celebrities, reviews of DVD sets and TV shows, and what not. The celebrity calls them, they do the interview, and then viola--an article appears somewhere. My friend, however, has about doubled in size since beginning this career, so......yep.

I work from home and I'm slim and not lazy. It's all about making yourself exercise whether you want to or not and not eating all day long. Stick to eating at mealtimes and if you need to snack, have something like fruit or nuts or similar food that's low in calories.

I find that if you sit all day at work, vigorous cardiovascular exercise really helps keep the weight off too (like jogging, biking, etc.). At least that's what works best for me.

I work from home and I'm slim and not lazy. It's all about making yourself exercise whether you want to or not and not eating all day long. Stick to eating at mealtimes and if you need to snack, have something like fruit or nuts or similar food that's low in calories.

I find that if you sit all day at work, vigorous cardiovascular exercise really helps keep the weight off too (like jogging, biking, etc.). At least that's what works best for me.

I worked from home for awhile and I think being home all day was a big motivation to get out of the house and do something when work ended.

I worked from home for awhile and I think being home all day was a big motivation to get out of the house and do something when work ended.

It sure is. Also, I'll bet some of these people are sitting there with their bags of Doritos and their "diet" cokes, wondering "man, why am I not losing any weight? I'm drinking "diet" coke!" :lol:

That's why I have 3 monitors, so I can do both.

i usually have the TV going on in the background; usually news. i'll hear the same commercial for six months before i actually see it for the first time, lol.

it now takes me three to four nights to watch a movie.

my attention span has just grown so short that

i usually have the TV going on in the background; usually news. i'll hear the same commercial for six months before i actually see it for the first time, lol.

it now takes me three to four nights to watch a movie.

my attention span has just grown so short that

You can't finish a sentence? :lol:

Interesting. I wish I could work from home. I think I could get a lot more accomplished if I did. Television is nice, but even with cable, there's not much to watch. Seems we're out at ball games or some other sports activity, or doing yard work. No time to sit around and be sedentary. :lol:

Interesting. I wish I could work from home. I think I could get a lot more accomplished if I did. Television is nice, but even with cable, there's not much to watch. Seems we're out at ball games or some other sports activity, or doing yard work. No time to sit around and be sedentary. :lol:

I could get a lot more done if I just had a secretary that could do my work for me.

I'm not really fond of the idea of telling people what to do in their free time. Most of them just aren't going to be able to handle derivatives anyway, even if it's forced on them. Not watching TV also gives me an edge over the 99% who do.

Back
Top Bottom