• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Calls for strict gun control following a deadly week in America come despite new statistics that show gun deaths plummeting as sales of firearms soar.

According to the industry's trade group, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, homicides by gun have dropped 43 percent since 1991. Other crime with a gun such as robberies have decreased even more, by 70 percent since 1993.

In a graphic display of the numbers, NSSF also showed that unintentional deaths with a gun have dropped 82 percent.

Along the way, gun sales have soared to 140 million a year.
Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always' | Washington Examiner

Imagine that. Look at the graphs folks.

Thousands of additional guns being sold yearly ...no....monthly...............and gun crime dropping, big time.

Last edited:
And 41 percent of Americans say they have a gun in their home.

I doubt most people will actually admit to what they have..I don't. Most of my neighbors have no idea what I do, or own.

I bet that number is well over 50%...

And then we have obozo with forked tongue.......

Obama: Legal guns drive wedge between cops and communities

Legal ownership of weapons is creating tensions between police officers and communities, President Obama said to buttress his call for tighter gun laws.

"Part of what's creating tensions between communities and the police is the fact that police are having a really difficult time in communities where they know guns are everywhere," Obama said during a NATO press conference in Warsaw, Poland. "They have a right to come home, and now they have very little margin for error in terms of making decisions. So if you care about the safety of our police officers, then you can't set aside the gun issue and pretend that that's irrelevant."
Obama: Legal guns drive wedge between cops and communities | Washington Examiner

He is sooo Full of it! :2razz:

My city and my county, have some of the highest gun ownership in Oregon...and there are no tensions with our police and the community, because of it.

As a matter of fact, many officers suggest people buy a gun for protection because of the obvious.

And 41 percent of Americans say they have a gun in their home.

I doubt most people will actually admit to what they have..I don't. Most of my neighbors have no idea what I do, or own.

I bet that number is well over 50%...

I don't see why people would admit it. With the amount of people in government and society in general that want to take peoples guns away it is best to keep everyone ignorant of such matters.

Calls for strict gun control following a deadly week in America come despite new statistics that show gun deaths plummeting as sales of firearms soar.

According to the industry's trade group, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, homicides by gun have dropped 43 percent since 1991. Other crime with a gun such as robberies have decreased even more, by 70 percent since 1993.

In a graphic display of the numbers, NSSF also showed that unintentional deaths with a gun have dropped 82 percent.

Along the way, gun sales have soared to 140 million a year.
Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always' | Washington Examiner

Thank you BO, for someone who wants less gun on the streets your presidency has done quite the opposite!

The less the government knows the better.

California's new laws mean I need to buy my ammo in Nevada to maintain my privacy. They want a background check, thus they can interpolate what I buy with what I own.

They ran the last gun store out of San Francisco by requiring the owner to videotape all transactions.

The less the government knows the better.

California's new laws mean I need to buy my ammo in Nevada to maintain my privacy. They want a background check, thus they can interpolate what I buy with what I own.

They ran the last gun store out of San Francisco by requiring the owner to videotape all transactions.

Absolutely and fully agree!

Yes, that was Bob Chow's old store and he was a pillar in the community back in the day.

Have fun in Nevada.

I use to recommend the Moonlight Bunny Ranch outside Carson City, but I haven't been there for a long time.

There is a retired Deputy who owns a gun shop in Dayton and of course Walmart in Reno/Sparks and Carson City..

A friend lives there and likes the prices and selection of ammo at WalMart. I'd suggest sooner than later, because I'm sure a few thousands others will be flocking over there...

Last edited:
I agree.

Cops are going to stop doing their jobs even more for fear of making a mistake.

"When seconds count, help is minutes away"? That's an obsolete Pro-Gun Ownership slogan. The new one should be "Cops are too scared to do their jobs, so you'll have to do it".

Highlighted...I'm thinking the same thing.

To scared? I don't think that is accurate....maybe overly cautious to the point that it gets them hurt or killed. That's when it's time to move on to another career or moved to a quiet town that is ...safer.

I don't see why people would admit it. With the amount of people in government and society in general that want to take peoples guns away it is best to keep everyone ignorant of such matters.

Absolutely!

Thank you BO, for someone who wants less gun on the streets your presidency has done quite the opposite!

And NBC News tonight, quoted obummer as saying this: "People are less safe because of all the guns out there and it makes the job a lot harder for our police."

It goes both ways BO!!! Depending on who owns them. He subscribes to the same BS as most anti-gunners everywhere. What a POS!

I guess he will need to ban weapons from the SS and they can defend him with karate.

Last edited:
Arm yourselves, arm yourselves. The COMMUNIST inspired black and brown hoards are coming to kill you whitey.

Have no illusions about this.

Back
Top Bottom