• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Americans uneasy with GOP leadership

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tom Delay, the war in Iraq, President Bush spying on Americans, well what do you expect? No wonder Americans are fed up with all the shennanigans going on at the White House. There are far more reasons for Americans to be uneasy with the GOP but those 3 will suffice for now.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-01-07-gop-midterm-election_x.htm

Poll: Public uneasy with GOP leadership

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dissatisfied with the nation's direction, Americans are leaning toward wanting a change in which political party leads Congress — preferring that Democrats take control, an AP-Ipsos poll found. Democrats are favored over Republicans 49% to 36%.

President Bush's job approval remains low — 40% in the AP-Ipsos poll, with only one-third saying the country is headed in the right direction. Bush also remains low on his handling of Iraq, where violence against Iraqis and U.S. troops has been surging.

"I just don't like the direction our country is going in," said Steve Brown, a political independent from Olympia, Wash. "I think a balance of power would be beneficial right now."

Republicans are watching the situation unfold with some nervousness...

As well they should.

I don't think Republicans have a chance in hell of winning the presidential election in 2008. However, the democrats are just as scary a prospect as the corrupt GOP. I'm going to be voting in 2008 and I will support a candidate who I truely believe will help this country. Voting for the lesser evil is a dumb thing and I don't see why we have to subject ourselves to these horrible leaders. Progression shouldn't come in the form of a democrat or a republican.

It's going to be a good year for Democrats. :donkeyfla

KidRocks said:
Tom Delay, the war in Iraq, President Bush spying on Americans, well what do you expect? No wonder Americans are fed up with all the shennanigans going on at the White House. There are far more reasons for Americans to be uneasy with the GOP but those 3 will suffice for now.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-01-07-gop-midterm-election_x.htm

Poll: Public uneasy with GOP leadership

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dissatisfied with the nation's direction, Americans are leaning toward wanting a change in which political party leads Congress — preferring that Democrats take control, an AP-Ipsos poll found. Democrats are favored over Republicans 49% to 36%.

President Bush's job approval remains low — 40% in the AP-Ipsos poll, with only one-third saying the country is headed in the right direction. Bush also remains low on his handling of Iraq, where violence against Iraqis and U.S. troops has been surging.

"I just don't like the direction our country is going in," said Steve Brown, a political independent from Olympia, Wash. "I think a balance of power would be beneficial right now."

Yea, ...I BET they are political independents, . .huh huh! The media is pretty slick, ..but NOT slick enough!

The media, & the democratic party leadership would prefer people believing that THEIR views represent the mainstream majority, ..& I would say that it probably does, ..BUT ONLY IN THEIR DREAMS! :smile:

The fact is that America is a conservative country and with evangelicals presenting a 1/3 of the people that do vote, I beleive 2004 was the Democrats last chance.

The only way a Democrat is going to President if he acts "like Clinton" as a liberal Republicans like Eisenhower - an old-style Republican.

Liberalism and Big Government is dying in America.

Like I always said....it took the Democrats over 40 years to screw up America....the republicans only 6-10! LOL!

They're efficient...you have to give them that.

Hoot said:
Like I always said....it took the Democrats over 40 years to screw up America....the republicans only 6-10! LOL!

But, Hoot, the republicans made their Contract with America, where they promised to be much more honorable than the democrats were when they were in power.

REPUBLICAN CONTRACT WITH AMERICA

As Republican Members of the House of Representatives and as citizens seeking to join that body we propose not just to change its policies, but even more important, to restore the bonds of trust between the people and their elected representatives.

http://www.house.gov/house/Contract/CONTRACT.html

Oops. :lol:

GarzaUK said:
Liberalism and Big Government is dying in America.
Not if the current crew of "big government conservatives" keeps the reins.

aps said:
But, Hoot, the republicans made their Contract with America, where they promised to be much more honorable than the democrats were when they were in power.

I'm sorry, my dear, but everyone knows it better now as the "Contract On America."

Simon W. Moon said:
Not if the current crew of "big government conservatives" keeps the reins.

You guys do realise that Bush is screwing up your country for the next 25 years don't you? I feel sorry whoever is elected President in 2008, he/she hasn't got a hope.

Bush as spent money like candy. If you look at his governer record he left Texas with a big defecit with his spending on education - strange for a red state.
Bush on a presidental level has still lowered taxes, yet still spends. You may think of Iraq, but only half of what he has spent has gone towards the war. The rest goes to his special "pet projects." Bush as spent way more than "liberal" Clinton and Bush has made government even bigger. Bush is OFFICIALLY the most powerful President since FDR.

You make think aah whats the harm. America's baby boom generation will start to retire around 2012 putting unbeleivable burden on social security. Some cons plan is to spend money so the Democrats "if they get into office" can't touch it. But that's kinda like you drinking all the liquor at the party before your alcholic uncle comes over. Still gives you a hangover.

Ironically Democrats are more small government than the current Republican adminstration. Weird isn't it.

You may thing your paying for the Bush admin now, but you ain't added the tip yet.

Hoot said:
I'm sorry, my dear, but everyone knows it better now as the "Contract On America."

LOL Good one! ;)

Hoot said:

On the contrare. What YOU really mean to say is that it took the most leftist whacko liberals to take control of the democratic party, .& destroy the democratic party.

And...in the same context it did not take republicans very long to help destroy what little was left OF the democratic party, ..thanks MOSTLY because of the liberals.;)

The downfall of the Democrats was the signing of the Civil Rights Act. The south converted to the Republican party over night because blacks could be now be equal to them.

There has only been 12 years of Democrat Presidency since LBJ.

Back
Top Bottom