• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Americans overwhelming support President Bush in wiretapping.

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Unlike this left wing leaning forum Americans strongly support President Bush when it comes to wiretapping without obtaining a warrant first........

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/19/124752.shtml?s=ic

Americans overwhelmingly support President Bush's decision to wiretap suspected terrorists operating inside the U.S. without first obtaining a court order - and a solid plurality believe those who leaked news of the secret operation are "traitors," a Fox News Opinion Dynamics poll has found.

Asked whether the president "should have the power to authorize the National Security Agency to monitor electronic communications of suspected terrorists without getting warrants, even if one end of the communication is in the United States?" - 58 percent of those surveyed said yes.

Just 36 percent disagreed.

Americans overwhelming support President Bush in wiretapping.

Not this American, I am still amazed at Benjamin Franklin's statement that those who would trade away their liberties for security deserve neither. His statement has stood against the test of time. It's really amazing when you think about it. It was as if he is speaking to us now from the far past.

Navy Pride said:
Unlike this left wing leaning forum Americans strongly support President Bush when it comes to wiretapping without obtaining a warrant first........

Americans overwhelmingly support President Bush's decision to wiretap suspected terrorists operating inside the U.S. without first obtaining a court order - and a solid plurality believe those who leaked news of the secret operation are "traitors," a Fox News Opinion Dynamics poll has found.

Asked whether the president "should have the power to authorize the National Security Agency to monitor electronic communications of suspected terrorists without getting warrants, even if one end of the communication is in the United States?" - 58 percent of those surveyed said yes.

Conflicting polls, conflicting polls. LOL.

Here is a poll which says that people love Bush so much that they are willing to impeach him if his wiretapping broke the law. 52-43 percent in favor of impeachment. Read it and weep.

And did Bush break the law? The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service says he did.

Doesnt look good for your RINO, does it?

TimmyBoy said:
Not this American, I am still amazed at Benjamin Franklin's statement that those who would trade away their liberties for security deserve neither. His statement has stood against the test of time. It's really amazing when you think about it. It was as if he is speaking to us now from the far past.

The problem is all those liberites don't mean squat if you not alive to enjoy them..............BF did not have to worry about dirty nukes killing millions...........

Here I though NP put no stock in polls. I guess the times they are a changing.

I can't wait til they have poll that asks about the warrantless wiretapping of Americans.

For anyone who's interested, here's a slightly more detailed look at the poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/poll_011206.pdf

Navy Pride said:
The problem is all those liberites don't mean squat if you not alive to enjoy them..............
They don't mean squat if you give them away either. My my, what a dilema!

Navy Pride said:
BF did not have to worry about dirty nukes killing millions...........
Unfortunately, that will be a possibility until the sun explodes. Shall we start the rubber glove strip-searches and car bomb checkpoints every 5 miles and just get it over with now?

Simon W. Moon said:
What would make you say that?

Navy Pride said:
aps, as you know I am not a big fan of polls

aps, you liberals depend to much on polls, especially when they favor your position........

I have said it over and over again I would never bet my house on the results of any poll be it favorable or otherwise.........

Thank God this president does not run his presidency by questionable meida polls...........

You lefties all like polls.....Well polls after the 2004 elections said that almost 70% of the military voted for President Bush.........

Bottom line is at best polls are a semi educated guess on how something will turn out.....Don't bet your house on them......

voted no........My reasons are:

1. It depends where you poll, for example if you had a poll as to the Presidents approval rating and you polled in Seattle Wash. his approval rating would be about 10%.........If you had the same poll outside the gate at the Naval Submarine base bangor his approval rating would be about 80%....

2. It is impossible to poll 1000 people when we have 300,000,000 people in this country and get and accurate approval rating.......

Nothing proved how inaccurate polling is more then when the exit polls in the 2004 presidential elections had Kerry winning in a landslide.........

You can make anything you want out of polls and you know it....It really depends on who you poll

Liberals can make those polls read anything they want too.........Moderates and Conservatives know better..........

As I have said many times polls don't mean squat..........

I personally don't pay a lot of attention to polls.......

shuamort said:
I have no idea in the world. Just what are you trying to point out?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Binary_Digit said:
They don't mean squat if you give them away either. My my, what a dilema!

Unfortunately, that will be a possibility until the sun explodes. Shall we start the rubber glove strip-searches and car bomb checkpoints every 5 miles and just get it over with now?

I don't know about you but I would rather be alive and missing a few rights then dead...........But that us just me.....:roll:

shuamort said:

Okay, that's funny! Right now, my instinct is to dismiss this poll, so I can see how people can dismiss polls when they tout them at other times.

However, thinking more about the results of this poll, I am not surprised by how the majority of Americans feel. I don't believe that the majority of Americans have a true understanding of the Constitution and what it means to have their rights violated. Many people just take Bush at his word without questioning the basis of his statement that he has the authority. I also don't believe that have a true understanding of the balance of power and how Congress has oversight over the president.

For me, I wouldn't care if I was the only person in the US who thought he has overstepped his authority. I can't wait to hear Gonzales testify as to how the president had the power to wiretap without a warrant. That should be interesting. Bwahahahahhaha :lamo

Simon W. Moon said:

I can't wait til they have poll that asks about the warrantless wiretapping of Americans.

For anyone who's interested, here's a slightly more detailed look at the poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/poll_011206.pdf

Your right I don't put a lot of stock in polls.......I saw this one and I threw it out...........Being the conservative you are you can dismiss it if you like.......:rofl

danarhea said:
Conflicting polls, conflicting polls. LOL.

Here is a poll which says that people love Bush so much that they are willing to impeach him if his wiretapping broke the law. 52-43 percent in favor of impeachment. Read it and weep.

And did Bush break the law? The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service says he did.

Doesnt look good for your RINO, does it?

Look my liberal buddy I know you hate president Bush, I just threw that out there for what its worth.........

PS: I thought I was on your ignore list.....:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Your right I don't put a lot of stock in polls.......I saw this one and I threw it out...........Being the conservative you are you can dismiss it if you like.......:rofl

I think he is hinting around that Simon might be a Liberal :lol:

aps said:
Okay, that's funny! Right now, my instinct is to dismiss this poll, so I can see how people can dismiss polls when they tout them at other times.

However, thinking more about the results of this poll, I am not surprised by how the majority of Americans feel. I don't believe that the majority of Americans have a true understanding of the Constitution and what it means to have their rights violated. Many people just take Bush at his word without questioning the basis of his statement that he has the authority. I also don't believe that have a true understanding of the balance of power and how Congress has oversight over the president.

For me, I wouldn't care if I was the only person in the US who thought he has overstepped his authority. I can't wait to hear Gonzales testify as to how the president had the power to wiretap without a warrant. That should be interesting. Bwahahahahhaha :lamo

aps I personally believe this issue will be settled by the SCOTUS.........

shuamort said:

You didn't even include how many polls he's started right here. One day, after one of those remarks, I started to count how many he actually started, then I realized I didn't give a s**t. :rofl

Navy Pride said:

That's why we have a Republic rather than a Democracy. The mob can be wrong. If there's no wrong doing and nothing to hide, and no classified info will be released, what's the harm in the investigating the matter, which is increasingly becoming a bipartisan issue

Navy Pride said:
...Americans overwhelmingly support President Bush's decision to wiretap suspected terrorists operating inside the U.S. without first obtaining a court order...

What intelligent American wouldn't approve of wiretapping suspected terrorists?
I don't approve of him wiretapping someone just because their name is Jamal.
ted

I completely approve of the government wiretapping and conducting survellience on suspected terrorists and those conducting terrorist activity. Sue me.

hipsterdufus said:
That's why we have a Republic rather than a Democracy. The mob can be wrong. If there's no wrong doing and nothing to hide, and no classified info will be released, what's the harm in the investigating the matter, which is increasingly becoming a bipartisan issue

There is no harm in investigating it and I think the SCOTUS will do exactly that.........I would not put to much stock in the hearings by congress though because I will assure you that the dems will trying to use the "I Gotcha" mentality.......There will be very little bypartisanship.......

Oh by the way hips I love the dems new saying....."Culture of corruption".....Every time a dem opens his mouth that is the first words that come out.........

Paladin said:
What intelligent American wouldn't approve of wiretapping suspected terrorists?
I don't approve of him wiretapping someone just because their name is Jamal.
ted

You need to read the poll on the subject..........

KCConservative said:
I completely approve of the government wiretapping and conducting survellience on suspected terrorists and those conducting terrorist activity. Sue me.

Same here. I like President Bush's wiretapping and tighter security measures. I don't feel the least bit worried.

Navy Pride said:
The problem is all those liberites don't mean squat if you not alive to enjoy them..............BF did not have to worry about dirty nukes killing millions...........
Yeah like my life is in real danger. :rofl
You guys need to find other things to be afraid of....or something. Something like peanut allergies...that'll kill ya. If your allergic that is.

shuamort said:
Originally Posted by Navy Pride
aps, as you know I am not a big fan of polls

aps, you liberals depend to much on polls, especially when they favor your position........

I have said it over and over again I would never bet my house on the results of any poll be it favorable or otherwise.........

Thank God this president does not run his presidency by questionable meida polls...........

You lefties all like polls.....Well polls after the 2004 elections said that almost 70% of the military voted for President Bush.........

Bottom line is at best polls are a semi educated guess on how something will turn out.....Don't bet your house on them......

voted no........My reasons are:

1. It depends where you poll, for example if you had a poll as to the Presidents approval rating and you polled in Seattle Wash. his approval rating would be about 10%.........If you had the same poll outside the gate at the Naval Submarine base bangor his approval rating would be about 80%....

2. It is impossible to poll 1000 people when we have 300,000,000 people in this country and get and accurate approval rating.......

Nothing proved how inaccurate polling is more then when the exit polls in the 2004 presidential elections had Kerry winning in a landslide.........

You can make anything you want out of polls and you know it....It really depends on who you poll

Liberals can make those polls read anything they want too.........Moderates and Conservatives know better..........

As I have said many times polls don't mean squat..........

I personally don't pay a lot of attention to polls.......
:rofl I love it!
charley.gif

Do you realize how typical this type of manipulation is perpertrated? Way too often.

What is the most interesting is that it appears that some of the Neocons out there want to have public opinion decide the law rather than the Constitution. What ever happened to their BS stated desire for a "strict constructionist"?

Navy Pride said:
I don't know about you but I would rather be alive and missing a few rights then dead...........But that us just me.....
Have to make the choice which is more valuable, life or liberty.
The traditional American choice is sacrifice lives for liberty.
Sad to see some so ready and willing to throw away the hard won and costly American freedoms when faced with a threat that isn't even as dangerous as riding down the freeway in an automobile.
Frredom isn't free, you know.

George_Washington said:
Same here. I like President Bush's wiretapping and tighter security measures. I don't feel the least bit worried.

Me either they can check my library card all they want if it keeps me alive.......

Back
Top Bottom