• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans Killed in Syria Were No Strangers to War

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Americans Killed in Syria Were No Strangers to War

victims-killed-in-syria.jpg
190118-D-AB123-0001.JPG

Navy Chief Cryptologic Technician Shannon M. Kent - Army SF Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jonathan R. Farmer - Defense Intelligence Agency employee Scott A. Wirtz.

1/18/19
The four Americans who were killed by a suicide bomber in Syria on Wednesday were no strangers to America’s war zones overseas. One was a top military linguist who worked closely with the National Security Agency and was on her eighth deployment. One was a hard-pounding re-bounder on his high school basketball team who joined the Army Special Forces and served a half-dozen times in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. And one was a former member of the Navy SEALs who later supervised the collection of intelligence for a Pentagon agency. A fourth American killed was an Arabic interpreter who spent much of her childhood living in Syria and worked for a private defense contractor.

continued @ link above

Condolences and all respect.

Two Words: permanent war.

Permanent war and deception.

The way the media is spinning this appears to be an attack on Trump's claim that ISIS has been defeated.

Effectively, the media and so-called liberals are pushing for permanent war.

Permanent war and deception.

The way the media is spinning this appears to be an attack on Trump's claim that ISIS has been defeated.

Did you catch the William Arkin memo?

William Arkin, an anti-war Army veteran who has been with NBC as a military analyst, reporter and consultant for three decades, said in the 2,228-word memo that he would be departing on Friday after finding himself "completely out of synch" with the network.

"My expertise, though seeming to be all the more central to the challenges and dangers we face, also seems to be less valued at the moment," he wrote. "And I find myself completely out of synch with the network, being neither a day-to-day reporter nor interested in the Trump circus.
Arkin appeared to criticize network coverage that was critical of Trump's decisions to remove troops from Syria and to meet with North Korea's leader.

“Really? We shouldn’t get out of Syria? We shouldn’t go for the bold move of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula?" he asks. "Even on Russia, though we should be concerned about the brittleness of our democracy that it is so vulnerable to manipulation, do we really yearn for the Cold War?"

"And don’t even get me started with the FBI," Arkin adds. "What? We now lionize this historically destructive institution?”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/423707-nbc-analyst-leaving-network-over-trump-circus

Better to kill ISIS over there than have them killing us here.

These Americans were is Syria illegally, without the permission of Damascus.

Hawkeye is right - permanent war.

A global military empire, gobbling up heading towards $1 trillion annually, a state with un-manageable public debt, and a steady drip feed of dead American service people.

Is that what you want? You're not even fighting a proper war at the moment. But neo-imperialists are getting impatient.

Will it be Iran or North Korea?

A global military empire, gobbling up heading towards $1 trillion annually, a state with un-manageable public debt, and a steady drip feed of dead American service people.

Is that what you want? You're not even fighting a proper war at the moment. But neo-imperialists are getting impatient.

"Hawkeye is right" ?????!!!!

You sure do live dangerously!

Heretics like me have jail cells all fitted for us in America @ 2019!

"Hawkeye is right" ?????!!!!

You sure do live dangerously!

Heretics like me have jail cells all fitted for us in America @ 2019!

:lol:

You know what, I liked America before it became taken over by dangerous war-mongering liberals who spread hate, intolerance and destroy morality, church, state.

I think our nations used to have much in common. They could still have. But the US needs to sort out its own political civil war first.

:lol:

You know what, I liked America before it became taken over by dangerous war-mongering liberals who spread hate, intolerance and destroy morality, church, state.

I think our nations used to have much in common. They could still have. But the US needs to sort out its own political civil war first.

Hey I figured it out!......The West is dying not just because we now willfully refuse to face truth as Jordan Peterson sorta says, but we also refuse to pursue the good..... As a result we act is children, as unformed beings, overly willful and ignorant.

The New Chinese Empire will cut through us like a hot knife through butter.

Last edited:
Better to kill ISIS over there than have them killing us here.

You know how to operate a military convoy. Explain to us the main fundamentals of doing so.

The US is fighting ISIS in Syria.... While not bombing civilians as does Syria/Russia.

Back
Top Bottom