• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Americans Dont Care!!!

teacher said:
Billo, Canuck.

And there we go class. Billo, Canuck, your doom and gloom radioactive scenario has been put to bed by facts. Pesky thing those facts. They tend to get in the way of the "I hate Bush and America" criticisms you libs are so fond of spewing. Been watching you guys with your depleted uranium radioactive mutant making war zone for some time now. You guys should stop getting your info on military subjects from Moore, links, comic books, blogs and your faulty imaginations, or at least ask those on this site that FRIGGIN know before putting this drivel out as facts. Or do you hope to change the minds of the easily swayed with lies to further your agenda? The sad part is that the truth is so easily attained. But that does not help your wistling in the dark, blinder wearing, fingers planted firmly in ears method of going through life, does it, eh?

Trojan: You sure about the helo part? And yea, I forgot about the 90mm(?) shells on the A-10 Thunderbolt. My bad. Boy is my face red.

Akyron: I know you know, that was meant for them, the answer I was looking for was - because depleted uranium is more dense, therefor more mass per volume giving greater penetration. Something they can understand. Nice pics though.

As usual I expect no reply from those who have been shredded.

Not positive yet fairly sure about the Apache's and it's Trajan, Teacher:mrgreen: as in the one of the great emperors of Rome.

Originally Posted by teacher:
Billo, Canuck.

And there we go class. Billo, Canuck, your doom and gloom radioactive scenario has been put to bed by facts. Pesky thing those facts. They tend to get in the way of the "I hate Bush and America" criticisms you libs are so fond of spewing. Been watching you guys with your depleted uranium radioactive mutant making war zone for some time now. You guys should stop getting your info on military subjects from Moore, links, comic books, blogs and your faulty imaginations, or at least ask those on this site that FRIGGIN know before putting this drivel out as facts. Or do you hope to change the minds of the easily swayed with lies to further your agenda? The sad part is that the truth is so easily attained. But that does not help your wistling in the dark, blinder wearing, fingers planted firmly in ears method of going through life, does it, eh?

Trojan: You sure about the helo part? And yea, I forgot about the 90mm(?) shells on the A-10 Thunderbolt. My bad. Boy is my face red.

Akyron: I know you know, that was meant for them, the answer I was looking for was - because depleted uranium is more dense, therefor more mass per volume giving greater penetration. Something they can understand. Nice pics though.

As usual I expect no reply from those who have been shredded.
I guess I'm up past my bed-time. Think I'll snack on some facts. I think this is served with red wine.

Horror of USA's Depleted Uranium in Iraq Threatens World
By James Denver Vive le Canada Friday 29 April 2005

American use of DU is "A crime against humanity which may, in the eyes of historians, rank with the worst atrocities of all time." US Iraq Military Vets "are on DU death row, waiting to die."

"I'm horrified. The people out there - the Iraqis, the media and the troops - risk the most appalling ill health. And the radiation from depleted uranium can travel literally anywhere. It's going to destroy the lives of thousands of children, all over the world. We all know how far radiation can travel. Radiation from Chernobyl reached Wales and in Britain you sometimes get red dust from the Sahara on your car."

The speaker is not some alarmist doomsayer. He is Dr. Chris Busby, the British radiation expert, Fellow of the University of Liverpool in the Faculty of Medicine and UK representative on the European Committee on Radiation Risk, talking about the best-kept secret of this war: the fact that by illegally using hundreds of tons of depleted uranium (DU) against Iraq, Britain and America have gravely endangered not only the Iraqis but the whole world.

For these weapons have released deadly, carcinogenic and mutagenic, radioactive particles in such abundance that-whipped up by sandstorms and carried on trade winds - there is no corner of the globe they cannot penetrate-including Britain. For the wind has no boundaries and time is on their side: the radioactivity persists for over 4,500,000,000 years and can cause cancer, leukemia, brain damage, kidney failure, and extreme birth defects - killing millions of every age for centuries to come. A crime against humanity which may, in the eyes of historians, rank with the worst atrocities of all time.

These weapons have released deadly, carcinogenic and mutagenic, radioactive particles in such abundance that there is no corner of the globe they cannot penetrate - including Britain. Yet, officially, no crime has been committed. For this story is a dirty story in which the facts have been concealed from those who needed them most. It is also a story we need to know if the people of Iraq are to get the medical care they desperately need, and if our troops, returning from Iraq, are not to suffer as terribly as the veterans of other conflicts in which depleted uranium was used

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/051105K.shtml

Billo_Really said:
I guess I'm up past my bed-time. Think I'll snack on some facts. I think this is served with red wine.

Kudos Billo. Way to come back. The truth maybe somewhere between yours and Akyrons post. Off hand I would think the shells remain intact and not blown to bits, otherwise they would not penetrate a tanks armor. Which would make the "dust in the wind" part incorrect. Your link sites "Hundreds of tons". Just my massive brain thinking but I would venture to say there is not that much Uranium mined in the world, let alone in munitions. The two minutes I've pondered your James Denver's article it doesn't pass the common sense test and seems full of bullshit. Like the articles the foilhatters post on the 9/11 thread, they appear, what with their big words and all, impressive but simple common sense breaks them down. Typical left wing tactic. Just like global warming. I almost feel sorry for them....nah.

Have I mentioned champs taught me that you can type BULLSHIT here? He has some redeeming qualities. Never say I don't give credit where credit is due.

Originally posted by teacher:
The two minutes I've pondered your James Denver's article it doesn't pass the common sense test and seems full of bullshit.
And sticking a tichondaroga no.2 into a clear glass of water seems bent when you look at it. However, unless your SKILMATIC, logic would force you to accept the fact that it isn't.

I post these things not with a "my way or highway" type prose, but to suggest there is enough credible evidence out there that would indicate not everything is as our government would like us to believe. And that people should not be so gullible (or lazy of mind) to believe anything that they get from the "box" in the corner. Let alone an Administration that keeps changing its mind.

Back
Top Bottom