• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention that Co

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention that Congress should raise the U.S. debt limit without conditions.

Instead, 61 percent say that it’s “right to require spending cuts when the debt ceiling is raised even if it risks default,” because Congress lacks spending discipline, according to a Bloomberg National Poll conducted Sept. 20-23

That sentiment is shared by almost three-quarters of Republicans, two-thirds of independents, and a plurality of Democrats. Just 28 percent of respondents backed Obama’s call for a clean bill that has no add-on provisions

Americans Reject by 61% Obama Demand for Clean Debt Vote - Bloomberg

here is Obama and the democrats on the wrong side of the majority of the American Public again

How many time can they give give America the finger before they give them the boot? 2014 cant come soon enough. America is finally coming off the Obama Koolaid drunk and they have a terrible hangover and the guilt of what have I done

When 61% want spending cuts and the president disagreeing, he is the extremist who is out-of-touch with the American people.

And oh by the way this isn't a Fox poll it is a Bloomberg poll imagine that

Last edited:
Re: Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention tha

here is Obama and the democrats on the wrong side of the majority of the American Public again

How many time can they give give America the finger before they give them the boot? 2014 cant come soon enough. America is finally coming off the Obama Koolaid drunk and they have a terrible hangover and the guilt of what have I done

When 61% want spending cuts and the president disagreeing, he is the extremist who is out-of-touch with the American people.

I have no doubt in the poll, however I doubt that 2/3 of Americans are in favor of giving the GOP whatever it wants either.

Re: Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention tha

On this specific aspect of the issue. But what ratio of Americans think the Republicans should make good on their threat to break the government?

The left does not care what the majority want. 70% of the American public thought their health insurance was fine but they had to go and make sure it gets shared with the uninsured without even increasing the supply. The sheeple grin and accept it - over 40% of them are so beholden to the govt they will do whatever the lefties want them too.

The left does not care what the majority want. 70% of the American public thought their health insurance was fine but they had to go and make sure it gets shared with the uninsured without even increasing the supply. The sheeple grin and accept it - over 40% of them are so beholden to the govt they will do whatever the lefties want them too.

You go ahead and keep pushing this misinformation if it makes you feel better. The only statistic that matters is the number of seats held by each party post-election time.

Americans by a 2-to-1 ratio disagree with President Barack Obama’s contention that Congress should raise the U.S. debt limit without conditions.

Instead, 61 percent say that it’s “right to require spending cuts when the debt ceiling is raised even if it risks default,” because Congress lacks spending discipline, according to a Bloomberg National Poll conducted Sept. 20-23

That sentiment is shared by almost three-quarters of Republicans, two-thirds of independents, and a plurality of Democrats. Just 28 percent of respondents backed Obama’s call for a clean bill that has no add-on provisions

and what % of americans understand what "even if it risks default" really means for the US? You've also got obamacare skewing the numbers, since all the "propagandized sheeple" that swallowed everything the right dumped on their face about obamacare won't say they support a clean bill, but that has nothing to do with fiscal policy, its about defunding obamacare. I noticed the terms ACA or obamacare are curiously absent the OP or the quote in the OP. Well spun. This debt ceiling face off is all about obamacare funding and everyone knows it. Omitting that particular little tidbit in an attempt to show low numbers supporting obama ... is par for the course.

The poll gave 2 options (apart from "not sure")

A) It is necessary to limit the amount the US can borrow because congress lacks discipline on spending, so it is right to require spending cuts when the debt ceiling is raised even if it risks default.

B) The full faith and credit of the US should be protected at any cost; the debt ceiling should be raised when necessary, with no conditions.

People agreed that congress spends irresponsibly and shouldn't have a blank check. To be honest, option A could have been a lot of things and the numbers wouldn't have changed as long as option B remained "blank check". That combined with A = no obamacare, B = yes obamacare makes this a pretty worthless poll. But by all means, spin on. I wonder how different things would be if tax cuts for the rich were on the chopping block? Technically speaking, nothing in the wording of the poll would have to change.

and what % of americans understand what "even if it risks default" really means for the US? You've also got obamacare skewing the numbers, since all the "propagandized sheeple" that swallowed everything the right dumped on their face about obamacare won't say they support a clean bill, but that has nothing to do with fiscal policy, its about defunding obamacare. I noticed the terms ACA or obamacare are curiously absent the OP or the quote in the OP. Well spun. This debt ceiling face off is all about obamacare funding and everyone knows it. Omitting that particular little tidbit in an attempt to show low numbers supporting obama ... is par for the course.

The poll gave 2 options (apart from "not sure")

A) It is necessary to limit the amount the US can borrow because congress lacks discipline on spending, so it is right to require spending cuts when the debt ceiling is raised even if it risks default.

B) The full faith and credit of the US should be protected at any cost; the debt ceiling should be raised when necessary, with no conditions.

People agreed that congress spends irresponsibly and shouldn't have a blank check. To be honest, option A could have been a lot of things and the numbers wouldn't have changed as long as option B remained "blank check". That combined with A = no obamacare, B = yes obamacare makes this a pretty worthless poll. But by all means, spin on. I wonder how different things would be if tax cuts for the rich were on the chopping block? Technically speaking, nothing in the wording of the poll would have to change.

are you for real are you actually trying to spin this as option B being a blank check? no where did it say or imply a blank check it made it clear to pay our creditors "The full faith and credit of the US should be protected at any cost"

Bloomberg made option A the one that 61% of America chose to sound much more ominous then option B "even if it risks default"

I suggest you go see a chiropractor after twisting your self in a knot over that one

When it comes to debt ceiling arguments, Americans have the memory of a goldfish.

You assert my facts are incorrect; well then you would be obliged to disprove one of them - any one of them will do?

You go ahead and keep pushing this misinformation if it makes you feel better. The only statistic that matters is the number of seats held by each party post-election time.

You assert my facts are incorrect; well then you would be obliged to disprove one of them - any one of them will do?

I said they were misinformation. A given assertion can be factual and still be misinforming if it doesn't include all the pertinent information.

My facts were onto pic and you asserted they were false. In essence you lied.

I said they were misinformation. A given assertion can be factual and still be misinforming if it doesn't include all the pertinent information.

These people being polled aren't necessarily the most informed:

Bloomberg National Poll: The Deficit - Bloomberg

The deficit is coming in lower than last fiscal year

Also, it's strange how they think the sequester is going to hurt, but more than the number that agreed to that said they don't know anyone impacted.

And most of the deficit has been not from discretionary spending, but from reduction in revenues.

C'mon. Government can't pay attention to polls. You know that.

If anyone thinks that a government default is a good economic plan, they are stupid.

Pure, simple, stupid, no ifs, ands, or buts.

What part of "It's The Law" is it that you don't understand?

We went through this same bull**** when the red states decided to succeed from the union. Surprise, Surprise.....It Don't Work That Way!

If your facts were completely 100% true, then why do the Dems control the senate and presidency? The problem is you hold polls as Gospel, when you really shouldn't.

The ONLY poll that matters is the one that elects Congress members.

We went through this same bull**** when the red states decided to succeed from the union. Surprise, Surprise.....It Don't Work That Way!

slavery was a law, jim crow was a law, segregation was a law, the marriage protection act is a law, citizens untied is a law

slavery was a law, jim crow was a law, segregation was a law, the marriage protection act is a law, citizens untied is a law
Do you understand

You said he is wrong. How so. Dont play semantics.

You said he is wrong. How so. Dont play semantics.

I'm not playing semantics. Misinformation is the exact word I used and it has an exact meaning. That is why I used it.

But here's an example: the majority of poor, welfare dependent people are in red states and vote Republican. To suggest that 40% of people are so beholden on government they will do "whatever the lefties want" is misinformative, to say the least. If I recall correctly, the "lefties" wanted universal health care.

Yeah, okay guy.

Last edited:

Do you understand

Marriage protection act....LMAO!!

We fought the bloodiest war in the nation's history about slavery. You folks live in this hermetically sealed bubble with Fox News. Can't wait to get your asses kicked again can you?

We fought the bloodiest war in the nation's history about slavery. You folks live in this hermetically sealed bubble with Fox News. Can't wait to get your asses kicked again can you?
it still was a law and it was apolished. but if we apply your failed logic it never should have because it was a law

And the house is controlled by those who agree with that policy and so the only one's out of touch are the elites on the other side who believe they know better for people - elites that are on the wrong side of the people's point of view. There is another name for such elites - we call them fascist.

If your facts were completely 100% true, then why do the Dems control the senate and presidency? The problem is you hold polls as Gospel, when you really shouldn't.

The ONLY poll that matters is the one that elects Congress members.

And the house is controlled by those who agree with that policy and so the only one's out of touch are the elites on the other side who believe they know better for people - elites that are on the wrong side of the people's point of view. There is another name for such elites - we call them fascist.

Those in the senate were elected too. So you can call them elitists if it makes you feel better, but they too were elected to continue Obamacare.

My point being that people using polls as Gospel are missing the whole picture. The only poll that matters is on election day and people voted the Senate to remain in control with the Dems. I happen to disagree with ObamaCare, but don't act as if EVERY American is against it.

Why is it leftist run to "every" when they can't have their way and are caught in lies and mistakes? I never said every. I said 70% which is hardly "every." The issue is I presented facts and you dispelled them as lies - yet you refuse to point out how any one of them as wrong and dance around it with the "senate" or "elections." If you believed in that you'd support the House for following its calling.

Those in the senate were elected too. So you can call them elitists if it makes you feel better, but they too were elected to continue Obamacare.

My point being that people using polls as Gospel are missing the whole picture. The only poll that matters is on election day and people voted the Senate to remain in control with the Dems. I happen to disagree with ObamaCare, but don't act as if EVERY American is against it.

Back
Top Bottom