• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans blame Obamacare already for higher costs

No. The concept is that everything is always in motion. I have no doubt some employers are doing this. I also have no doubt those kind of employers are not real stellar ones to work for.
Not real stellar indeed...:lamo
How many in this list of ~300 are public employers?...~240 or so

ObamaCare Employer Mandate: A List Of Cuts To Work Hours, Jobs - Investors.com
(please feel free to check the various links in the matrix for clarification directly from the employers on the specifics of their decision)
But clearly, IN THE AGGREGATE, this shift isn't happening. In fact, if this movement is as big as some claim, there must be a counter movement to get more people to go from 26-29 hrs per week to over 30 hours. (Although I suppose there could also be movement to below 26 hrs/wk, but you need to see that data).

How can you assertively claim 'clearly...this shift isn't happening' by using the suppositions 'if this movement' and 'there must be a counter movement' then qualify the assertion with 'Although I suppose'? Is this to be considered seriously?

you dont know crap about politics it isn't about who is right or wrong it isn't about what is true or not it is all about what the public believes and perceives

Which explains why this country has lots of problems. We don't care about facts. It's just perception.

Which explains why this country has lots of problems. We don't care about facts. It's just perception.

it is what happens when the press stops being the vehicle of the facts and truth and start being bias political hacks

it is what happens when the press stops being the vehicle of the facts and truth and start being bias political hacks

Ever since the media became profit oriented, that's the way it's been. No real viable way around that. People look to news sources to reinforce their beliefs.

Ever since the media became profit oriented, that's the way it's been. No real viable way around that. People look to news sources to reinforce their beliefs.

Since the 1700's?

you dont know crap about politics it isn't about who is right or wrong it isn't about what is true or not it is all about what the public believes and perceives

That's why Republicans and Dems put so much effort into straight up lying to the American people.

Earlier than that. England had biased newspapers since printing started.
How far do we want to go back?

We don't. Points is they've always been for profit, so complaining they're for profit isn't interesting.

We don't. Points is they've always been for profit, so complaining they're for profit isn't interesting.

But that's what causes media bias. Look at the whole entertainment magazine industry. If every celebrity was being faithful and boring, nothing would sell (Matt Damon never gets any play in those magazines, he's downright boring in the context they are looking at). They need controversy and they need to play it up to sell. Same thing with political news.

There are numerous things that could bring down healthcare costs. From tort reform to allowing a more free market approach across state lines. But because the left is beholding to the lawyer lobby and all the ambulance chasers, tort reform isn't going anywhere. Because the left is beholding to the anti capitalist crowd, the approach to a free market is out of the question with them also. But the biggest thing that could bring down healthcare costs is to get the federal government out of the way! But that doesn't seem like it is going to happen either because there seems to be too damn many idiots that look to the federal government to solve all their problems that they themselves created.

Yep, I work for a global company and we just saw another major reorg with new announcements made on our health insurance ...

If your employer did this to you, why are you blaming ACA? It was the capitalists and that's the problem. As long as we let capitalists control our access to health care, we will be subject to their greed.

If your employer did this to you, why are you blaming ACA?
It was the capitalists and that's the problem.
Oy Vey!
Wrong!
The Abominable Care Act caused the employer to act in such a way. That is why you blame the ACA and not the employer.

As long as we let capitalists control our access to health care, we will be subject to their greed.
Holy ****! :doh
Health care is a product of another's efforts. Do you really not understand that?
It is an individuals own greed causing them to want the government to provide it instead of paying for it on their own.

How can you assertively claim 'clearly...this shift isn't happening' by using the suppositions 'if this movement' and 'there must be a counter movement' then qualify the assertion with 'Although I suppose'? Is this to be considered seriously?

How can I claim that? It's called 'data analysis' and 'logic'.

Ok. I guess I could qualify it as 'although, I suppose if you are an idiot, one could think more people are working under 25 hrs/wk.'

Does that make you feel better?

The Abominable Care Act caused the employer to act in such a way. That is why you blame the ACA and not the employer.

I have no doubt that some are doing it because of ACA, but the trend has been this way even BEFORE ACA. I think many businesses are using ACA as a scapegoat to do what they have wanted to for a while. The ACA gives them an out to accomplish this.

If it was JUST ACA, why has the trend been going to part time work BEFORE ACA was established?

I have no doubt that some are doing it because of ACA, but the trend has been this way even BEFORE ACA. I think many businesses are using ACA as a scapegoat to do what they have wanted to for a while. The ACA gives them an out to accomplish this.

If it was JUST ACA, why has the trend been going to part time work BEFORE ACA was established?
What?
I believe the trend was Employers offering Health Insurance as an incentive/bonus.
Now many of them just can't afford to do so and remain competitive.

What?
I believe the trend was Employers offering Health Insurance as an incentive/bonus.
Now many of them just can't afford to do so and remain competitive.

Yes, but many couldn't afford that BEFORE ACA and were putting people at part time hours. So please explain how that trend was happening BEFORE ACA was passed.

As I said, I don't doubt businesses are hurt by this, but they were hurting before as well.

Yes, but many couldn't afford that BEFORE ACA and were putting people at part time hours.
Which is irrelevant to it being offered as an incentive/bonus by those who did.
And of those who couldn't do so previously? Are they able to offer it now?

Which is irrelevant to it being offered as an incentive/bonus by those who did.
And of those who couldn't do so previously? Are they able to offer it now?

It's not irrelevant at all. You're blaming the ACA for employers not offering health insurance. I simply pointed out that businesses were moving to that trend anyway.

I am not supportive of the ACA, but I am not delusioned to think that it is the SOLE reason behind this when the trend was already moving that way due to a bad economy. Did ACA make it worse? Maybe. Is ACA the cause of it all? No.

It's not irrelevant at all. You're blaming the ACA for employers not offering health insurance. I simply pointed out that businesses were moving to that trend anyway.
Yes it is irrelevant because it was offered as an incentive/bonus by those businesses that could afford it.
Doing such was the trend.
That, and the way it is now, are not the same situations at all.

I am not supportive of the ACA, but I am not delusioned to think that it is the SOLE reason behind this when the trend was already moving that way due to a bad economy. Did ACA make it worse? Maybe. Is ACA the cause of it all? No.
The way it is now. Reality.
ACA, unless defunded/repealed, is reality. There is not much choice involved here. Either do or don't.

ACA is the reason that employers will not be offering it. ACA is that sole reason. That is not delusional, but reality.

Many Americans believe dinosaurs and humans existed on this planet at the same time. Is the percentage relevant? If 100% believed it, would it be true?

Wouldn't make it true, but the percentage is relevant when talking about a political issue.

We don't decide on Dinosaurs and Humans and existance by votes from the pubic. We do with politicians.

Let's not bee foolish enough to think that population sentiment, REGARDLESS whether you think that sentiment is an accurate or correct one to have, doesn't have an impact on politics.

That said, we're still months out from the next election of any relevance, and even during this highly charged time of talking about the program it's only showing a mild percentage of independents (and Dems, but that's a lesser concern politically) actually casting blame in that direction. How much impact it will have is really up for question.

I don't think it's a huge deal and wouldn't start an OP about it...but I do think you're a bit off base comparing what is essentially a variation of an approval rating on an issue to creationism.

If your employer did this to you, why are you blaming ACA? It was the capitalists and that's the problem. As long as we let capitalists control our access to health care, we will be subject to their greed.

Keep telling yourself that when all the employers are gone and no one has a job so they can buy insurance, a house, or anything else. Why is it liberals expect everything for free, oh yeah, they're liberals.:roll:

While these are very early days for the nation's new health care law, some Americans are already blaming it for higher premiums and few report much in the way of benefits so far.

The third quarter CNBC All-America Economic Survey finds nearly one in five Americans believe their health insurance costs have gone up because of Obamacare. The answers are highly partisan, but not entirely so. For example, about a third of Republicans and tea party supporters believe they have experienced negative economic effects from the law—about 10 points above the average—but 20 percent of Independents and 11 percent of Democrats are also among the group.

Americans blame Obamacare already for higher costs

Is it true that MSNBC took a poll of their viewers and 80% blame Bush for the terrible law called Obamacare!

Is it true that MSNBC took a poll of their viewers and 80% blame Bush for the terrible law called Obamacare!

that is the fallback position for all liberals

Many Americans believe dinosaurs and humans existed on this planet at the same time. Is the percentage relevant? If 100% believed it, would it be true?

And will Deuce ask this question again when the poll supports his own views?! STAY TUNED!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom