• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AMERICANS ARE SCREWY

Gas has appreciated by a lot more than 50¢

OH REALLY ??....DUH. Try to get the gist......call me when you do....
Although I guess now the new line of the left is to just mock poor and middle class Americans being squeezed. Bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off
Nothing to do with this..............why are Trumpers so thickish???

I pay a lot of fuel at the pump, and I mean a lot. Like I pay over 10 dollars for a gallon. But then again the lowest basic health insurance (all meds, hospital stays, doctor visits) costs about 99 dollars a month (with an additional 400 dollars own risk payment). Now I have a better insurance pack and I do not pay that 400 dollars, with the additional benefit from the government due to me being unable to work due to illness, I pay about 110 dollars a month for everything including dental care, dieticians, physical therapist).

But as fuel is expensive here, I have a small city car (I live in the city) and my fuel economy is about 40 miles to the gallon. And my driving a year is about 200 miles or so maybe 300 so the costs are not too bad. But as said, I am pretty sure when I take health insurance and fuel costs together, I am off better I assume than people who have to buy health care in the US. Because for a single person I think the average in the US is about 4 times.

Also in the Netherlands, all children younger than 18 are also insured for free on the parents health insurance. So a 2 parent family with 3 children who are not yet 18, would pay about 198 for the entire family.

Looking at only two aspects of the overall cost of living is strange, but so are threads based on such memes.

It will be interesting to see if this mocking of consumers plays well come elections.

I pay a lot of fuel at the pump, and I mean a lot. Like I pay over 10 dollars for a gallon. But then again the lowest basic health insurance (all meds, hospital stays, doctor visits) costs about 99 dollars a month (with an additional 400 dollars own risk payment). Now I have a better insurance pack and I do not pay that 400 dollars, with the additional benefit from the government due to me being unable to work due to illness, I pay about 110 dollars a month for everything including dental care, dieticians, physical therapist).

But as fuel is expensive here, I have a small city car (I live in the city) and my fuel economy is about 40 miles to the gallon. And my driving a year is about 200 miles or so maybe 300 so the costs are not too bad. But as said, I am pretty sure when I take health insurance and fuel costs together, I am off better I assume than people who have to buy health care in the US. Because for a single person I think the average in the US is about 4 times.

Also in the Netherlands, all children younger than 18 are also insured for free on the parents health insurance. So a 2 parent family with 3 children who are not yet 18, would pay about 198 for the entire family.

OK, but…

OH REALLY ??....DUH. Try to get the gist......call me when you do....
The gist is you’re mocking the pain of millions of Americans because your preferred health care policy has not been enacted. You’re acting as though high energy costs wouldn’t effect anyone if they were on a different health care regime. That dog won’t hunt.
Nothing to do with this..............why are Trumpers so thickish???
Why won’t the stupid peasants accept the high gas prices? That’s your argument?

OK, but…

Well, in restaurants our prices are inclusive tips and service. What you pay is the full price, no added prices.

As said, gasoline is a lot more expensive and our transit system is a lot different.

Yes, childcare is more expensive, but you get almost every dollar you pay for child care back from the government. So yes, child care is more expensive but between even if you earn 100,000 dollars a year, you get half the money back for the first child and you get 86% back for the second child. So the child care costs a lot more, but almost everybody who uses this get most of their money back. Lower income earners get 96% of their money back.

It also does not include health care. So this comparison is a bit defective IMO.

Although I guess now the new line of the left is to just mock poor and middle class Americans being squeezed. Bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off
Your faux concern for poor and middle class Americans is noted...and laughed at. You can't pull off the empathy.

Squeezed by a few extra dollars at the pump is bad, but bankrupted by the first moderately serious health issue is OK?

Looking at only two aspects of the overall cost of living is strange, but so are threads based on such memes.

you missed the point

The gist is you’re mocking the pain of millions of Americans because your preferred health care policy has not been enacted. You’re acting as though high energy costs wouldn’t effect anyone if they were on a different health care regime. That dog won’t hunt.

Why won’t the stupid peasants accept the high gas prices? That’s your argument?
no---------------hippocrites, pennywise pound foolish, etc

I agree with you on the gas issue, but it is the health care issue that is affecting the poor and middle class more than anything.

Trumptards are all of the poor and middle class Americans, now? How come Republicans haven't gotten the popular vote once in almost two decades?

Trumptards are all of the poor and middle class Americans, now? How come Republicans haven't gotten the popular vote once in almost two decades?
What on earth are you on about? Partisan jockeying at it's lowest.

After almost a decade of hearing conservatives accuse everyone left of John McCain of being a commie, I don't care if you call me partisan when I insult conservatives.
I do not care about party, I do care about living beings.

I do not care about party, I do care about living beings.
If you don't care for the partisan jockeying, you're free to avoid it. Neither I nor EMN have provable history of shying away from partisan hackery, and if he wants to defend himself from my jabs, he is free to do so himself.

If you don't care for the partisan jockeying, you're free to avoid it. Neither I nor EMN have provable history of shying away from partisan hackery, and if he wants to defend himself from my jabs, he is free to do so himself.
Lol, try harder.

Back
Top Bottom