• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans Are Dying In The Pandemic At Rates Far Higher Than In Other Countries

Then again that poster was jeering at people that didnt want to catch the virus. Remember when we had people that said they wanted to get it?
Because the people who don’t want to catch it are really just smug leftists giving people the trial run for their totalitarian police state.

We are doing much better than the left wants to have you believe.
I know. But I think it’s more a case of them being desperate to convince themselves. The lie has to be believable or else it causes too much discomfort to live with.

Turning the corner?

El Paso crosses another Covid-19 record as the children's hospital takes on extra patients
(CNN) — First, funeral homes had to bring in extra refrigeration for the new coronavirus surge.
Then El Paso County enacted a curfew to try to limit the virus's spread.
Now, El Paso has surpassed its record-high number of new cases, with at least 1,559 infections reported Sunday.
And a local children's hospital is taking in patients from the overwhelmed University Medical Center of El Paso, which is struggling to keep up with the Covid-19 surge.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/us/el-paso-covid-surge-curfew/index.html

Because the people who don’t want to catch it are really just smug leftists giving people the trial run for their totalitarian police state.

wut

North Korea is a left wing regime.

Using the United States of America as a "mid-point" between "left wing" and "right wing", I'd estimate that approximately 90% of the countries in the world would have to be considered "left wing".

Compared to the United States of America, even Canada is "left wing".

IR, thank you for the almost 3 month old update but your "update" is about cumulative deaths. This thread is about the US death rate for the 5 months starting May 7 (that's about the time trump said it would magically disappear). while other most other rich countries got their death rates down under 5/100k, the US is about 30 deaths/100k. so again

Americans are dying at unparalleled rates

We're 3 times worse that Sweden and they did nothing. so I'm sure your misunderstanding of my clear straightforward posts, the article about the study and the study itself is just an innocent mistake on your part just like Tlrim. Once he figured it out what the study actually said he was totally dishonest but I'm sure you wont react the same because of course not all conservatives are liars when they make fools of themselves. anyhoo, lets discuss the incompetence and dishonesty of trump that has killed 10s thousands of Americans and hurt the economy.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/08/05/899365887/charts-how-the-u-s-ranks-on-covid-19-deaths-per-capita-and-by-case-countTHE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
Charts: How The U.S. Ranks On COVID-19 Deaths Per Capita — And By Case Count
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flipboard
  • Email
August 5, 2020
But in terms of case fatality ratio, the U.S. is doing significantly better than many other countries. The country's case fatality ratio is 3.3%, meaning that for every 100 people with COVID-19, only about three die and we rank at number 24 in this category. The media doesn' like to report this number because it reflects well on how the Trump administration has dealt with Covid and since the democrats don't have policies to fun on they run on fear of Covid. Full story and charts in the above link.

MORTALITY ANALYSES
SHARE:
Mortality in the most affected countries
For the twenty countries currently most affected by COVID-19 worldwide, the bars in the chart below show the number of deaths either per 100 confirmed cases (observed case-fatality ratio) or per 100,000 population (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people). Countries at the top of this figure have the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases or population, not necessarily the most deaths overall.
Charts are contained in the above link which shows the US far better off than most countries. The media must have missed these reports.

Worldwide mortality

The diagonal lines on the chart below correspond to different case fatality ratios (the number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases). Countries falling on the uppermost lines have the highest observed case fatality ratios. Points with a black border correspond to the 20 most affected countries by COVID-19 worldwide, based on the number of deaths. Hover over the circles to see the country name and a ratio value. Use the boxes on the top to toggle between: 1) mortality per absolute number of cases (total confirmed cases within a country); and mortality per 100,000 people (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people).

I know. But I think it’s more a case of them being desperate to convince themselves. The lie has to be believable or else it causes too much discomfort to live with.
O, you're back. Weren't you supposed to respond to my questions and posts? that is your standard. Remember, you thought I was obligated to respond to your deflecting posts. here's another question your "standards" require you to respond to: Why are you desperately deflecting from the topic of trump's dishonesty and incompetence that has killed 10s of thousands of Americans and hurt the economy?

and here's a bonus question, why are you happy that a paid Russian troll who's job is to undermine American democracy, kill more Americans and hurt the economy?

During this pandemic, people in the United States are currently dying at rates unparalleled elsewhere in the world.

A new report in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that over the last 5 months per capita deaths in the U.S., both from COVID-19 and other causes have been far greater than in 18 other high-income countries

Seriously what do you expect when Trump and republicans downplay and lie about the severity of Covid19, discourage mask use, shutdown and social distancing. Trump and the republican's actions have killed Americans and hurt the economy. Its not even debatable. Why is this acceptable to conservatives?

No, but the United States does pay vastly more to falsely report deaths as covid-19 deaths.

Most ACTUAL covid-19 deaths were deliberately caused by Democratic Party governors by mass murdering people in assisted living and hospice care. Tens of thousands - plus those they don't count because the rushed them to die in a hospital.

I'm sorry j, this is a debate forum not a preteen Russian conspiracy forum. I posted a study from the Journal of American Medical Association, a respected peer-reviewed scientific journal that shows Americans currently dying at unparalleled rates. This proves trump's incompetence and dishonesty has killed 10s thousands of Americans and hurt the economy. I realize things are really tough in Russia right now but cant you find honest work?

No, but the United States does pay vastly more to falsely report deaths as covid-19 deaths.

Most ACTUAL covid-19 deaths were deliberately caused by Democratic Party governors by mass murdering people in assisted living and hospice care. Tens of thousands - plus those they don't count because the rushed them to die in a hospital.

I think one of the problems you're having is you're still listening to something from 7-8 months ago that Fauci admitted was wrong and oddly comparing it to the consistent agenda from Trump and Republicans that have led to more deaths and hurt the economy. Trump and republicans politicized mask wearing, social distancing, partial shutdowns and science. Thats why we have a death rate a third world country would be embarrassed by. And conservatives are still obediently attacking wearing a mask. Here's a thread literally from 2 days ago still lying about wearing masks

The big difference is that Fauci can admit he was wrong about something and Trump can't. Even to God, as he suggested.

++ No doubt another Soros-funded operation.

++ I think criminally negligent homicide might be a charge that would stick. Mass murder may be a stretch. Then again, maybe the democrats believed that the pandemic would be gone by April as the stable genius predicted. Anyway, how do you explain the recent increase in deaths and disease in GOP governed areas? You must have a paranoid theory on that as well.

IR, thank you for the almost 3 month old update but your "update" is about cumulative deaths. This thread is about the US death rate for the 5 months starting May 7 (that's about the time trump said it would magically disappear). while other most other rich countries got their death rates down under 5/100k, the US is about 30 deaths/100k. so again

Americans are dying at unparalleled rates

We're 3 times worse that Sweden and they did nothing. so I'm sure your misunderstanding of my clear straightforward posts, the article about the study and the study itself is just an innocent mistake on your part just like Tlrim. Once he figured it out what the study actually said he was totally dishonest but I'm sure you wont react the same because of course not all conservatives are liars when they make fools of themselves. anyhoo, lets discuss the incompetence and dishonesty of trump that has killed 10s thousands of Americans and hurt the economy.

I can't give you any charts or graphs going back as far as 07 MAY 20, will 10 MAY 20 do?

20-10-29 C1 - 7 Day Average GRAPH.JPG

20-10-29 C2 - 10 Day Average of Averages GRAPH.JPG.JPG

20-10-29 B1 - Mortality Rate CLOSED GRAPH.JPG

The US is NOT doing worse than ALL countries (which is the implication of the thread title). The US does have a higher number of active cases than all other countries.

HOWEVER the US has a lower number of cases per million than 13 other countries (Andorra, Bahrain, Qatar, Aruba, French Guiana, Israel, Vatican City, Belgium, Panama, Kuwait, Armenia, Czechia, and Montenegro).

[ASIDE - Yesterday only 12 countries had a higher number of case per million, so you can clearly see that the US has improved its position by 0.64% over night. According to Professor vonTotalklutz of the BS (Statistics) department at The University of Numerology, that rate of improvement means that ALL of the countries in the world will have higher cases per million than the US does in 74.3 days.]​

ALSO America has a lower number of deaths per million than 11 other countries (San Marina, Peru, Belgium, Andorra, Spain, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Ecuador).

The appropriate response to that post would get me banned, so I'll stick with

00-00-02 - BS meter.jpg

++ I think criminally negligent homicide might be a charge that would stick. Mass murder may be a stretch. Then again, maybe the democrats believed that the pandemic would be gone by April as the stable genius predicted. Anyway, how do you explain the recent increase in deaths and disease in GOP governed areas? You must have a paranoid theory on that as well.

Haven't you been following the polls?

Those areas have been "turning Blue" (or at least "turning less Red").

Isn't it obvious that God is punishing the apostate?

[The above theological opinion, has been provided by "Billy Bob's Uniquely Right (wing) Christian -Thal- -Theu- -Thalu- -Thealug- Bible and Divinity School" [a wholly owned subsidiary of Billy Bob's Only True Original Fundamentalist Four-Square Evangelical Revived Reformed Revealed Biblical Church of Jesus Christ The Perfect Arisen Son Of The Living God World Awakening (Just Send Us Your Folding Money Because Worship Should Be Silent) All Aryan White Soul's Salvation, Redemption, and Witnessing Storefront Mission, B-B-Q, Gun & Body Shop. (INC)] where the motto is "God has already told us what to think, and we'll tell you so you don't have to." to the the law firm of Wieselwort, du Plicité, Poco-Escrupuloso, Flerd, and Corrotto LLP, was paid for and has been officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"The First Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

The US is NOT doing worse than ALL countries (which is the implication of the thread title). The US does have a higher number of active cases than all other countries.

HOWEVER the US has a lower number of cases per million than 13 other countries (Andorra, Bahrain, Qatar, Aruba, French Guiana, Israel, Vatican City, Belgium, Panama, Kuwait, Armenia, Czechia, and Montenegro).
[ASIDE - Yesterday only 12 countries had a higher number of case per million, so you can clearly see that the US has improved its position by 0.64% over night. According to Professor vonTotalklutz of the BS (Statistics) department at The University of Numerology, that rate of improvement means that ALL of the countries in the world will have higher cases per million than the US does in 74.3 days.]​

ALSO America has a lower number of deaths per million than 11 other countries (San Marina, Peru, Belgium, Andorra, Spain, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Ecuador).
TU, we've had this conversation already. Its a study of current death rates of rich countries over 5 million in population. The study and the article clearly delineates that. It shows that while were in the bottom group at the beginning of the pandemic but not the worst, we have an unparalleled death rate since the summer. Other comparable countries have gotten their death rates under control. One of the first graphs you posted showed that. Their death curves are flat. Ours is still going up.

We are not discussing San Marina, Peru, , Andorra, , Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Ecuador. We are however discussing Belgium and Spain. Yes, they have a worse total cumulative death rate but the study is the death rate since the summer. Their current death rates are 7 times lower than ours.

Attachments

TU, we've had this conversation already. Its a study of current death rates of rich countries over 5 million in population. The study and the article clearly delineates that. It shows that while were in the bottom group at the beginning of the pandemic but not the worst, we have an unparalleled death rate since the summer. Other comparable countries have gotten their death rates under control. One of the first graphs you posted showed that. Their death curves are flat. Ours is still going up.

We are not discussing San Marina, Peru, , Andorra, , Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Ecuador. We are however discussing Belgium and Spain. Yes, they have a worse total cumulative death rate but the study is the death rate since the summer. Their current death rates are 7 times lower than ours.

Attachments

I have absolutely no qualms about admitting that the US most certainly isn't "punching up to its weight" in its struggle to get a grip on COVID-19.

However, the US is NOT doing worse than ALL other countries - which is the implication of the thread title.

It does appear that, currently, the European rates are "zooming" while the US rates are "staying fairly flat", but the US rates DO tend to lag behind the European rates by a couple or three weeks. Today is the first day since 27 SEP 20 that the US 7 day average death rate exceeded 800 (it bottomed out on 20 OCT 20 at 718 and has been climbing slowly since then [if today is an exception, I simply don't know]).

PS - Might I suggest that you get your sarcasm detector re-calibrated since no rational person would be doing anything other than being sarcastic when they compared the US to places like San Marino and Vatican City.

The effectiveness of masks is not a revolving science. Their use against viruses has been around since the Spanish flu of 1918. I’m sure Fauci is aware of this. Was aware of it when he downplayed the use of masks early on. As you note Covid is a virus. It may be new but the science dealing with viruses isn’t new.

Yep, but Trump being POTUS is new so its all his fault - look it up. ;)

Yep, but Trump being POTUS is new so its all his fault - look it up. ;)
Yea, I don’t know what he was thinking when he imposed tariffs on China. They said they would retaliate.

The effectiveness of masks is not a revolving science. Their use against viruses has been around since the Spanish flu of 1918. I’m sure Fauci is aware of this. Was aware of it when he downplayed the use of masks early on. As you note Covid is a virus. It may be new but the science dealing with viruses isn’t new.
oh look, you're still talking about Fauci's statements from 8 months ago as if the last 8 months of trump's dishonesty and incompetence doesn't exist and as if your Fauci comments werent addressed. You're also ignoring the thread topic that shows trump's dishonesty and incompetence is killing Americans. This would bad/typical for any conservative (or conservative like poster) but you think you were "owed" answers to your deflecting questions. That makes it worse than the typical conservative deflections. I'm guessing you're told what you can and can not post.

oh look, you're still talking about Fauci's statements from 8 months ago as if the last 8 months of trump's dishonesty and incompetence doesn't exist and as if your Fauci comments werent addressed. You're also ignoring the thread topic that shows trump's dishonesty and incompetence is killing Americans. This would bad/typical for any conservative (or conservative like poster) but you think you were "owed" answers to your deflecting questions. That makes it worse than the typical conservative deflections. I'm guessing you're told what you can and can not post.
That’s an opinion which I don’t share. Are you looking for a choir?

Back
Top Bottom