• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans are deadly to capitalists!

James972

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yes, there are about 10,000 companies [and about 100,000 accompanying personal tragedies] that go bankrupt every month in the holocaust of capitalism merely because they can't satisfy the often trivial whims of fickle and deadly consumers. Indeed, Americans are brutal and deadly to capitalists. If you doubt it try investing your life savings, try going into business to face the long odds against survival that every capitalist faces.

Yes, there are about 10,000 companies [and about 100,000 accompanying personal tragedies] that go bankrupt every month in the holocaust of capitalism merely because they can't satisfy the often trivial whims of fickle and deadly consumers. Indeed, Americans are brutal and deadly to capitalists. If you doubt it try investing your life savings, try going into business to face the long odds against survival that every capitalist faces.

"Holocaust of capitalism"

What.

Not sure if anti-capitalist rant or just angry about competition.

Starting and running a business is no easy task. When you're the owner (or part owner), it's all on you (and your partner if it applies) and most fail. It can be a bit....ruthless at times, but you live and you learn.

When you produce or provide something that the public wants or needs, or both, then the public rewards you by purchasing your product or service thereby making you a sucess.

A holocaust of capitalism? Someone obviously doesn't understand capitalism. And as for the use of the word holocaust, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

A holocaust of capitalism? Someone obviously doesn't understand capitalism. And as for the use of the word holocaust, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Seriously. Did the site owner forget to spray lately?

If you really want capitalism with minimal or no regulation, go to China, or even better, almost any third-world democracy. Then you can find out what it's like with capitalism truly unbound.

i am sorry

where did you read, or hear that it was supposed to be easy?

my wife owns her own business with her brother....for 28 years now

lots of night sweating out payroll, and working with vendors

but i wouldnt want it any other way

you either learn, or you die....adapt to changing markets, or die

provide what your customers want at a price they can live with, or die

not all are supposed to succeed.....but most of those that fail usually learn the 2nd or 3rd time around

It sounds like the Holocaust of evolution in miniature.

It sounds like the Holocaust of evolution in miniature.

it is something like that so why don't we have something that is is nicer to capitalists? Why should they suffer so much from failing to please us. They literally have to be the best in the world to survive. What a life.

Not sure if anti-capitalist rant or just angry about competition.

Starting and running a business is no easy task. When you're the owner (or part owner), it's all on you (and your partner if it applies) and most fail. It can be a bit....ruthless at times, but you live and you learn.

yes, but we are a compassionate people and we should have welfare programs for failed businesses just as we have them for failed people. Screw the moral hazard involved.

i am sorry

where did you read, or hear that it was supposed to be easy?

nobody said easy!!!!! A capitalist has to be the best in the world just to survive thanks to globilization. That's not easy its brutally difficult! Republicans are the pro capitalist folks!! Democrats could be talked into some welfare programs I'd bet.

nobody said easy!!!!! A capitalist has to be the best in the world just to survive thanks to globilization. That's not easy its brutally difficult! Republicans are the pro capitalist folks!! Democrats could be talked into some welfare programs I'd bet.

sorry but no

i hate corporate welfare and government intervention....fail, and the market will bring in a new company to fill your void

i hate farm subsidies

and i think we have too many "give-away" programs as it is

i dont want government involved with small businesses other than the SBA for working capital (and even they could be abolished as the programs have gotten crazy with red tape)

you win, or you lose....based on your idea, hard work, and a fair playing field

that is all most business owners want, or need

you win, or you lose....based on your idea, hard work, and a fair playing field

and do you have the same hard attitude toward failing individuals??

Well, then, it's a love-hate relationship because capitalism can't exist without 'em.

Stay in school.

it is something like that so why don't we have something that is is nicer to capitalists? Why should they suffer so much from failing to please us. They literally have to be the best in the world to survive. What a life.

That's how societies get ahead.

That's how societies get ahead.

sure but a safety net for those who fail in a system where very very few can survive seems in order- right?

Well, then, it's a love-hate relationship because capitalism can't exist without 'em.

Stay in school.

yes its like sheep to the slaughter!! Where is our compassion?

and do you have the same hard attitude toward failing individuals??

Yes for the most part

I believe every individual deserves a chance, maybe even two

But they have to take advantage of the opportunities they get

Failing is a part of life....it teaches valuable lessons that you can't get any other way

Some people get right back up, and try again

Others never try once they fail.....they give up

Depending on your age, you probably have met many of both types

I know I have

sure but a safety net for those who fail in a system where very very few can survive seems in order- right?

The capitalists' safty net is getting a job or living off savings from better days.

What the heck are you talking about?

Deadly consumers?

If you think you are making sense...guess again.

Having read a few of your posts, I have NO IDEA what you stand for. You seem all over the map. Stating one thing and then seemingly taking the opposite position in a later post.

I honestly believe you get drunk, come on here and start posting and typing like a machine gun...no offense.
And this OP rant is a good example of that.

I do not agree or disagree with what you are saying...I just have no idea what the point is. Are you trying to insult consumers? Asking for sympathy for entrepreneurs? Talking down capitalism?
And what is with the 'deadly' theme?
Consumers buy things when they want them and can afford them. It's nothing to do with death or vindictiveness.

Last edited:

Deadly consumers?

If you think you are making sense...guess again.

Having read a few of your posts, I have NO IDEA what you stand for. You seem all over the map. Stating one thing and then seemingly taking the opposite position in a later post.

I honestly believe you get drunk, come on here and start posting and typing like a machine gun...no offense.
And this OP rant is a good example of that.

I do not agree or disagree with what you are saying...I just have no idea what the point is. Are you trying to insult consumers? Asking for sympathy for entrepreneurs? Talking down capitalism?
And what is with the 'deadly' theme?
Consumers buy things when they want them and can afford them. It's nothing to do with death or vindictiveness.

do you feel we should have a social safety net for failed businessmen like we have one for failed individuals.

Deadly consumers?

yes consumers kill off businesses all the time by refusing to buy their products

Back
Top Bottom