• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American PR Firm Responsible for Rebranding Putin.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
U.S. public-relations firm helps Putin make his case to America.....

ade1cc99-54e8-4279-997b-507c043bf8c7_Putin-shirtless.jpg

In April 2011, then-Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was asked an unusually flattering question by an American journalist: "Are you the coolest man in politics?"

The interview, which ran on the website of Outdoor Life magazine, was set up by Ketchum Inc., the U.S. public-relations firm that has worked to burnish Russia's image since 2006.

On Thursday, Ketchum scored another public-relations coup: It helped place a Putin commentary in opinion pages of The New York Times, just as representatives from Russia and the United States were beginning to meet in Geneva to negotiate a plan for Syria to give up its chemical weapons.

The article made quite a splash in Washington. Putin painted himself as a peacemaker and lectured the United States for what he said was a tendency to use "brute force" in world disputes. U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said he was "insulted" by the article, while the White House noted that Putin was taking advantage of press freedoms unavailable in Russia.

Ketchum, a division of the Omnicom Group Inc., has earned more than $25 million working for Russia, according to documents filed with the U.S. Department of Justice. It also has been paid more than $26 million since 2007 to promote Gazprom, Russia's state-owned gas company.

In 2007, Ketchum successfully lobbied Time magazine to name Putin its "Person of the Year," according to U.S. Justice Department lobbying disclosure filings that show repeated meetings between Ketchum representatives and Time staffers.

"He expanded his outsize - if not always benign - influence on global affairs," Time wrote of Putin.....snip~

U.S. public-relations firm helps Putin make his case to America

Well, well, well.....What do you think about this. Same US Pr Firm lobbied for Putin to make the Cover of Time magazine? Anyone know about this Company? Why were they able to get the NY Times to allow Putin an Op-Ed to Diss the United Stated? Why would this American Company want to do such a thing?

Where are those Obamatons now? Always trying to play it like people are Hailing Putin. Got anything to say about this US Company that gives more money to the Democrat in the US? As they try and soften Russia's viewed perception on Humanitarian Issues. Thoughts?

Not to mention this Pr Firm is in the UK and has worked to get Cameron Elected. Course I was looking at who they are contributing to in the US. As usual they play it both ways. Donating to both US parties of Democrats and Republicans. With more money going to the Dems.

Idaho - $3,633,026 in Political Contributions for 2010.....

Idaho - $3,633,026 in Political Contributions for 2010

U.S. public-relations firm helps Putin make his case to America.....

ade1cc99-54e8-4279-997b-507c043bf8c7_Putin-shirtless.jpg

In April 2011, then-Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was asked an unusually flattering question by an American journalist: "Are you the coolest man in politics?"

The interview, which ran on the website of Outdoor Life magazine, was set up by Ketchum Inc., the U.S. public-relations firm that has worked to burnish Russia's image since 2006.

On Thursday, Ketchum scored another public-relations coup: It helped place a Putin commentary in opinion pages of The New York Times, just as representatives from Russia and the United States were beginning to meet in Geneva to negotiate a plan for Syria to give up its chemical weapons.

The article made quite a splash in Washington. Putin painted himself as a peacemaker and lectured the United States for what he said was a tendency to use "brute force" in world disputes. U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said he was "insulted" by the article, while the White House noted that Putin was taking advantage of press freedoms unavailable in Russia.

Ketchum, a division of the Omnicom Group Inc., has earned more than $25 million working for Russia, according to documents filed with the U.S. Department of Justice. It also has been paid more than $26 million since 2007 to promote Gazprom, Russia's state-owned gas company.

In 2007, Ketchum successfully lobbied Time magazine to name Putin its "Person of the Year," according to U.S. Justice Department lobbying disclosure filings that show repeated meetings between Ketchum representatives and Time staffers.

"He expanded his outsize - if not always benign - influence on global affairs," Time wrote of Putin.....snip~

U.S. public-relations firm helps Putin make his case to America

Well, well, well.....What do you think about this. Same US Pr Firm lobbied for Putin to make the Cover of Time magazine? Anyone know about this Company? Why were they able to get the NY Times to allow Putin an Op-Ed to Diss the United Stated? Why would this American Company want to do such a thing?

Where are those Obamatons now? Always trying to play it like people are Hailing Putin. Got anything to say about this US Company that gives more money to the Democrat in the US? As they try and soften Russia's viewed perception on Humanitarian Issues. Thoughts?

PR is the REAL "invisible hand".

Touches virtually everything you see and hear in the media.

No one can deny that the spotlight has moved from a strange, reclusive, absent Obama to Putin's appearance as a reasonable strongman. It is a combination of PR and a lack of American presidential leadership. Putin was astute enough to see the void coming and stepped in to fill it.

PR is the REAL "invisible hand".

Touches virtually everything you see and hear in the media.

Heya WI. :2wave: Yeah I had not heard of these guys to much. Until Putin started getting thrown into the lime light over Syria. Still they were responsible for getting Putin that piece in the NY Times.

Thanks for confirming what we already knew about the GOP brand, sans McCain.

Thanks for proving how blind you are to this group Donating more money to the Democrats. Just so they can soften up Putins Image for the likes of Americans.

Wonder when you will start taking that whine to the Liberal NY Times media source. What afraid to speak out against your Corporate Sponsors.

With friends like you guys, the Soviets no longer have enemies and have a free hand to support terrorist Nations breaking multiple resolutions. And now you admit they have an American PR firm helping Putin. But I gave my word to a liberal that I would never attack on race again.
Heya WI. :2wave: Yeah I had not heard of these guys to much. Until Putin started getting thrown into the lime light over Syria. Still they were responsible for getting Putin that piece in the NY Times.

No one can deny that the spotlight has moved from a strange, reclusive, absent Obama to Putin's appearance as a reasonable strongman. It is a combination of PR and a lack of American presidential leadership. Putin was astute enough to see the void coming and stepped in to fill it.

Heya Ray. :2wave: Looks like these guys are spending money to Advertise Russia Oil Company too.

With friends like you guys, the Soviets no longer have enemies and have a free hand to support terrorist Nations breaking multiple resolutions. And now you admit they have an American PR firm helping Putin. But I gave my word to a liberal that I would never attack on race again.

Looks like you and your types are in real good with them.....and in on the money too. So what was that you were now admitting about being one of the real traitors to the country. Hope you aren't hiding behind the front lines.

Means nothing.
What means everything is what you bragged about.
That they are helping PUTIN.

As the Soviet press does for America.
Are you enjoying this?
Who did you wrong man?
Are you sure you're not a fortywhiner fan?
Thanks for proving how blind you are to this group Donating more money to the Democrats. Just so they can soften up Putins Image for the likes of Americans.

Wonder when you will start taking that whine to the Liberal NY Times media source. What afraid to speak out against your Corporate Sponsors.

As you are right now.
Do you get away with specifically calling another poster a traitor often?
Looks like you and your types are in real good with them.....and in on the money too. So what was that you were now admitting about being one of the real traitors to the country. Hope you aren't hiding behind the front lines.

Heya Ray. :2wave: Looks like these guys are spending money to Advertise Russia Oil Company too.

Hello MMC. Putin's a smart guy, Russia will soon control Middle Eastern oil and Obama just let it slip away. Germany has also been jockeying for a position in the Middle East for the same reason. Our gas prices will soon take a sharp turn upward.

Means nothing.
What means everything is what you bragged about.
That they are helping PUTIN.

As the Soviet press does for America.
Are you enjoying this?
Who did you wrong man?

"Oh", So you now want to say the NY Times is the Soviet Press. :lol:

Yeah, I am enjoying discovering who was really responsible for allowing Putin to Disrespect this Country on a Global Scale. Now that I have found out and who it is pointing to and which type of MS Media source that allowed it to happen. I kinda like seeing those on the left fidgeting about knowing it was their own brethren.

Nah, I am the Bane that is your Cure!

As you are right now.
Do you get away with specifically calling another poster a traitor often?

You weren't looking to deflect so that your inferences and innuendoes wouldn't point back to your own behavior now, Would you. :roll:

Did you still want to try and derail? If not you know where to take it.....Right?

Hello MMC. Putin's a smart guy, Russia will soon control Middle Eastern oil and Obama just let it slip away. Germany has also been jockeying for a position in the Middle East for the same reason. Our gas prices will soon take a sharp turn upward.

Well.....I had heard the Saud had been talking to Putin. But I don't know if the rumors are true on anything that was said about some sort of deal between the two. It was suppose to be something over gas revenues for Europe.

Well.....I had heard the Saud had been talking to Putin. But I don't know if the rumors are true on anything that was said about some sort of deal between the two. It was suppose to be something over gas revenues for Europe.

Unfortunately we'll see more and more of this as Obama is ushered off of the world stage.

Yeah, I am enjoying discovering who was really responsible for allowing Putin to Disrespect this Country on a Global Scale. Now that I have found out and who it is pointing to and which type of MS Media source that allowed it to happen. I kinda like seeing those on the left fidgeting about knowing it was their own brethren.

Unlike Russia, we have a free press. If Putin wants to hire a PR firm and post an Op/Ed article in a newspaper, he's welcome to.

Unfortunately we'll see more and more of this as Obama is ushered off of the world stage.

Didn't they say gas was going up recently?

Should we be concerned if the Europeans have to pay more to Russia? Why should we care if thats what the Euros want to do?

Unlike Russia, we have a free press. If Putin wants to hire a PR firm and post an Op/Ed article in a newspaper, he's welcome to.

Well if you had read up on Ketchum. Then you will discover it was they who approached Putin.

Also just because they are free to do so. Doesn't mean they had to take that option.

Moerover.....no one has to like it and then they can speak out too.

Well if you had read up on Ketchum. Then you will discover it was they who approached Putin.

Also just because they are free to do so. Doesn't mean they had to take that option.

Moerover.....no one has to like it and then they can speak out too.

Are you proposing that we make it illegal for US PR firms to approach foreign nationals? Would you like newspapers to not be allowed to publish op/eds from foreign nationals? I think it's important that US companies are free to approach and be hired by whomever they want in order to publish whatever they want. I don't see any problem with the event in question.

Are you proposing that we make it illegal for US PR firms to approach foreign nationals? Would you like newspapers to not be allowed to publish op/eds from foreign nationals? I think it's important that US companies are free to approach and be hired by whomever they want in order to publish whatever they want. I don't see any problem with the event in question.

So what do you think the statement means?.....just because they are free to do so, doesn't mean they had to take that option.

Just because there is path before one.....doesn't necessarily means it is the Right Path to take.

Notice how that doesn't equate to me proposing anything that you are talking about.

So what do you think the statement means?.....just because they are free to do so, doesn't mean they had to take that option.

Just because there is path before one.....doesn't necessarily means it is the Right Path to take.

Notice how that doesn't equate to me proposing anything that you are talking about.

I'm saying that I don't see anything wrong with what they or Putin did. It's great that such a thing can be done. It would not be possible in Russia.

Are you enjoying this?
Who did you wrong man?

Linc, Linc, Linc.....as a 49er fan, I am dismayed by your poor choice of words.
Niners by 7 over the 'Hawks.
Even PEDs can't save 'em.

The 49ers started it with the She Hawks.
You have a point with the PEDs.
I'm having a rough time on DP defending Obama.
I gave my word I would never attack on race again.
Can't wait for Vegas week 6 of the NFL.
Giants at Bears Thur
Linc, Linc, Linc.....as a 49er fan, I am dismayed by your poor choice of words.
Niners by 7 over the 'Hawks.
Even PEDs can't save 'em.

Back
Top Bottom