• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'

I'd say that it depends on who gets to decide on what constitutes a better life.

Do the woman on the island get to decide? Or are they trapped there, with no choices? Do they even know if they have a choice?

Do the woman on the island get to decide? Or are they trapped there, with no choices? Do they even know if they have a choice?

How do you know what the women are thinking?

How do you know what the women are thinking?

I don't know. I'm only asking questions. Should anyone be concerned that the woman on the island might be abused or otherwise denied opportunities?

I have no idea. Do you?

Either way, it's not up to you to decide for them.

I don't know. I'm only asking questions. Should anyone be concerned that the woman on the island might be abused or otherwise denied opportunities?

Missing your point. You are saying the men on the island enslaved the women? Seriously, what is your claim?

Missing your point. You are saying the men on the island enslaved the women? Seriously, what is your claim?

If you are saying that people living in isolation are none of my business, then I can accept that. But then that could also mean I don't have to care about any people anywhere living in isolation, whether it be in a village in Pakistan or a cult hideout in Idaho.

Not unless they live there.

No but they should do more to protect us civilized folk. Build some sort of sea barrier maybe or have patrol boats protecting people from the island. However i don’t think it’s unreasonable either to go in with soldiers and get that body back. It’s on the beach so they don’t have to invade their camps etc.

Ps. How was your thanksgiving dinner? ;)

You mean like making it known it is illegal to go in that island which could not be reached on fòot?

I find it rather ironic that the leftists and other scumbags that believe this guy, an American, deserved being executed by arrows for stepping foot on land uninvited are some of the same people wanting the president to investigate Saudi Arabia for killing a foreign national and are cool with illegal aliens coming to this country without permission. I feel sorry for you people. You really need help.

The Indian government made it illegal as contact with the modern world may wipe them out due to disease.

Boy must have paid those fisherman well, but they're in major **** for taking him over there.

Wow good point.They would likely be extremely susceptible to such diseases.

I find it rather ironic that the leftists and other scumbags that believe this guy, an American, deserved being executed by arrows for stepping foot on land uninvited are some of the same people wanting the president to investigate Saudi Arabia for killing a foreign national and are cool with illegal aliens coming to this country without permission. I feel sorry for you people. You really need help.

I take it you want to get rid of the Castle Doctrine then??

What I'm saying is probably a bit too lofty, philosophical if you will.

But here you have a people, that have survived in this Island for a supposedly unbroken 55, 000 years, without even being able to produce fire.

I wonder what they have to teach us?

Again how does that cover ships that are in trouble etc?

Just as a response to your last couple of posts, of what happens when you attempt to recover bodies.

Not sure if they ever got them back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...kills-fishermen-who-strayed-on-to-island.html

The two men killed, Sunder Raj, 48, and Pandit Tiwari, 52, were fishing illegally for mud crabs off North Sentinel Island, a speck of land in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands archipelago.

During the night their anchor, a rock tied to a rope, failed to hold their open-topped boat against the currents and they drifted towards the island.

"As day broke, fellow fishermen say they tried to shout at the men and warn them they were in danger," said Samir Acharya, the head of the Society for Andaman and Nicobar Ecology, an environmental organisation.

"However they did not respond - they were probably drunk - and the boat drifted into the shallows where they were attacked and killed."

snip

After the fishermen's families raised the alarm, the Indian coastguard tried to recover the bodies using a helicopter but was met by the customary hail of arrows.

Photographs shot from the helicopter show the near-naked tribesmen rushing to fire. But the downdraught from its rotors exposed the two fisherman buried in shallow graves and not roasted and eaten, as local rumour suggested.

snip

Attempts to recover the bodies of the two men have been suspended, although the Andaman Islands police chief, Dharmendra Kumar, said an operation might be mounted later.

"Right now, there will be casualties on both sides," he said from Port Blair. "The tribesmen are out in large numbers. We shall let things cool down and once these tribals move to the island's other end we will sneak in and bring back the bodies."

Environmental groups urged the authorities to leave the bodies and respect the three-mile exclusion zone thrown around the island.

I take it you want to get rid of the Castle Doctrine then??

I know you are just being a smartass, but I actually value human life. I do not agree with killing someone just for setting foot on my property. I actually have principles, not just ideology. That may be difficult for some to wrap their narrow minds around.

Wow, now that's the most ignorant, immoral perspective possible. I thought you were a christian? How do refugees from violence and poverty get to be called invaders? They are the least of these, as Jesus described, and you, sir, are a hypocrite. When human need presents itself to you, your ilk rush to redefine it as something sinister rather than embrace an opportunity to do good.

It's one thing to be transparently dumb and cruel. It's another to flaunt it.

Fundamentalist "christians" are basically a hate group.

No but they should do more to protect us civilized folk. Build some sort of sea barrier maybe or have patrol boats protecting people from the island. However i don’t think it’s unreasonable either to go in with soldiers and get that body back. It’s on the beach so they don’t have to invade their camps etc.

Ps. How was your thanksgiving dinner? ;)

There are reefs that make the island inaccessable for 10 of 12 months and treacherous the other two. It is illegal, and everyone knows it. It is also the Indian government. The people aree protected, this dumbass should have been protected from his own stupidity?

I know you are just being a smartass, but I actually value human life. I do not agree with killing someone just for setting foot on my property. I actually have principles, not just ideology. That may be difficult for some to wrap their narrow minds around.

But you live in a big world made smaller by mass communication and technology. You have the benefit of schooling and understanding and knowlege of other cultures. Thes people know none of that. To them we are possibly then end of their existance. They live on a tiny island and have for thousands of years. I'm sure there are hardships of survival there we can scarecely imagine. I think it's quite unfair to judge their fear without knowing their history either.

Well, do you support personal responsibility? I mean, it's sad he died at all, but he knew that they were very violent to outsiders, and he knew that it was illegal to try to contact them. He had said that if he got killed, don't blame the natives. He knew there was a risk, and he executed bad judgement. To try to make your claim is also being a 'smartass'.. and you were making lots of false equivalencies there.

im saying the missionary knew the risk he was taking and he knew this is what his Lord told him to do.

This idiot left his family fatherless to embark on an expedition with near certain fatal consequences in an area where travel is forbidden to preach to a group of people who have made it clear they don't want to hear the message and his Lord told him to do it?

Is that the Lord you want to follow?

This idiot left his family fatherless to embark on an expedition with near certain fatal consequences in an area where travel is forbidden to preach to a group of people who have made it clear they don't want to hear the message and his Lord told him to do it?

Is that the Lord you want to follow?
i might follow Him but that’s doesn’t mean I worship Him. I worship Tengri. His Son Jesus Christ has set many guidelines where you needn’t worry about making it to Heaven. The fool is in Heaven now.

But you live in a big world made smaller by mass communication and technology. You have the benefit of schooling and understanding and knowlege of other cultures. Thes people know none of that. To them we are possibly then end of their existance. They live on a tiny island and have for thousands of years. I'm sure there are hardships of survival there we can scarecely imagine. I think it's quite unfair to judge their fear without knowing their history either.

So, being a group of savages that are insanely behind the times is a valid excuse for execute first, no option for asking questions? Sorry, that does not fly for me.

Well, do you support personal responsibility? I mean, it's sad he died at all, but he knew that they were very violent to outsiders, and he knew that it was illegal to try to contact them. He had said that if he got killed, don't blame the natives. He knew there was a risk, and he executed bad judgement. To try to make your claim is also being a 'smartass'.. and you were making lots of false equivalencies there.

Of course support personal responsibility. To leap from that to thinking it is okay that he was executed is an exercise in mental gymnastics that I will not lower myself to.

Of course support personal responsibility. To leap from that to thinking it is okay that he was executed is an exercise in mental gymnastics that I will not lower myself to.

Well, just make sure you don't invade another country without proper authoriszation.

Back
Top Bottom