• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'

yeah, i read about that tribe. Wasnt contact with them expressly forbidden? How in the hell did he get somebody to take him there? Oh well, another darwin award winner.
f.y.i:

seven fishermen have been arrested for illegally ferrying the american to the island, police say.

Feel sorry for this persons family, but at the same time, this was an extremely dangerous and ill advised idea that was 99.99% likely to end in violence.

Same here.
I feel sorry for his family, but in this age of solipsism, I can't help but wonder if he watched "The Mission" and just assumed he was the main character who would soothe their savage hearts.
Considering some of the pirates the area used to have, my guess is that the reason for their extreme hostility is bloody experience.

I have been reading up a bit on this tribe and they may have been on that island as long as 55K years. And numerous articles have stated they lack the ability to make fire. One of the reasons it is illegal to go near them is they have been isolated so long they lack the immunity necessary to fight off our modern diseases, which makes what the missionary was doing even more questionable.

Well the liberal snowflake perspective is not protecting our sovereign southern border. Harsher brutal tactics need to be enacted to stop the third world invasion.

Uhm its not just liberal's who are at fault for the immigration issue. You should be spreading some of that hate the GOP way.

I feel very sorry for him, and his family. He should not have gone, and the Indian fisherman who took him were utterly irresponsible.

Looks like these fisherman are wanted by the law. Though in a poor country such as India it don't cost much to bribe.

What we need is for people to once again have the smarts and the morality to respect the sovereignty of their fellow humans, to stop the efforts to violate them.

But what about their souls? They are being violated for their own good, according to entitled, totalitarian Christians. What a shame that their hegemony knows no bounds but they keep their intellect in a small box.

Nate Saint and four other Christian missionaries lost their lives in Equador under similar circumstances, but they were no fools. Not only did the natives eventually come to Christ but the fact of those men giving their lives in the jungle spurred an explosion in American missionary outreach to the whole world and floods of others began to volunteer to go preach Christ into the far reaches of earth.

They didn't come to christ, christ came to them, aggressively, the way he always does, with no respect for any other culture or way of life. It is a viral meme with an extremely ignorant, reckless and violent history.

Why must Christendom be spread to isolated tribes? Because nobody else is gullible enough to believe it. It's the last available market for those selling dumb. In the secular world's free market of ideas, Christianity is, rightfully, hemorrhaging members. They are relegated to seeking membership elsewhere, where people have never heard the name "Darwin" and don't understand they're being groomed for shame, pedophilia and theft. Oh, what a surprise Jesus holds in store for them, what a horrible surprise.

To borrow from the words of a former famous singer, "Jesus Christ and men like Nate Saint are more famous than the Beatles."

You wish.

Well the liberal snowflake perspective is not protecting our sovereign southern border. Harsher brutal tactics need to be enacted to stop the third world invasion.

Wow, now that's the most ignorant, immoral perspective possible. I thought you were a christian? How do refugees from violence and poverty get to be called invaders? They are the least of these, as Jesus described, and you, sir, are a hypocrite. When human need presents itself to you, your ilk rush to redefine it as something sinister rather than embrace an opportunity to do good.

It's one thing to be transparently dumb and cruel. It's another to flaunt it.

I saw this in the MSM. Christ’s work was done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

Silly, silly boy.

For those who don't know about the North Sentinel Island, its inhabitants are completely un-contacted, it's speculated they don't even know how to produce fire, virtually every story about contact with this tribe has ended in violence, they have killed a number of people that have intentionally or unintentionally ended up on the Island.

For you budding anthropologists out there, this is a fascinating topic, there's limited information, but what is there is fascinating.

Feel sorry for this persons family, but at the same time, this was an extremely dangerous and ill advised idea that was 99.99% likely to end in violence.

I was just talking about this with my husband. It sounds so ridiculous, because what we all would expect to happen, exactly happened.

When I first heard about the story, I thought the guy was an adventurer, and that is why he went to the island. Then hearing he wanted to convert the people to Christianity.... well, that makes no sense. How did he plan on talking to them? The people probably speak an isolated tribal language.

His goals make no sense, and it makes me wonder if he had a mental health issue for even thinking this was a good idea.

Yeah, I read about that tribe. Wasnt contact with them expressly forbidden? How in the hell did he get somebody to take him there? Oh well, another Darwin award winner.

Fisherman took him to the island. He probably bribed or paid them.

The Indian government made it illegal as contact with the modern world may wipe them out due to disease.

Boy must have paid those fisherman well, but they're in major **** for taking him over there.

Yes, he could have killed them with disease. Isn't it obvious? What was the guy thinking.... :doh

:lamo

Are you saying Jesus wanted him dead?
im saying the missionary knew the risk he was taking and he knew this is what his Lord told him to do.

Yup guy deserves a Darwin

I've read about this tribe before. They are dying out, but do not want outside contact whatsoever. That's why India had "hands off" laws about that. It's unfortunate, but this guy just couldn't seem to give up. No, not everyone wants or needs the gospel!

They didn't come to christ, christ came to them, aggressively, the way he always does, with no respect for any other culture or way of life. It is a viral meme with an extremely ignorant, reckless and violent history.

Why must Christendom be spread to isolated tribes? Because nobody else is gullible enough to believe it. It's the last available market for those selling dumb. In the secular world's free market of ideas, Christianity is, rightfully, hemorrhaging members. They are relegated to seeking membership elsewhere, where people have never heard the name "Darwin" and don't understand they're being groomed for shame, pedophilia and theft. Oh, what a surprise Jesus holds in store for them, what a horrible surprise.

You wish.

Murdering strangers is just one trait of uncivilized savages. Never mind the opposition from civilized savages to the spread of the gospel, God sends His missionaries into all the world to preach the gospel to every creature.

Murdering strangers is just one trait of uncivilized savages. Never mind the opposition from civilized savages to the spread of the gospel, God sends His missionaries into all the world to preach the gospel to every creature.

Uncivilised savages who murder wedding guests with drone attacks? How unChristian.

Do the women in that tribe deserve a better life? Or can we assume that are happy being barefoot and pregnant?

Does anyone else thinks it’s kind of crazy that we just allow this tribe to exist in this day and age? Like i understand the American in this story was at fault and that the fisherman shouldn’t have taken him ( bet the money was a lot for them) but at the same point why do we tolerate such an angry little tribe?
What if for example a boats crew gets in trouble and they get shipwrecked or wash up on this island? They all get brutally murdered by this lot and we all just ignore it? “ they don’t know any better”
Just seems a bit ridiculous to me. We’ve been to the moon ffs.

Does anyone else thinks it’s kind of crazy that we just allow this tribe to exist in this day and age? Like i understand the American in this story was at fault and that the fisherman shouldn’t have taken him ( bet the money was a lot for them) but at the same point why do we tolerate such an angry little tribe?
What if for example a boats crew gets in trouble and they get shipwrecked or wash up on this island? They all get brutally murdered by this lot and we all just ignore it? “ they don’t know any better”
Just seems a bit ridiculous to me. We’ve been to the moon ffs.

So should the state go in there, kidnap everyone and disperse them throughout India? Take the land which clearly belongs to the tribe? Force everyone to go to school to be "Indian"

Do the women in that tribe deserve a better life? Or can we assume that are happy being barefoot and pregnant?

I'd say that it depends on who gets to decide on what constitutes a better life.

So should the state go in there, kidnap everyone and disperse them throughout India? Take the land which clearly belongs to the tribe? Force everyone to go to school to be "Indian"

No but they should do more to protect us civilized folk. Build some sort of sea barrier maybe or have patrol boats protecting people from the island. However i don’t think it’s unreasonable either to go in with soldiers and get that body back. It’s on the beach so they don’t have to invade their camps etc.

Ps. How was your thanksgiving dinner? ;)

Back
Top Bottom