• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

Contact with the endangered Andaman tribes living in isolation from the world is illegal because of the risks to them from outside disease.
Estimates say the Sentinelese, who are totally cut off from civilisation, number only between 50 and 150.

I cannot imagine an “isolated” area on the face of the world.

Well, he was absolutely determined to break local laws to go where he wasn't wanted. The Sentinelese have shot arrows at helicopters and any others wanting to visit their island. but he apparently has visited the island 4 times to try and develop his preaching.

"The Sentinelese have shown again and again that they want to be left alone, and their wishes should be respected,"

I have no sympathy I'm afraid - visits to the island carry a health warning, local fishermen knew the laws and penalties but he seemed determined to go.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

Contact with the endangered Andaman tribes living in isolation from the world is illegal because of the risks to them from outside disease.
Estimates say the Sentinelese, who are totally cut off from civilisation, number only between 50 and 150.

I cannot imagine an “isolated” area on the face of the world.

Can't feel to sorry for the guy. It doesn't seem they are shy about their wishes to be left alone. He is someone's son thought and that they have to live with this and so close to all the holidays is sad.

Back
Top Bottom