• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American Chop Suey... [W:21]

My 2 cents. I grew up in PEI, Canada. In the 50's lobster was so plentiful and cheap. Poor kids took lobster sandwiches to school, rich kids had peanut butter. Go figure.

Now that's funny. When I was growing up in the '50's and early 60's, abalone was plentiful. We'd get it from friends for nothin'. Back on some of the roads you'd see piles of shells. Plenty of ash trays.

Rather than attack, please provide a healthier alternatve.

Certain types of deli meats I stay away from. Like that square block they slice for chicken or turkey. Loaded with chemicals.
When I do buy other meats, beef, pepperoni, smoked meats, I will often ask for the wings off that chicken block.

My 2 cents. I grew up in PEI, Canada. In the 50's lobster was so plentiful and cheap. Poor kids took lobster sandwiches to school, rich kids had peanut butter. Go figure.

Prisoners held during the civil war off the coast of Massachusetts on the prison Islands revolted because all they were feed was lobster.

Prisoners held during the civil war off the coast of Massachusetts on the prison Islands revolted because all they were feed was lobster.
Public perception of lobster at the time, and it probably not even prepared correctly, would of course lead to riot.

Cut your meat into thin bite sized chunks and then marinade it in soy sauce & corn starch. (this is a common tenderizer and will give you that Chinese restaurant style mouth feel)

Then, add a little oil to the pan turn on burner.

Take your can's of chinese veggies and rinse and pat dry with paper towels

Toss meat into hot pan and stir letting it brown

remove, drain on paper towel.

add veggies to pan

take 1/2c soy sauce 1 1/2 c water add to veggies

bring to simmer

add meat

back to simmer

1/2 c warm, like room temp water and 1/4 c of corn starch mix thoroughly.

turn heat in pan up slowly add water/cs mix while stirring the whole time, as it comes to a boil you'll notice it begin to thicken once this starts you can stop adding mix whenever you have desired consistency. let cook for 1 min (cooks the corn starch out) adjust w/ soy sauce for taste

Do the same to the above but use 1/4c teriyaki sauce to 1/2 soy sauce 1/4c water before thickening add about a 2-3 second good squeeze of honey (I personally like the little bear bottle) to the pan and stir.

This added to any frozen asian style veggie mix is a simple stir fry

(I add a drizzle of sesame oil to the pan at the beginning for this)

Back
Top Bottom